Photography?

trimandson

my focal point was the bridge so with the snow mode i think it blurred the trees behind .. i've not read the manual yet (hey i'm a bloke) so it's quite posisble that the background is blurring a bit ...

It's Wisely gardens , was just kidding about it being my back garden :-)

with a TZ7 in snow mode too ,Tony just copied me

:angry: i refer you to our FB conversation when I got back from the snow dome where i used snow mode and i quote you said "I've not used that mode yet"

selective memory some people have :winkold:

Very nice, bickster. did you use filters on that one?

Erm yes and no at time of capture no and I have to say that the image is photoshopped. Its had a levels adjustment and a grad filter added (that is normal) but its also had another treatment to it, that I do quite often, which is to merge layers (in this case just the original and the levels) then using image adjustments go, invert > Equalize > Invert

Here is the original, so you can see the difference

thefenceoriginal.th.jpg

This is completely untouched, as shot from my little pocket camera

Its interesting, some people are now going to dislike the image, me I like it, its just a digital way of doing something photographers have done for years but for some reason its now become disliked in certain quarters

Boo hiss etc etc

never really worked with photoshop other than a tweak or two with lighten \darken

i like the effect in that picture so thought i would try one ..... made a new layer .. I found invert under new adjustment layer , but not equalize ..can you point me towards the right menu ...

right to do this you have to:-

Open a new blank layer at the top of the stack

Hold down the alt key and then in layers click "merge visible" this leaves all the other layers intact but gives you a new layer with all the layers merged also (welcome to non destructive layering)

Then with your new layer selected go to image menu (not layers you cant do equalize in layers) and select adjustments then invert, then same again but equilze, the same again and invert again. All you are doing is redistributing the range of colours in the image more equally, sometimes it works, sometimes it looks shit

I then applied the grad filter afterwards

Interesting. I do similar changes, but in a different way.

I get by taking 2-3 exposures, then combining to bring the best out of each exposure. Sometimes it looks very good, but not always. The grad filter you put on looks to have worked really good. The sky is not only dark but filled with color.

I don't mind edited photos. A mate of mine bought a filter system that he screws onto his lens. He can slide in multiple filters, he has whole case of different ones, some graduated. The images he takes now are just fantastic, but if you can't afford, or don't want to carry 10 kg of equipment with you, photoshop can be your friend.

Â