Scientific Experiment V1#1 R.Lerner/ Board Approval Ratings

jackbauer24

Do you currently approve of Randy Lerner's ownership of AVFC?  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Do you currently approve of Randy Lerner's ownership of AVFC?

• Disapprove
    • Approve

I think Randy still had enough good will in the bank to cash out, but if we don't sign another 3 players in thus window and we go into the season with a severely weekend squad that will evaporate very quickly.

I dont see why we dont get a stadium sponsor like Man City or Arsenal if I'm honest.

I know we wont get a deal anywhere near as much but something has to better than nothing. Alot of German teams do it

Chelsea have been looking for a ground sponsor for over a year and nothing.

Newcastle have been looking for a ground sponsor for 2 years now, and nothing.

Have we even had a look though?

I dont see why we dont get a stadium sponsor like Man City or Arsenal if I'm honest.

I know we wont get a deal anywhere near as much but something has to better than nothing. Alot of German teams do it

No we haven't, Randy has said he wouldn't change the name of the ground.

Can you imagine the uproar amongst fans if we were to change the name of Villa Park. We moan enough as it is, this site would be in total meltdown.

Can you imagine the uproar amongst fans if we were to change the name of Villa Park. We moan enough as it is, this site would be in total meltdown.

I certainly wouldn't moan if it meant we could sign an extra quality player! All revenue opportunities need to be exploited if we are to stand any chance of competing.

No doubt you're right about fan's reactions, but doesn't that mean that the same fans cannot then moan and carp at Randy for not spending the multi millions that a really good stadium renaming contract could bring in to Villa's coffers.

No doubt you're right about fan's reactions, but doesn't that mean that the same fans cannot then moan and carp at Randy for not spending the multi millions that a really good stadium renaming contract could bring in to Villa's coffers.

I don't think it would bring in enough to appease the fans anger.

Chelsea are reported to be looking for £5m a season, Newcastle are reported to be looking for £1-2mill a season.

I'd guess we'd get £2 a season max.

but yes, every bit of revenue counts.

I cannot believe how close this is. I may not be happy with the appointment of McLeish or the current transfer status quo, but Randy has created an infrastructure for success at Aston Villa.

Bodymoor Heath is state of the art and everything is in place for development, apart from the Manager and to some extent the squad!

Minor things though ;-)

I approve by the way!

about as popular as blind one legged midget with no teeth in a bikini would be at Spearmint Rhino

It was only the one night and I was a bit drunk, honest. Besides the lack of teeth has its benefits! :winkold:

:lol:

I approve overall, because we could still be stuck with Ellis. But I'm concerned. For every good thing he's done (Acorns, Bodymoor Heath, Holte Hotel, initial willingness to spend, etc.), there has been a corresponding bad thing (Letting O'Neill go hog wild with his money, allowing the situation to develop where MON left the way he did, hiring GH, PAYING to hire AM, and turning the board's image as media savvy, fan friendly, communicative and accessible on its head).

The owner must be accountable, and right now, Lerner is invisible. We deserve to hear what his plans are, what the financial status of the club is, and we need to hear it from him alone. Fans don't know what is going on, and it's frustrating. He needs to show a bit of leadership.

Â