Scientific Experiment V1#1 R.Lerner/ Board Approval Ratings

jackbauer24

Do you currently approve of Randy Lerner's ownership of AVFC?  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Do you currently approve of Randy Lerner's ownership of AVFC?

• Disapprove
    • Approve

for everyone saying randy hasn't been spending... who do you think is making up our financial shortfalls every year. if the downing and young momey isn't there it'll be coz it was used to pay wages in the past

I'm edging towards being on Randys side but I think.....I think, you are contradicting yourself there or Randy was just loaning us the money until we make some big sales I.e. Young and Downing

Dark days? If you want to see dark days (in footballing terms) look at the club over the road from us!

Give it 18 months - we maybe closer to that point than you think.

if youre selling £36m of talent - and only investing £13m - the only way is down.

Whilst I can see where you're coming from, it's what every club without a super rich owner will have to do. Most clubs in the PL are in the same boat as us and there are at least 10 teams that have it worse.

The only way isn't down, it's sustainability.

Dark days? If you want to see dark days (in footballing terms) look at the club over the road from us!

if youre selling £36m of talent - and only investing £13m - the only way is down.

Its not the transfer fee thats the problem, its the wages coming out of the club each week against the incomings...They are too high!

Bent for 24m is an asset to the club. If we sold him next week he would still fetch a minimum of 24m, so no money is lost. But the wages coming out each week are crippling the club.

Our wages are running higher than that of Spurs, yet they had a CL run last season. Whilst we struggled with a relegation dog fight.

I doubt Randy has no problems at all adding assets to the playing staff, as long as they are young and sign a lengthy contract. But the wage issue has not gone away and still needs addressing. We could allow Beye to leave on a free and buy a replacment for 15m...Its the wages that need to come down.

Whilst I can see where you're coming from, it's what every club without a super rich owner will have to do. Most clubs in the PL are in the same boat as us and there are at least 10 teams that have it worse.

The only way isn't down, it's sustainability.

I am not saying you are wrong - but who else in the PL is showing a £23m surplus on transfer fees ?.

and if you can't fund big buys - you can try and bridge the gap by recruiting the best manager possible - IMO we haven't done this,

or Randy was just loaning us the money until we make some big sales I.e. Young and Downing

No because we're still going to post a loss for this period - It just wont be the gut busting 30-40 million losses we have been posted recently.

Heres me thinking we were a Football club that wants to compete at the highest level it possibly can. Well give the manager the money to do something!!!

Reading the last few pages of this tread, i though i was logged into some dodgy accountant forum by mistake!

Splash the cash you tight bar steward :bang:

:lol:

And if we cannot spend the surplus from transfers we have now, how the hell are we going to be in a position to spend when the fair play rules come in to operation.

More importantly it could well make it more difficult to find a buyer if they cannot come in and throw money at team building to give us a platform to push on.

And if we cannot spend the surplus from transfers we have now, how the hell are we going to be in a position to spend when the fair play rules come in to operation.

More importantly it could well make it more difficult to find a buyer if they cannot come in and throw money at team building to give us a platform to push on.

To be fair, i think they realise this.

Thats why i have the belief that they are looking at ways of bringing in the extra capitol needed, either by selling up completely, or by selling some of his share.

According to a few people on Twitter he is due to release a statement imminently... not sure if this is true, but don't see why people would lie about this.

Because his PR puppet announced it in his thread earlier.

And who let the club get to this position....

Maybe this is the position it should be in right now. I can't see a magic solution that allows us to compete with clubs that make three or four times as much money as we do every year, or with the two that can put in a couple of hundred million every season - is it fair for us to ask Randy Lerner to spend his entire family fortune getting us to compete with these clubs in the short term?

Sorry to have to break it to you, but this is our position, we're the seventh or eighth biggest club in England and financially the gap between us and fourth is bigger than the gap between us and the Championship.

And who let the club get to this position....

Maybe this is the position it should be in right now. I can't see a magic solution that allows us to compete with clubs that make three or four times as much money as we do every year, or with the two that can put in a couple of hundred million every season - is it fair for us to ask Randy Lerner to spend his entire family fortune getting us to compete with these clubs in the short term?

Sorry to have to break it to you, but this is our position, we're the seventh or eighth biggest club in England and financially the gap between us and fourth is bigger than the gap between us and the Championship.

Exactly. And the gap gets wider with every preceeding season. Its a gap that will never be addressed with kids, and its a gap than can only be closed by spending money.

It speaks volumes of just how unsporting this spor has become.

I think Randy realises this, and i think hes actively looking to raise that investment.

Im also not sure how Randys cash is invested, but im sure the current economical troubles in the states is having a huge effect, and nobody knows how much he lost during his divorce settlement.

I can really see him selling up within the next twelve monthes.

Â