Brad Guzan

R.Bear

2 hours ago, JamieZ said:

Given plays for Stoke.

Incredible with the money available in the PL that he is getting a game for them. Surely they could sign a more competent backup. His reflexes have gone a long time now.

On Guzan he needs a good sport psychologist or something to build backup his confidence as he has the attributes to be a decent to good keeper apart from the mental brittleness.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

God this pleases me. 

Why are you happy to see one of our former players struggling? He left easily, didn't cause a ruckus, and never badmouthed the club. I hope Guzan can get his career back on track. He was also a great servant to the club and gave back to the city.

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

Why are you happy to see one of our former players struggling? He left easily, didn't cause a ruckus, and never badmouthed the club. I hope Guzan can get his career back on track. He was also a great servant to the club and gave back to the city.

He is a big part of why we're in the championship. He was pissing about with Richards while we were losing to lower league opposition and reportedly told a villa fan to **** off. 

His failure amuses me, as it would for any of the rocket polishers from last season who aren't redeeming themselves this season with us. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He is a big part of why we're in the championship. He was pissing about with Richards while we were losing to lower league opposition and reportedly told a villa fan to **** off. 

His failure amuses me, as it would for any of the rocket polishers from last season who aren't redeeming themselves this season with us. 

We weren't losing to lower league opposition and it was Lescott (Richards was playing I think). For me this is another one of those blown out of proportion moments from last year. They were playing a silly game with chewing gum for about 20 seconds. If he told a Villa fan to **** off then he's a bit of a prat but that's all hearsay.

Guzan tried his hardest for us and gave us a good season and a half or so. He ultimately wasn't good enough and he's moved on so I bear no grudge against him.

On a side note, I don't really get the obsession with booing former players from some of our fans. I saw two fans having an argument/fight due to one booing and one applauding Darren Bent at the weekend. All seems a bit petty to me.

1 minute ago, tom_avfc said:

We weren't losing to lower league opposition and it was Lescott (Richards was playing I think). For me this is another one of those blown out of proportion moments from last year. They were playing a silly game with chewing gum for about 20 seconds. If he told a Villa fan to **** off then he's a bit of a prat but that's all hearsay.

Guzan tried his hardest for us and gave us a good season and a half or so. He ultimately wasn't good enough and he's moved on so I bear no grudge against him.

On a side note, I don't really get the obsession with booing former players from some of our fans. I saw two fans having an argument/fight due to one booing and one applauding Darren Bent at the weekend. All seems a bit petty to me.

I agree. Plus wasn't Guzan being harassed by a Villa "fan" when he was just minding his own business?

Guzan is gone. It's like obsessing over an ex and hoping she fails after she left you. It's really petty. 

• 3 months later...

He probably thought he'd be able to get the starting spot from Valdes. If he is just after money, then yea the Atlanta move is the best bet, but if we wants to refind any of the form that made him a decent premier league keeper, he should have dropped down a division or maybe gone to Scotland. 

• 1 month later...

So the Guzman is off to America in the summer, signed a pre contract with Atalanta United... Going to the Boro worked well for him! Shame really thought he was a top bloke and good keeper... Unravelled rather quickly last year that one!

48 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

So the Guzman is off to America in the summer, signed a pre contract with Atalanta United... Going to the Boro worked well for him! Shame really thought he was a top bloke and good keeper... Unravelled rather quickly last year that one!

Was good for a season but strangely was another one that went down the pan when he got a bumper contract. Never improved, never looked arsed. 

Â