Murdoch Scum

snowychap

There is a degree of satisfaction in seeing once all-powerful media predators being eaten by their own....

Reminds me of this TV reporter in Boston on Ch. 7 who was their attack dog, sent to houses to shove microphones into the faces of parents whose children have been found dead, etc...real dirtbag reporter with no scruples.

He quit his TV gig and opened a nightclub in Rhode Island.

Then this happened: click

He then became the prey.

I use that nightclub fire for training, the other ironic thing was that the guy who videoed it was filming a bit for a news station on nightclub safety, the clip is in YouTube and his employers had to pay millions of dollars as the police said he filmed when he could of been saving lives, sounds like Hillsbrough

I wonder how Mr Cameron is sleeping tonight, given the already precarious question of his judgement being brought into sharp focus by the apparently impending arrest of Coulson?

Can someone explain to me what it is about Brooks, that Murdoch thinks she is a talent worth saving?

Rather intriguing isn't it.....

The only conclusion I could comfortably come to in the circumstances is because she probably knows TOO much so Rupert or others (how many and from where I do wonder) thought it best to keep her sweet and under wraps!

Rupert generally doesn't fire people who have dirt on him. They tend to get promoted. Which makes me think that the NOTW staff who've just lost their jobs are actually innocent...

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but Wikileaks apparently have a massive file on Murdoch that they stated would be released if anything happened to Assange. Intriguing....

There is a degree of satisfaction in seeing once all-powerful media predators being eaten by their own....

Reminds me of this TV reporter in Boston on Ch. 7 who was their attack dog, sent to houses to shove microphones into the faces of parents whose children have been found dead, etc...real dirtbag reporter with no scruples.

He quit his TV gig and opened a nightclub in Rhode Island.

Then this happened: click

He then became the prey.

I use that nightclub fire for training, the other ironic thing was that the guy who videoed it was filming a bit for a news station on nightclub safety, the clip is in YouTube and his employers had to pay millions of dollars as the police said he filmed when he could have been saving lives, sounds like Hillsbrough

There were stories about doormen blocking escape routes because they were "Staff Only" areas....so many f*cked up things about that fire.

I don't feel sorry for the journalists getting the sack. They can easily claim £300,000 in benefits. You only have to check NOTW back issues to see this is true
R4 Today interviewed a host of sacked notw workers - not one of them would say anything bad about any of their superiors. They're all obviously very hopeful of a job on the sun-day.

Have the subbies on the Scum just walked out on strike?

Can't see the report now, but earlier saw reference to 30-35 people walking out for half an hour.

Less a strike, than a coffee break.

Leader in The Times today: "Popular journalism is crucial to a free society".

(Can't find an appropriate smiley to go with this!)

...of which the Guardian says

The last sentence was of particular interest, because it followed what I take to be News Int's propagandistic policy line:

"A handful of people have trampled upon others in grief and despair. They have shamed themselves, destroyed a newspaper and damaged trust in the free press. It will be a long time before that trust is regained."

This is a sad echo of the original "rogue reporter" defence. This time around it is aimed at blaming everything on departed staff and sealing off criticism of both Brooks and James Murdoch.

We ought not to be surprised but the public pronouncements of all groups involved are really unedifying. Each looking after their own grubby vested interests.

I've just seen some bloke from the association of editors (or some such group) defending the PCC and throwing all of the blame at the police and their inadequate inquiries. As Coleman might say, "Remarkable."

We ought not to be surprised but the public pronouncements of all groups involved are really unedifying. Each looking after their own grubby vested interests.

I've just seen some bloke from the association of editors (or some such group) defending the PCC and throwing all of the blame at the police and their inadequate inquiries. As Coleman might say, "Remarkable."

Like the banks saying "the regulators should have stopped us".

Hearing snippets from Cameron's press conference, some things don't appear to add up.

From the transcript in the Torygraph:

First, Andy Coulson, who worked for four years as my Communications Director.

He resigned from the News of the World because of the things that happened on his watch.

I decided to give him a second chance – and no one has ever raised serious concerns about how he did his job for me.

But the second chance didn’t work out and he had to resign all over again.

He said that he gave Coulson a second chance, that there were no complaints (or serious concerns) about how he did his job when Tory communications director but that the second chance didn't work out.

There appears to be a bit of a gap there. :?

There will be a lot of people out there with twitchy arses wondering and waiting from a knock on the door early in the morning, unless of course the Met tip them off first for a few quid.

There will be a lot of people out there with twitchy arses wondering and waiting from a knock on the door early in the morning, unless of course the Met tip them off first for a few quid.

Here's the first:

1.10pm: Clive Goodman is being held at a south London police station – but not the Lewisham station where Andy Coulson is being held, police have told the Guardian.

Goodman was arrested at 6.11am this morning at his home in Surrey.

A Met police spokeswoman said: "A 53-year-old man was arrested at a residential address in Surrey, where there is a search ongoing. He was arrested as part of Operation Elveden, under suspicion of corruption allegations which contravene Section 1 of the Prevention of Corruption Act 1906."

I suppose they want him to give names of police he paid for information. His prison term was for hacking rather than corruption. Could face a further term.

Â