Scientific Experiment V1#1 R.Lerner/ Board Approval Ratings

jackbauer24

Do you currently approve of Randy Lerner's ownership of AVFC?  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Do you currently approve of Randy Lerner's ownership of AVFC?

• Disapprove
    • Approve

Can't blame him, with crowds of 36k it's not possible to challenge for 4th without serious money to burn. .

We averaged over 40k in 08/09 and just short of that in 07/08 and 09/10.

Still not enough for compete for 4th.

Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool, Spurs.

To finish 4th we have to finish above THREE of those teams. Can you see that happening? I can't. Not without a Russian oil tycoon coming in and spending hundreds of millions. And then it won't be Aston Villa any more.

ie it would be successful which is not Aston Villa.

I could not really care less what the name of the Stadium is, does it really matter?? If money from sponsorship of the Stadium could help us a) avoid relegation B) start aiming for 6th place again id take it.

The stadium's name is Villa Park. We have always played there. (In before the 'played at Aston Lower Grounds'...you know what I mean). So yes, it is important that we still have some dignity and don't play at the Aston Twitter Soccerbowl.

CI, your positive posts continue to inspire me!

The stadium's name is Villa Park. We have always played there. (In before the 'played at Aston Lower Grounds'...you know what I mean). So yes, it is important that we still have some dignity and don't play at the Aston Twitter Soccerbowl.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but the Cleveland Browns play at the Cleveland Browns stadium. He won't even change their name so I doubt he'd do it to us.

I think we could have much worse owners in place.

After watching Dispatches: How to buy a Football Club on Channel4 the other day it made me glad to have a Yank in charge.

If, and it's a big if, but if we are in the top 6 or 7 come the end of this calendar year then everyone will be back to licking his arse, such are the fickle ways of a modern fan.

After watching Dispatches: How to buy a Football Club on Channel4 the other day it made me glad to have a Yank in charge.

If, and it's a big if, but if we are in the top 6 or 7 come the end of this calendar year then everyone will be back to licking his arse, such are the fickle ways of a modern fan.

We aren't going to be back in the top 6 or 7 for quite some time. We haven't got a top 6 or 7 standard manager or squad.

We aren't going to be back in the top 6 or 7 for quite some time. We haven't got a top 6 or 7 standard manager or squad.

That's an assumption as well as an opinion.

I don't think we will be top 6 or 7 come January but I do not know that we will not be.

Totally agree mate! We could change the name to something else for £200m and we would still not be guaranteed to get into the top 4 because, according to the General, big name foreign players don't want to come to play in Birmingham!

Keep our tradition and let's try the hard way. At least we'll have earnt it if we do get there!

Totally agree mate! We could change the name to something else for £200m and we would still not be guaranteed to get into the top 4 because, according to the General, big name foreign players don't want to come to play in Birmingham!

Keep our tradition and let's try the hard way. At least we'll have earnt it if we do get there!

Although im naturally sympathetic to this opinion, i am also sympathetic to the Corner Shop and Milk being delivered to my Door :winkold:

Sometimes we have to leave sentiment (and sadly) tradition to one side, if we are not going to run the risk of being swallowed up by bigger and progressive competitors.

Lets be honest here, if the Ground was called something else, it would will be still known to everyone on here as Villa Park, and Randy would have more Cash to either spend or put in his back pocket!

Besides, you could always incorperate the sponsers name around Villa Park, especially if the development plans included the land owned by us, surrounding the ground.

Something like the Disney World stadium at Villa Park? :lol:

Quite frankly, i want my club competing at the top and not fighting it out with the Boltons of this world. Ive been lucky enough to witness our greatest triumphs, and i want myself and those to young to remember, to witness them again.

If a silly little name can give us some extra revenue to do that, then bring it on!!!!!

Although im naturally sympathetic to this opinion, i am also sympathetic to the Corner Shop and Milk being delivered to my Door :winkold:

Sometimes we have to leave sentiment (and sadly) tradition to one side, if we are not going to run the risk of being swallowed up by bigger and progressive competitors.

