Scientific Experiment V1#1 R.Lerner/ Board Approval Ratings

jackbauer24

Do you currently approve of Randy Lerner's ownership of AVFC?  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Do you currently approve of Randy Lerner's ownership of AVFC?

• Disapprove
    • Approve

I'm sure Lerner is a nice bloke with his heart in the right place, but when it comes to running sports teams, his results at the Browns and Villa suggest that he isn't very good at it.

I'm sure Lerner is a nice bloke with his heart in the right place, but when it comes to running sports teams, his results at the Browns and Villa suggest that he isn't very good at it.

Yeah kind of how I feel but I would say his in-ability to appoint the right people is his failure.

Not sure about Faulkners ability to be the Chief Executive, but I approve of Randy ownership simply cause it's not like there's many alternatives. Newcastle another Premiership club but one with a larger fanbase and a resulting higher revenue than Villa has been on and off the market for 3 years without the sniff of a buyer. I would prefer Randy to the Carsen Yeung's, Al-Fayed's, Dave Whelan's, Gold/Sullivan's and Indian Chicken Merchants of the current day. There are no more Sheikhs knocking around looking for a play thing and even if we were on the market at the same time as Man City were they were a more attractive prospect due to the new stadium and surrounding development opportunities. The same could be said for Liverpool except instead of a stadium they are one of the most recognizable and well supported teams in football. Unlike Villa who get confused for West Ham by pesky foreigners.

+ 1 For buying Darren Bent the best goalscorer ive seen at VP in a long time.

- 10 For selling the supply line to him both Downing and Young with no replacements Heskey on the wing next season?

41787_214277156210_9019_n.jpg

I am shocked by the results. I can see questions need to be asked and answers need to be given, they've made some bad decisions but a majority would still be favouring him. Honestly expected the pole to be 85-15 or something.

There are doubts but certainly don't want him out. Carry on this way for the next couple years and my mind will be changed.

Approve, though not happy about the recent sagas. In my humble opinion that counts for nothing, Villa should get rid of Faulkner and appoint a CEO with football knowledge.

The tipping point is clearly going to be the setting up of Reform Acquisitions Realty Limited. Is he packing up to sell? Is he splitting property and operations? Is it simply a tidy up of operational capital? Is the North Stand rebuild on it's way? Is he looking to consolidate all his outgoings into one, easily affordable payment?*

*gag

I said it before and during the McLeish PR disaster: Lerner NEEDS to make a statement NOW. It's not even worth asking the General, as the response is 'he's not a media man'. Yes, I understand that. Surely we deserve a statement of intention?

I am shocked by the results. I can see questions need to be asked and answers need to be given, they've made some bad decisions but a majority would still be favouring him. Honestly expected the pole to be 85-15 or something.

There are doubts but certainly don't want him out. Carry on this way for the next couple years and my mind will be changed.

It doesn't shock me. Football fans are notoriously fickle.

Approve.

I cant believe people cant see how good we've got it compared to most especially after watching that documentary the other night.

We're losing so much money and if we've sold players to help with that debt then so be it, I'd rather be watching Aston Villa for the next 30 years or so and hopefully down Villa Park and not at Stadium KFC.

Approve.

I cant believe people cant see how good we've got it compared to most especially after watching that documentary the other night.

We're losing so much money and if we've sold players to help with that debt then so be it, I'd rather be watching Aston Villa for the next 30 years or so and hopefully down Villa Park and not at Stadium KFC.

"At Least We're Not Leeds".

I'm pretty much on the fence myself.

The board have done a massive amount for avfc over the past few years but there has been an undoubtable change in direction over the past 12/18 months.

I feel the board need to be a bit more honest with us, if Lerner is going to suddenly stop putting money into the club, resulting in player sales to balance the books, then the fans have every right to ask for clarification about their long term aims.

No one expects Lerner to run Avfc like his own personal charity, and ofcourse the club has to become self sustaining at some point, but a but more communication from the board wouldnt be a bad thing. The lines we currently get fed from the General are both misleading and a little aggressive at times to be honest.

Approve.

Agree. I think when Man City started spending and we fell short of fourth again, RL started to have a look at what it was costing vs chances of success. Can't blame him, with crowds of 36k it's not possible to challenge for 4th without serious money to burn. Hope he keeps spending enough to give us hope, at least - or finds a REALLY wealthy buyer to take over.

Can't blame him, with crowds of 36k it's not possible to challenge for 4th without serious money to burn. .

We averaged over 40k in 08/09 and just short of that in 07/08 and 09/10. It was only last season that crowds dropped off by 2 or 3k. Its likely the same will happen this season but the board have to take a lot of the blame for that given they have just sold two of our best players, on the back of doing the same in the previous two summers,have just employed a manager with a very suspect record and a reputation for playing negative football on the back of another unpopular manager leaving. Crowds will reflect success on the pitch and the belief the fans have in the club moving forwards.

I still approve. Yes he's tightened the purse strings but he has still done fantastic things for this club.

He's probably very sad that we failed to break top 4, and don't have much chance of doing so now, but there will be a plan B, which sadly means making a few cutbacks.

Awkward time for club and fans, but there are far worse chairmen out there. I am still pleased with how Randy does business and the way he manages the club, even if the club is not going quite where we hoped it would.

Alot to be excited about though. Our young players are some of the best around, and given the right opportunity they can be our backbone for many years to come. And when the bottom finally falls out of football (which I believe it will), we will be very nicely positioned to compete.

Can't blame him, with crowds of 36k it's not possible to challenge for 4th without serious money to burn. .

We averaged over 40k in 08/09 and just short of that in 07/08 and 09/10.

Still not enough for compete for 4th.

Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool, Spurs.

To finish 4th we have to finish above THREE of those teams. Can you see that happening? I can't. Not without a Russian oil tycoon coming in and spending hundreds of millions. And then it won't be Aston Villa any more.

To finish 4th we have to finish above THREE of those teams. Can you see that happening? I can't. Not without a Russian oil tycoon coming in and spending hundreds of millions. And then it won't be Aston Villa any more.

Hit the nail on the head for me.

That's just not true.

The money spunking oil tycoon could just as easily be Arab, Venezuelan or Chinese.

Does it matter (within reason) where the owner is from , why he bought us and how he got his money ?

You say if we are bought by a Venezualan - it wouldn't be Villa anymore , why ?

Was Doug Ellis a Villa fan before he came, did he have a connection to Villa.

Was William McGregor a Villa fan, was he from Birmingham ? , did he have a connection to the club ?

Does it matter ?

Personally, randy - approve , but if some guy from Barhain said he wanted to buy us, would put the stadium up to 60k, reduce tickets to £5 and would put up £1 billion for player transfers.

I don't think I'd turn it down thanks

Â