Scientific Experiment V1#1 R.Lerner/ Board Approval Ratings

jackbauer24

Do you currently approve of Randy Lerner's ownership of AVFC?  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Do you currently approve of Randy Lerner's ownership of AVFC?

• Disapprove
    • Approve

well they are nearly all Labour voters on here so if Randy is spending Millions and losing money he's great. If he wants to balance the books, he has no ambition, wants to sell the club, only in it for the profit etc,etc. To be honest if we had this poll 3 years ago I reckon the result would have been 99% in favour. For me he is still the best chairman in the league

Seriously....

This is football, not the fecking banking crisis. If he doesn't want to invest anymore he should get out and get somebody in who can.

The best chairman in the league wouldn't let wages spiral out of control in the first place and would communicate with the fans when necessary.

Can't really argue with this. Everyone blames MON for wage bill, but Randy sanctioned the ridiculous wages on (MON's hand picked) average players.

And the alternative is who exactly

1) Somebody who is willing and able to invest

2) Somebody who has a plan for the next 5 years

3) Somebody who has ambition and does not see relegation twice as good experience

4) Somebody who can give the manager money whilst not overloading the wage bill and somebody who can spot the wrong manager a mile off, knowing somebody with heart problems is a risk and any pay off with cost the club - again.

5) Somebody not pre-occupied with the hire of the wrong managers for two sports teams.

Seriously....

This is football, not the fecking banking crisis. If he doesn't want to invest anymore he should get out and get somebody in who can.

Just that easy uh.

Grass is not always greener, be careful what you wish for etc etc.

Selling the club to someone who claims they have plenty means jack shit.

They could be the next Venkeys, or Small Heath owners, you'd have something serious to moan about then.

any luck?

No but I am glad you are asking me, considering Randy's appointments and decision making etc for Villa and the Brown's, he probably is not the best person to choose our next chairman.

What is the big picture? aiming for midtable mediocrity? People have a right to be a bit annoyed about what direction the club is going in now considering we have been fed BS PR from the club by the likes of Krulak and his cronies with Proud History Bright Future and 5 year plans and champions league football at the end of it. It might be the truth of the matter but selling 2 of our best players in 1 window and only replacing 1 of them is unacceptable the board and the current management must be deluded if they think we can rely on our youngsters it just will not wash with some we were a club that used to finish top 6 after all

It appears as if our wage bill may have been £384,000 per week over budget for a couple of years.

What should a good, responsible club owner do in that situation?

It appears as if our wage bill may have been £384,000 per week over budget for a couple of years.

Maybe not be in that situation in the first place?

That's a very fair question PB. Randy appointed Faulkner to get hold of it I suppose. They also had a parting of the ways with the man mainly responsible for being allowed to spend it, although I think Villa showed far too much faith in MON. I'd love to know what the actual weekly budget is. We have allowed loads and loads to leave in the last 18 months or so, surely it must be about on line by now?

People make mistakes. What do you do when you make a mistake? Carry on doing it, or rectify it?

Nobody is defending how Randy and MON messed it up, but it needs fixing which they're going to do.

So you're basically saying they shouldn't have spend loads on the wage bill, but we're not spending enough right now at the same time. Win win for you isn't it Mr Ray of Sunshine.

Actually, what they really could do, is tell the fans so we understand why we are not spending. It looks like they have now got hold of the problem by getting rid of MON, appointing a CEO, selling or releasing loads and loads of players. We should not get in to this situation again, but then we should also be more open with the people who support the club!! I feel we have had a false dawn, due to the General telling us to watch the action!!

People make mistakes. What do you do when you make a mistake? Carry on doing it, or rectify it?

Nobody is defending how Randy and MON messed it up, but it needs fixing which they're going to do.

So you're basically saying they shouldn't have spend loads on the wage bill, but we're not spending enough right now at the same time. Win win for you isn't it Mr Ray of Sunshine.

Didn't you predict us to spend big this summer?

This is very different tune you seem to be singing now.

Â