Murdoch Scum

snowychap

A high proportion of the shite thrown at rupert will stick to dave. Thus it is in the interst of dave's supporters to stop that shite, question the timing of the allegations etc, demean the importance of the issue. A bit like the MPs saying how expenses fiddles were unimportant and that the furore was damaging democracy.

so again hardly a stick to beat someone with

Of course it is.

You don't defend someone by pointing out that someone else may be dodgy, too.

who was defending anyone , i was merely pointing out that people with designs on power can't always chose the company they keep ...

A high proportion of the shite thrown at rupert will stick to dave.

why ? because he is the latest in a long line of politicians to get into bed with news Int ..

X-factor starts again at some point soon , give it a few weeks and the majority of the public will be more interested in some talentless boy / girl than they will be in any phone hacking scandal ...

X-factor starts again at some point soon , give it a few weeks and the majority of the public will be more interested in some talentless boy / girl than they will be in any phone hacking scandal ...

:( Depressing true. They'll also be buying the NOTW and similar shit the peddles that rubbish on it's front pages. Modern society really is depressing.

who was defending anyone , i was merely pointing out that people with designs on power can't always chose the company they keep ...

You said 'hardly a stick to beat someone with'. It was a defence of him keeping dodgy company by pointing out that others keep dodgy company, too.

You seem to miss the point that it's not about having business meetings with people, it's about being their social intimates - dinner parties, entertaining Brooks at Christmas, high-fiving the Murdoch daughter's husband. These are entirely personal choices, not business or political requirements of the holder of the office of prime minister.

This social intimacy should preclude him from taking any decision which will affect the business interests of the Murdoch clan and News International. He is not neutral and cannot pretend to be. If Cable was judged to be inappropriate to make decisions on Murdoch, Cameron is ten times more inappropriate.

Appointing Coulson was just one more thing, but it is entirely in keeping with Cameron's attitude to the whole stinking nest of them. Again, a choice, not a requirement.

You seem to miss the point that it's not about having business meetings with people, it's about being their social intimates - dinner parties, entertaining Brooks at Christmas, high-fiving the Murdoch daughter's husband. These are entirely personal choices, not business or political requirements of the holder of the office of prime minister.

This social intimacy should preclude him from taking any decision which will affect the business interests of the Murdoch clan and News International. He is not neutral and cannot pretend to be. If Cable was judged to be inappropriate to make decisions on Murdoch, Cameron is ten times more inappropriate.

Appointing Coulson was just one more thing, but it is entirely in keeping with Cameron's attitude to the whole stinking nest of them. Again, a choice, not a requirement.

This.

BBC are reporting that Reuters are carrying the story that this weekend's edition of NOTW will be the final one.

Yeah, just seen that. No doubt they'll simply replace it soon with a Sunday edition of The Sun or something, same shit different name.

Do the Murdochs really think this will get News International, Brooks and others off the hook?
]

I wouldn't think Brooks will get off the hook, and probably various others as well. However, I think it will minimise the damage to the brand. There will be a lot of people out there (especially those who these papers are aimed at) that simply won't link the various different news international brands and once the NOTW is gone they'll feel that no more can be done.

Its a start, thats how I view it.

People have tried to do this before and its never really worked, but this is a victory for people power. The people who acted this time will not forget it. Lets hope we as a population don't rest on our laurels and continue on with this.

Its still a bit of a coup though, a paper goes from highest selling Sunday Paper to zilch, nada, zip, non-existant in one week

Â