Lets be honest here, if the Ground was called something else, it would will be still known to everyone on here as Villa Park, and Randy would have more Cash to either spend or put in his back pocket!

Besides, you could always incorperate the sponsers name around Villa Park, especially if the development plans included the land owned by us, surrounding the ground.

Something like the Disney World stadium at Villa Park? :lol:

Quite frankly, i want my club competing at the top and not fighting it out with the Boltons of this world. Ive been lucky enough to witness our greatest triumphs, and i want myself and those to young to remember, to witness them again.

If a silly little name can give us some extra revenue to do that, then bring it on!!!!!

Rather ironically you mention Bolton there - who do have a sponsor stadium name - the Reebok.

Unless its for a LOT of money - im against the idea myself.

Supporters will call the stadium what they want, no matter what its called.

You go arounf 1000 people in the street and ask them what ground West Ham play at and I bet 980 of them will say Upton Park.

I heard a Man City fan say "Eastlands" the other night on the radio.

The reason people call them Emirates / Reebok etc.. is they were brand new grounds built and named that from the off.

Its gonna happem, whether it is this year or 5 yrs, its inevitable.

I've gone to see SF Giants over the past 10 yrs at PacBel Park, AT & T Park, and one other I can't remember the name of now - I sat in the seat on every occasion

Totally anti.

Breaks my heart, those first few years were fantastic. I was a total Randy lover.

Afraid it is time to wake up.

The scarves were a small gesture, a long time ago now, in a very different Villa World.

Talk of Randys investment ignores that most is through loans and has been recouped by sales. Infrastructure spending is irrelvant as he will get all that back on sale of the Club.

The obvious duplicity between the Clubs stated ambition and reality is a scandal, and we are being taken for idiots.

Communication, planning, transfers, etc - a shambles.

Utter rubbish talked about Man City, squads, etc - see Liverpool for how to match claims to actions.

I no longer care who we get in, as long as they are honest about what they will try to acheive.

Totally anti.

Breaks my heart, those first few years were fantastic. I was a total Randy lover.

The scarves were a small gesture, a long time ago now, in a very different Villa World.

Talk of Randys investment ignores that most is through loans and has been recouped by sales. Infrastructure spending is irrelvant as he will get all that back on sale of the Club.

The obvious duplicity between the Clubs stated ambition and reality is a scandal, and we are being taken for idiots.

Utter rubbish talked about Man City, squads, etc - see Liverpool for how to match claims to actions.

I no longer care who we get in, as long as they are honest about what they will try to acheive.

Oh, you mean the Liverpool for who spent 100m I presume.

But fail to notice that that sold Torres for 50m , Alonso for 25m , Maschereno for about 20m , Babbel for about 5m (and then many others I cant name)

But dont let facts get in the way of media spin shall we

Totally anti.

But fail to notice that that sold Torres for 50m , Alonso for 25m , Maschereno for about 20m , Babbel for about 5m (and then many others I cant name)

Not interested - we are a shambles with no ambition going nowhere, and those who keep finding reasons or suggesting we wait and see will eventually join those of us who have had enough.

I don't care whether Lerner invests or not- but don't keep claiming high ambitions while running our Great Club like this.

Totally anti.

Not interested - we are a shambles with no ambition going nowhere, and those who keep finding reasons or suggesting we wait and see will eventually join those of us who have had enough.

I don't care whether Lerner invests or not- but don't keep claiming high ambitions while running our Great Club like this.

Oh deary deary me - (bold print) puts something on here to slag our club off, is proved wrong so resorts to throwing teddies out of pram.

I may be wrong, I will admit, coz I dont know enough about Liverpool - but I would hazard a guess this "see Liverpool for a board with ambition" have sold and received more money for players than they have spent !.

But as I say - lets just sweep that bit under the carpet so we can slag our own club off shall we.

Pathetic ! - what next - Fergusun is a puppet for the Glazers coz they sold Ronaldo for 80m, Tevez for 30m - and haven't spent half of it !

Â