Murdoch Scum

snowychap

you really think it's just pure coincidence ? maybe I just read too many conspiracy websites :-)

The timing would have been "better" to stop the Sky thing about 6 months ago, while Cable was in charge of it

I thought that was precisely why he was honey trapped into opening his rather self important gob and then removed when he did ?

The story did seem to be coincidentally released at an opportune time though.

Last week the Millie Dowler case was in all the papers following the court case, this week the hand grenade of her phone being hacked is lobbed by the Guardian. Then the revelation that 7/7 victims phones were involved comes out on the eve of the 7/7 anniversary. Meanwhile a decision is being made on the Sky takeover and rival newspaper editorials are lining up to suggest that Murdoch is not a fit and proper person etc.

Last week the Millie Dowler case was in all the papers following the court case, this week the hand grenade of her phone being hacked is lobbed by the Guardian. Then the revelation that 7/7 victims phones were involved comes out on the eve of the 7/7 anniversary. Meanwhile a decision is being made on the Sky takeover and rival newspaper editorials are lining up to suggest that Murdoch is not a fit and proper person etc.

These papers have been studiously ignoring the issue for years. The Guardian, and only the Guardian, has been pursuing it for several years, trying to get someone to take an interest.

The police, politicians, and the press have all chosen to ignore it until it finally became to big to ignore.

Does anyone think there will be any long term damage to Rupert or NOTW over this or will it be business as usual in a couple of months time and everyone has moved on to the next big story?

There needs to be at least two judicial inquiries - one of the influence newscorp have over the politicos and the second the influence newscorp have over the police. And they need to start now.

These will be derailed by 1)the red tories askign for some limp inquiry into press standards - something too wide and non-specific that will produce a report saying all newspapers are naughty sometimes and sweet fa will happen as a result; and 2) the blue tories not allowing any inquiry until the police investigation has completed. FFS the police are implicated - they should be nowhere near this process.

So unless labour actually show some balls, unless there is maintained pressure upon advertisers and unless the people actually express a preference for honesty in public life instead of the 'oh they're all bad so what's the point' attitude often displayed - then rupert will contiue to control the govt and the police and shamocracy continues unreined.

Personally I think labour will use the noise to damage call me dave, score some points that will be washed away by the sun's headlines at the next election.

The Guardian, and only the Guardian, has been pursuing it for several years, trying to get someone to take an interest.

indeed and suddenly someone did

wonder if Tom Baldwin is worried at the moment ?

that's two consipracy theories in a week you've put forward. Take two aspirin and get straight off to bed.

Meanwhile a decision is being made on the Sky takeover...

I would suggest that the decision was made about the takeover (by Rupert and related to Cameron by his friend Brooks) before Cable was taken off the case.

The comments being made by government in the last couple of days are an attempt not to have to reverse this decision.

Personally I think labour will use the noise to damage call me dave, score some points that will be washed away by the sun's headlines at the next election.

That will be the unfortunate outcome I believe but people have longer memories these days. David Cameron is a horrible corrupt little man, hopefully this has shown the Tory supporters what type of people they actually support.

I doubt it though but one can hope.

It's a bit of a shame that a paper such as the Sun has such power.

I would suggest that the decision was made about the takeover (by Rupert and related to Cameron by his friend Brooks) before Cable was taken off the case.

The comments being made by government in the last couple of days are an attempt not to have to reverse this decision.

Well apparently the share price of BSkyB has dropped by 45p in the last few days.

That means Murdoch looks like saving £600m on the cost of buying the company if the deal still goes through.

Well apparently the share price of BSkyB has dropped by 45p in the last few days.

That means Murdoch looks like saving £600m on the cost of buying the company if the deal still goes through.

Every cloud and all that...

Although I'm sure Newscorp's share price is also down significantly.

"Rosebud..."

:D Good comparison.

I appreciate that this isn't the most sensitive thing to say, but I do think it is a very honest assessment of how I feel about the whole situation, as I'm sure many others do if they reflect upon it:

I've always hated anything run by Murdoch and have thus always seeked to undermine News Corp's operations to the greatest effect as I could. i.e. convincing my Dad not to get Sky (it worked), not buying The Sun, Times or NOTW - not that I'd really want to - and basically doing as much as I can to spread the word, no matter how little impact it may have.. which is why I feel quite happy that these allegations have allowed a platform for the debilitation of News Corp and Murdoch.

Is it morally wrong that I care more about undermining News Corp than the actual implications of the accusations? I genuinely feel that if Sky doesn't become fully owned by Murdoch because of this phone-hacking - and this is not to say I do not care for the victims, because it would be inhuman not to - it's a price worth paying IMO.

David Cameron is a horrible corrupt little man, hopefully this has shown the Tory supporters what type of people they actually support.

:shock:

These events really aren't anything to do with Cameron who wasn't in office at the time ... (nor are they anything to do with the previous government for that matter ) , and it was quite shameful to see Milliband using Milly Dowler to try and score points yesterday

(though if it comes to light NoTW were hacking David Kellys phone then someone will be in a shit load of trouble )

Out of interest do you have details of Camerons involvement in the hacking or some corruption he is involved in ,like i don't know maybe selling peerages for donations or failing to register agreements to accept regular donations from trades unions etc etc ?

David Cameron is a horrible corrupt little man, hopefully this has shown the Tory supporters what type of people they actually support.

These events really aren't anything to do with Cameron who wasn't in office at the time ... (nor are they anything to do with the previous government for that matter ) , and it was quite shameful to see Milliband using Milly Dowler to try and score points yesterday

(though if it comes to light NoTW were hacking David Kellys phone then someone will be in a shit load of trouble )

Out of interest do you have details of Camerons involvement in the hacking or some corruption he is involved in ,like i don't know maybe selling peerages for donations or failing to register agreements to accept regular donations from trades unions etc etc ?

Cameron's responsibility is spelt out quite well in the Oborne piece I quoted on p11.

It's interesting that Cameron's adviser was fully briefed by the Guardian editor about things that Coulson was involved with which couldn't yet be put in the public domain, and appointed him anyway. As he admitted yesterday, he must accept full responsibility for the staff he appoints. A tory MP was on Newsnight last night, saying that Cameron had asked Coulson about these events before appointing him, and had accepted his assurances at face value. I'm afraid that just won't wash.

You can judge a man on the company he keeps, and Mr Cameron certainly keeps some interesting company.

indeed , though politicians often keep company with evil so again hardly a stick to beat someone with

oank9v.jpg

2ms1nh5.jpg

Cameron's responsibility is spelt out quite well in the Oborne piece I quoted on p11.

It's interesting that Cameron's adviser was fully briefed by the Guardian editor about things that Coulson was involved with which couldn't yet be put in the public domain, and appointed him anyway. As he admitted yesterday, he must accept full responsibility for the staff he appoints. A tory MP was on Newsnight last night, saying that Cameron had asked Coulson about these events before appointing him, and had accepted his assurances at face value. I'm afraid that just won't wash.

Coulson could well be the key , but there are still a lot of pointers to suggest that he wasn't involved (just as there are pointers to say that he was) .... a lot rests on finding the smoking gun on Coulson i guess

Â