Stephen Warnock

KSV

I think it's amazing that people think it's more likely their booing lifted the team rather than, I dunno, maybe a half time team talk?

It's like in Ghostbusters 2, when Louis Tully is using a proton pack on the pink slime on the Manhattan Museum of Art, it all disappears and he thinks he's the hero.

I said after the everton attempt I'd be keeping an eye in him because the everton "attempt" struck me at the time as looking deliberate too ! I'm not trolling, I'm genuinely concerned by this

Sorry but are you being serious? Were you at VP last night?

No I had a ticket but didn't use it

The fact I saw the incident on tv and watched the slo mos over and over have helped me draw my conclusion

Did the tv show his off the ball running in the second half to support N'Zog which took defenders away? Generally the cameras focus on the ball and don't always pick up what's happening elsewhere on the pitch.

As any good coach will say it's as much the work you do when you haven't got the ball as when you have the ball.

I can't honestly believe that Warnock deliberately scored an own goal last night. Whilst his performances have been indifferent this season I couldn't question his integrity.

You are entitled to your opinion but I think that comment is very unfair.

I was angry with his own goal, genuinly laughed out load at the 'cross' that nearly left the earth's atmosphere, and was happy to see he head hadn't completely gone the 2nd half, his perfomance then was OK. I've said to a few people at VP, I reckon something has gone on in his private life - girlfriend left him, ganny died, dog ran away - his drop in form has been sudden and shocking. Not making excuses for him, just wondering as to the reason why it's happened

The look on AMC's face when Warnock scored was of sheer disbelief. Normally you would expect a full-back to head it out for a corner but until we start defending those properly Warnock will try crazy shit like that. Hopefully today AMC will get the team together and get them to clear their lines when necessary. At the moment we either hoof it clear at all times (when Collins is in the team) or do daft things like last night.

I would actually like to see Clark but in the back 4 alongside Cuellar and Gardner pushed into midfield. At least then Warnock won't have a slow uncommunicative piss-head alongside him.

Anyone who's played the game will know he meant that

Another great piece of input from VT Interntational poster "CI". Dear me, imagine seeing the 4k odd other posts in full....

Warnock had a nightmare, last night and against Everton. To say he did it on purpose is ridiculous. Kind of thing a 12 year old would believe ..

On the incident, I believe Dunney is as much to blame. Warnock would have seen it late, and anyone 'who has played the game' will see that Warnock half expected Dunne to deal with it. Unless Warnock called?

Warnock showed great character to play an OK second half, especially with his own fans booing him.

We need competition for that position for sure.... and whilst it was the most entertaining game ive seen at VP this year, its still 2 points dropped at home to QPR.

If he DID do it on purpose (presumably because he hates the area, the club and the fans), then to do it so blatantly, at VP, takes some balls, I'll give him that.

I don't really think he did, BTW.

I don't think taking him off as soon as he scored the own goal would have been good management.

He's shit, and it was a shocking own goal.

But I was genuinely embarassed to hear the fans booing him after that. During the **** game he's getting booed! How can you expect anyone, let alone someone as shit and shot of confidence as Warnock, to perform if his own fans are booing him when he gets the ball?

Listen, people have the right to boo the team. I don't do it myself, but can understand why people do.

But directing your boos at a particular player whilst he's still trying to play? Quite frankly it's pathetic and I'm genuinely embarrassed.

I have to agree. In 47 years of going to Villa Park I have never heard an individual Villa player being booed by Villa ''supporters''. It was embarrassing, even more so when they played back the commentary on WM after the game. There is obviously a new breed of ''supporter'' coming to Villa Park and they pay there money, up to £38 a ticket, but they would be better served paying £25 and going to Small Heath and booing them.

In 47 years of going to Villa Park I have never heard an individual Villa player being booed by Villa ''supporters''

Whilst I don't want to stop you being outraged to the very core presumably you don't remember Alpay getting boored after his moment of madness and wanting more money. And then telling the Holte to shush when he scored.

Or Gareth Southgate getting booed when he asked to leave.

Or the Intertoto Cup game which was played at The Hawthornes becuase of VP redevelopment and half the team being booed because they had submitted transfer requests (including Julian Joachim who got it worst - so much so at one point he had a chance, missed it and everyone cheered because of it).

It happens in football, like it or not. If the team were playing well, or even looked like winning games - it probablly wouldn't. But this type of reaction towards players tends to happen when people are not happy with what is going on at the club - off the pitch (then with what Doug was up to which directly effected players wanting to stay or now with the assest stripping meaning its a bunch of rejects and youth not good enough yet) or on the pitch.

Unfortunately for the players, they are the only ones out there that people can take their frustrations out on - it's part of the game - whether you agree with it or not.

In 47 years of going to Villa Park I have never heard an individual Villa player being booed by Villa ''supporters''

Whilst I don't want to stop you being outraged to the very core presumably you don't remember Alpay getting boored after his moment of madness and wanting more money. And then telling the Holte to shush when he scored.

Or Gareth Southgate getting booed when he asked to leave.

Or the Intertoto Cup game which was played at The Hawthornes becuase of VP redevelopment and half the team being booed because they had submitted transfer requests (including Julian Joachim who got it worst - so much so at one point he had a chance, missed it and everyone cheered because of it).

It happens in football, like it or not. If the team were playing well, or even looked like winning games - it probablly wouldn't. But this type of reaction towards players tends to happen when people are not happy with what is going on at the club - off the pitch (then with what Doug was up to which directly effected players wanting to stay or now with the assest stripping meaning its a bunch of rejects and youth not good enough yet) or on the pitch.

Unfortunately for the players, they are the only ones out there that people can take their frustrations out on - it's part of the game - whether you agree with it or not.

Warnock was booed for a mistake he made on the pitch. There is a difference between that and your examples. And don't put words in my mouth, I said I was embarrassed not 'outraged to the very core'.

Â