Photography?

trimandson

Cheers mate, The first one is a weird one as its part of a set but I just thought I would put it up! Oh while I'm on the subject I thought i might show you guys something I've been working on over the last few days.

How To DSLR

This is a site I've been making while at Uni to fill the spare time between my lectures and partying. It's only got a few things on at the moment but I'm hoping to put something up there every 2 days give or take.

The site isn't an instruction manual and won't explain every inch of your camera instead it just teaches you some things to actually go out and do with your camera rather than just using it family events and stuff! If your interested just look at "The Classroom" hopefully it might be of some help!

Cheers guys.

Couple from today.

The place is crawling with police because NATO are in town for a jolly. I was stopped and questioned in a friendly way twice. However, the superior officer who received the report back wanted a bit more information, so when I was in a shop buying cinnamon sticks, a minbus full of police in flak jackets pulled up outside, two of them came in and asked me to step outside, and I got 15 minutes of identity checking, questioning, and being photographed.

The first copper who had stopped me turned up, having being instructed to get back on the case and find out more about me. He was a little aplogetic. But his mate seemed to think I was taking the piss when I explained that I was taking pictures of lines. Oh well.

Think I'd better write to the chief constable to ask what they intend to do with the photos and records.

Got a couple of sympathetic comments from the Muslim shop owners when I went back in to complete my modest purchase.

4105698607_bcb8118a0d.jpg

4106473410_6c7e3e0645.jpg

4105701829_0c0cf6d694.jpg

Good shots, I like the first one. Worth the harassment I think. I've had it a few times where security guards and police have got a bit funny with me taking pictures, you just have to stay polite but stand your ground. Oh and they can never force you to delete a photo.

So they didn't try to pull any section 44 nonsense on you then?

I only found out about this today, or i would've gone down with the camera yesterday for the protests. Probably better i didn't for the sake of getting into arguments with people 'just doing their job'.

I'm sure they loved the 'line photography' excuse, just ambiguous enough for a DNA sample i suspect. Call me a cynic, but i'd say you're wasting your time asking what they'll do with the info.

On a lighter note, love the top one... lines indeed.

How much should I charge?

No one has an opinion? Heading down to meet them tomorrow..

I simply have no idea (thanks for the compliment, missed your post until you just posted again). Firstly I think the Damian is possibly your man being the pro but I'm not sure he has much experience of working with photo agencies either.

A lot of it is personal to you and just remember a good deal is one where both sides feel they are getting what they want from the situation, it is also hard because you live in a different country and prices may be different.

Thing is, those shots are stunning and beautiful

Its about time I uploaded some more stuff to here, I've bought myself a new camera but this time its not bigger and better, its a small panasonic TZ7

So I can have a camera with me 24 hours a day, really enjoying using it and the challenges it presents

yawningman.jpg

southbankatnight.jpg

rudolphc.jpg

rainybridge02.jpg

rainonwindow.jpg

papergirl.jpg

So they didn't try to pull any section 44 nonsense on you then?

No, they were ok. First ones went past me and clocked me, then turned around and stopped beside me 5 mins later, politely explaining the situation.

Second lot asked if I was doing an architectural project (training - try to build rapport). They apologised for harrassing me, and when I said it was very gentle harrassment, made a quip about batons, which I thought was quite good.

Third lot were more businesslike, but still a comment about how she did photography at school (attempted rapport again). I think out of about eight I spoke to, the great majority were trying to be friendly and let me know they were just doing what was required, and only one was coming on "I'm in charge here".

I suppose it helps that I don't look like a Brazilian electrician on his way to work, but I don't have any complaints about the way the guys on the ground dealt with me. The policy and general approach, detaining and photographing civilians who are just taking photos, of course is a different matter...

Cheers mate, The first one is a weird one as its part of a set but I just thought I would put it up! Oh while I'm on the subject I thought i might show you guys something I've been working on over the last few days.

How To DSLR

This is a site I've been making while at Uni to fill the spare time between my lectures and partying. It's only got a few things on at the moment but I'm hoping to put something up there every 2 days give or take.

The site isn't an instruction manual and won't explain every inch of your camera instead it just teaches you some things to actually go out and do with your camera rather than just using it family events and stuff! If your interested just look at "The Classroom" hopefully it might be of some help!

Cheers guys.

Site looks good and is a nice idea, sites like that get better when they grow in size. If you intend to improve it at that rate in no time it should become popular with the right exposure

Its about time I uploaded some more stuff to here, I've bought myself a new camera but this time its not bigger and better, its a small panasonic TZ7

So I can have a camera with me 24 hours a day, really enjoying using it and the challenges it presents

yawningman.jpg

papergirl.jpg

Love the first one. So much to see there.

Also like the last one. Bit like what I was trying to do with the one below. But where mine is static, people turning their backs on him, yours is about people rushing past.

4106563759_7c93017000.jpg

Thanks Peter, the First one was one of the very first shots I took with the new camera and I wouldn't have seen it if the lift in the car park had been working. That in itself was a lesson and I'm not sure the Paper Girl one would have been possible with my DSLRs because they are too obvious, people spot them straight away and act accordingly, the girl here had no idea she was being photographed which in its own way makes the shot, as its natural

Not surprised people are turning their backs on the bloke in yours though, look at the crap band on the cover ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Could any of you guys recommend a backpack?

I'm looking for something that can fit a camera, a few lenses and other gear, but also a 15.6" laptop. Needs to be waterproof, or with built in cover. Basically I want a backpack that I can use for school, travelling and hiking :)

Been looking at these

CompuTrekker-Plus-AW

CompuTrekker-AW

Vertex-200-AW

The Big Cheese

They look to fit the bill, particularly the Crumpler bag, only problem is it can not fit a laptop thicker than 2.5cm, so I think I might go for one of the Lowepro bags.

Â