Photography?

trimandson

Living in Litherland, Brigga is rather lucky to find a duck at all they usually find their way onto the menu of the local chippy ;-)

but seriously Peter is right, a central composition has to be special to work, if it works it kinda breaks the rules, he's also right about the other stuff

No doubt Damon will be along at some point, but he'll have to get his car started in the cold first ;-)

Living in Litherland, Brigga is rather lucky to find a duck at all they usually find their way onto the menu of the local chippy ;-)

but seriously Peter is right, a central composition has to be special to work, if it works it kinda breaks the rules, he's also right about the other stuff

No doubt Damon will be along at some point, but he'll have to get his car started in the cold first ;-)

Rules are made to be... broken. If you like the image then create it :)

And who's Damon? ;)

My car hasn't been touched since I got home monday night. Oh and it has a new battery now :P

Some from Yesterday and today

What if i log on tomorrow ?

are they all off the TZ7 ? auto or snow mode ?

Top two are with D300 bottom two with TZ7, the fence one has been shopped quite a bit, the other hasn't, They two TZ7 one's were shot on the snow setting, which it has to be said gave fairly impressive results. The Original of the fence one is on my FB Tony, its fairly impressive on its own as shot

EDI: A my post is dated you numpty :P

Really nice work Bicks. All great but the 3rd is my favourite for some reason. If you had it without the colour i wouldnt mind seeing that.

Not Tried it, but I thinl without the yellow on the train it'll lose impact. Might give it a go later though

Okay need some help here deciding on camera to use whilst in Africa:

Nikon Coolpix 12.1 MP

Canon PowerShot 12.1 MP

Nikon Coolpix 10.0 MP

Sanyo HD Camcorder

Now obviously the last one is more a camcorder then a camera, but I think I might get it along with one of the other ones, just for taking out and about to a pub or to use while snorkeling.

I'm leaning towards the Canon based on reviews...any other camera suggestions?

Shooting pics in the Snow - lots of differing advice out there re best settings etc

VT advice?

Well, I'm sure there's a lot more expert advice out there than what I can offer, but in the absence of other answers:

Beware your camera's auto-exposures. The camera will expose for the snow, in many cases. Sometimes, that will work for your shot. Often, it won't. For example, if you are taking a shot of something darker against a background of snow, the camera may expose correctly for the snow but underexpose for your subject, leaving it a bit dark.

So, you might want to use whatever settings you have to control the exposure, and over-expose by one or two stops.

My advice is go for fully manual settings, usually over-expose by two stops compared to what the exposure meter tells you, and if in doubt, bracket one stop either way.

However, I accept no responsibility if my suggestions result in a totally screwed up photo-session. Sorry about that.

Okay need some help here deciding on camera to use whilst in Africa:

you forgot the option for "none of them" :winkold:

still think you want the Panasonic TZ7 .. it even has a HD camera built in and the "scene" modes are pretty good , for example just select "sunset" and it will do all the fancy stuff for you and you get a nice sunset picture

as a point and click camera it's probably the best one out there

Â