What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Wasn't "Let it Be" their final one? I don't know,was just going by what order they appear on Spotify. 

I like Abbey Road, especially "Octopus's Garden", cracking little tune. 

Let It Be was the last one issued, but (I think apart from I Me Mine) it was recorded before Abbey Road. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Have you done the whole catalogue, chronologically? 

Not exhaustively. More picking and choosing albums.

What I am finding is, I generally prefer their later stuff and have a preference for songs with McCartney on vocals. 

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

Wasn't "Let it Be" their final one? I don't know,was just going by what order they appear on Spotify. 

I like Abbey Road, especially "Octopus's Garden", cracking little tune. 

Noel would sometimes break out   Octopus's garden in shows.

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Like Xela, I thought let it be was the last one. 

Let It Be was bits plucked from the shambolic sessions for the 'cinema verité' studio movie of the same name. It was their attempt to emulate the Dylan & The Band 'Basement Tapes' approach - unrehearsed jam sessions, etc. (including the 'rooftop concert'). It was deemed a failure (it got shown on TV, but remains unreleased on video), and they decided to go back into the studio and do a 'proper', produced, album - Abbey Road. They put it to bed, and went their separate ways. 

But EMI wanted to squeeze out a bit more money, so they gave the Let It Be tapes to Phil Spector, and asked him to salvage an album out of them. That came out after the band had split. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Like Xela, I thought let it be was the last one. 

Let It Be was bits plucked from the shambolic sessions for the 'cinema verité' studio movie of the same name. It was their attempt to emulate the Dylan & The Band 'Basement Tapes' approach - unrehearsed jam sessions, etc. (including the 'rooftop concert'). It was deemed a failure (it got shown on TV, but remains unreleased on video), and they decided to go back into the studio and do a 'proper', produced, album - Abbey Road. They put it to bed, and went their separate ways. 

But EMI wanted to squeeze out a bit more money, so they gave the Let It Be tapes to Phil Spector, and asked him to salvage an album out of them. That came out after the band had split. 

EDIT: I file Abbey Road last, for the above reason. 

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

That's why Let It Be is not very good then.

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

That's why Let It Be is not very good then.

Yep. There is 'Let It Be - Naked', which was remixed years later, with the Spector overdubs stripped out. Still not that great by their standards (but better than many bands' best). 

My top three Beatles albums

1. Rubber Soul

2. Abbey Road

3. Revolver

I also think the Help! album is very undervalued. Would probably have that along with maybe the magical mystery tour to complete my top five.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Black Sabbath, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. Probably the bands masterpiece but not quite as good as 'Let It Be' by The Beatles ;)

I know what I'd rather listen to. 

12 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

My top three Beatles albums

1. Rubber Soul

2. Abbey Road

3. Revolver

I also think the Help! album is very undervalued. Would probably have that along with maybe the magical mystery tour to complete my top five.

• Like 3

Â