Photography?

trimandson

Tarjei

Are you talking about the focus lock when you half press the shutter release? That will always reset after every shot

Or are you talking about the focus lock button? In that case I'm not sure what that is meant to do on your model but I know a place you will definitely find the answer.

Nikonians - THE Nikon owners independent website

Not sure what you mean by either really. I think lots is lost in translation. I'm not sure of the terms in my native language nevermind in english.

When I half press the shutter release the camera automaticly picks a focus points. Sometimes, if I press a 2nd or 3rd time, it will chose the next focus point, but at times it seems impossible to pick the focus point I want. When I set it to manually set the focus point, I can half press the shutter release, then press left or right to change focus. I like this, but every time I take a picture it's reset. Dunno, but it feels like I'm missing some easy trick.

Not sure what you mean by either really. I think lots is lost in translation. I'm not sure of the terms in my native language nevermind in english.

When I half press the shutter release the camera automaticly picks a focus points. Sometimes, if I press a 2nd or 3rd time, it will chose the next focus point, but at times it seems impossible to pick the focus point I want. When I set it to manually set the focus point, I can half press the shutter release, then press left or right to change focus. I like this, but every time I take a picture it's reset. Dunno, but it feels like I'm missing some easy trick.

Tarj - there is an option where you can decide on which focus point the camera chooses

Its the AF-Area mode - have a look in the custome setting menu - don't forget use the ? button to see what difference it can make

Also you can use the wheel to change from left to right depending on what mode you are shooting in

As said have a look at the Ken Rockwell site for explanation and / or get a book like the Nikon D60 for dummies - it does a good job explaining the process behind it

We seem to be a bit lacking in new pics guys! I'm swamped with Uni work until the end of May but will be back with a vengeance during the long summer holidays!

haven't taken a photo in anger for ages, wifes illness put paid to that, now she's on the mend, you may see me post a few soon, and hopefully as I'm of to London in a wee or so's time I might take some then

Agree with Gareth on those comments

For the "newbies" amongst us, is there any mileage in also posting a few details about the settings used when taking the photo's (and possibly equip?)

That would be interesting.

I haven't had time to read much about anything yet, with a house full of kids this easter, but I've played around abit with shutter speed, aperture and ISO. Not that I've had any luck yet, hehe.

I'm very pleased with the camera. Can't wait for summer!

you need to investigate the AE-L/AF-L button

That did the trick, thanks :)

I'd like to post a recommendation... any book by John Hedgcoe is usually worth the effort.. I have a few of his old old old books.. simple explanations, every image has settings.. I think books are still being released by him but check out the charity shops ;) Well worth it.

Its been a while since I've had time for photography but hopefully this weekend I may take a few but I did have time to revisit a few shots tonight and came up with this

Its an album cover waiting to happen imo........

pointscolour002.gif

A certain Lancs was stood right by me when I took this :nod:

Aha that te beauty of it, it asks that question. A bit like Robert Robinson in ask the family :mrgreen: (anyone who understands that is showing their age)

Its actually a small part of a sculpture on Blackpool Promenade, I've posted other pictures of it before. It is just a big Rusty spikey thing called Desire by Chris Knight - (2001) I like it a lot, makes me want to give lancs a ring and go photographing up them ways again............

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a newbie photographer and haven't been able to take many pictures lately due to work but here's one that I took in June last year of Harlech beach taken from the Barmouth to Harlech road.

It was on an Olympus E-510. F/10, 1/200th exposure.

This was put on the Redbubble site and someone actually brought a large print of this which I was enormously chuffed about. The first, and only, photograph I've sold but I don't care :D

harlechbeach.jpg

Well done mate, selling a photo is great! When someone likes it well enough to buy it, you've affirmed your own ability :)

Not trying to be modest but it was more luck that the conditions were so good and that spot on the road has such a great view.

I had the camera on an automatic 'landscape' setting. I've tried experimenting with some settings but I'm not capable of using the camera to it's full extent at all, so my ability is limited.

That the great thing with cameras now though. You can go and mess about take hundreds of shots experimenting and it doesn't matter if you only get a handfull of decent pictures. That would have been impossible to do in the days of film.

Here's another one I was pleased with. It's a view from Garnedd Ugain which is the mountain before Snowdon when doing the 'Snowdon Horseshoe'. I didn't do the whole horseshoe but crossed Crib Goch, which I wouldn't have attempted if the weather hadn't been perfect, so again it wasn't hard to get a good picture.

viewfromgarneddugain.jpg

Â