Scientific Experiment V1#1 R.Lerner/ Board Approval Ratings

jackbauer24

Do you currently approve of Randy Lerner's ownership of AVFC?  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Do you currently approve of Randy Lerner's ownership of AVFC?

• Disapprove
    • Approve

Hate the 'be glad, we could have worse chairman' its an argument that never wins for me. We could also have a chairman who invests in a squad keeping players happy, who does not employ people who are PR disasters, who does not think premiership experience amounts to two relegations, who will not be re-investing all of the money from two creative (now shit players...) back into the squad and who thinks good PR is to spout the tattoo crap through Mr 'drop and give me 500' to make the fans go doe eyed.

The 'well we could be the SHA' bridgade!! Pathetic!! There's a reason I am not SHA and that's because both my parents are homoerectus and not a mix of animal and vegetable??

Hate the 'be glad, we could have worse chairman' its an argument that never wins for me. We could also have a chairman who invests in a squad keeping players happy, who does not employ people who are PR disasters, who does not think premiership experience amounts to two relegations, who will not be re-investing all of the money from two creative (now shit players...) back into the squad and who thinks good PR is to spout the tattoo crap through Mr 'drop and give me 500' to make the fans go doe eyed.

The 'well we could be the SHA' bridgade!! Pathetic!! There's a reason I am not SHA and that's because both my parents are homoerectus and not a mix of animal and vegetable??

Homo erectus (from the Latin ērĭgĕre, "to put up, set upright") is an extinct species of hominid that originated in Africa—and spread as far as India, China and Java—from the end of the Pliocene epoch to the later Pleistocene, about 1.8 to 1.3 million years ago

To make an age gag or an under-evolved gag? Decisions decisions... :P

I think that Lerner has been good for the club. His handling of the club in the last year hasn't been been great but a big part of the problem is that our PR is terrible. There is nothing positive coming out of the club, they talk about not wanting to do business in the media but that just doesn't work because people want to know whats happening and if they don't they'll just make stuff up or exaggerate small things.

I'm shocked that people don't approve with Randy overall.

Saved this club from being in division 2 (championship) when he took over.

Much better owner than so many other owners:

Hicks & Gillett,

Glazers,

Gold & Sullivan,

Venky's (Blackburn),

current Bham City owners,

Bill Kenwright,

Mike Ashley,

ex-Portsmouth owners,

ex-West Ham Icelandic owner,

ex-Leeds owner,

etc, etc....

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR.

the alternative could be so so much worse.

Certainly disaprove at the moment.

We look less likely to compete on the pitch as our squad looks weaker than the previous season that we did "remarkable/crap" in.

The PR at the club is shocking with no obvious leadership and no clear message to everyone as to what we are aiming for and how we are going to achieve that.

The managerial search was a disaster with two fingers stuck up to most Villa fans.

Approve at the moment, but that's based on a hell of a lot of good faith they've built up prior to the last two years. This coming season is going to be a real acid-test.

I voted disaprove, but that doesn't mean I want him out, just that I'm not happy with the way the club have been handling things recently - the last two managerial appointments, lack of honesty of transfers/ambition, general PR and communication issues.

I'm aware it could be a lot worse, that doesn't mean I have to aprove of it.

Not too sure at the moment. Leaning toward disapprove purely for the business that we have done so far coupled with what went on last season. However I think we'll do better than I expect next season for some reason.

Honestly I find anyone who doubts Randy quite sad. We should be grateful to have him even if we don't make any signings this summer. The more fans wish for some rich Sheik to take the reins the more I fall out of live with the game.

I completely agree and I don't like the idea of someone throwing billions of money at a football club and buying their success like "you-know-who" but it isn't that black and white for me I'm afraid.

I was fully behind Randy and the board but a lot has gone on this past year. I feel a little lied to and let down. I'm not saying I want them out, Randy has done a lot for our club, but too many recent decisions have left me baffled. I'm just not as certain anymore, we'll see how the season progresses.

I fully agree with the aboce comments. I think the board need to sit down and start singing from the same hymn sheet cause there are too many mixed messages. General Krulak says one thing, AM says another.

PR a Disaster......what PR.

The club create a vacuum by saying absolutely sod all and leave the media to fill the void with rubbish.

There has been an obvious shift in direction of the club and is simply not good enough to not at least by for want of a better word "honest" with the fans.

I would hope that if Randy still has a desire to make us successful he would be looking at other avenues to help achieve this.

I voted disaprove, but that doesn't mean I want him out, just that I'm not happy with the way the club have been handling things recently - the last two managerial appointments, lack of honesty of transfers/ambition, general PR and communication issues.

I'm aware it could be a lot worse, that doesn't mean I have to aprove of it.

I'm with you. I just want clarity on the way forward/what we are trying to achieve.

I also was deeply disappointed by the process behind the managerial appointment.

I've said disapprove - but want to point out this is not aimed at Lerner.

I can see what Lerner is doing, I understand it - I don't like it, of course I'd like him to blow Corinthians and Barca out the water and bid 100m for Fabregas and Tevez - but I know we can't !.

My disapproval is of paul Faulkner, who for the life of me, I cannot fathom what he is doing at the club, apart from ballsing up everything he touches.

So My approval of Lerner is 65%

My disapproval of Faulkner is 100%

So I've had to vote negatively

I seriously believe this could be RL's last year as owner and that he is positioning the club for a sale. For some unknown reason there are plenty of billionaires out there who want to waste their money on buying premiership clubs but I feel that RL has concluded that it is all too rich for him.

The next few weeks transfer activity and his attendances at VP next season will be very telling.

I wonder if a lot of the "dissaprove" fans are glory hunters who only become Villa fans when Randy

arrived, are now are prepared to jump ship?

I'm certainly not. I have been a ST holder for the past 15 years or so but have yet to renew this year - I want to not renew but I think I will miss it too much - because I am feeling unexcited about the upcoming season for the first time. This is not just about spending money for me. It is about:

- having a manager that doesn't really excite me - he is dour and uninspiring and this is reflected in his football.

- having a squad that looks unbalanced and tired. Maybe if I was paid £50k a week I would have the same excitement about the squad as Given appears to. We have too many players like Petrov, Beye, Dunne that are, IMO, well past there best but will still take starting slots and other players like Heskey, Ireland and Warnock that are only here for the wages. I would rather these 6 were gone and replaced by others but, if no budget, then by Hogg, Lichaj, Clark, the Fonz, Gardner and Lowry but know we probably can't because of contracts etc..

- I don't think our board have any feeling at all for the Villa faithful and are dismissive. They are not, IMO, footballing people and do not understand the affinity that a fan feels with his/her football club and the emotional attachment.

Â