What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Royal-Blood-How-Did-We-Get-So-Dark.jpg

its pretty good to be fair to them, taken ages to do, glad where are you now made it on there, it was part of the vinyl tv series soundtrack but didnt actually make the vinyl, too good a song to disappear, their glastonbury set was brilliant, they can make a lot of noise for 2 blokes, they havent got a stadium in them yet IMO but they can comfortably headline a festival 2nd stage

for me because they were both up and coming at the same time, hyped half to death and you could see their success coming from a mile away i always compare them to catfish, for me they're better

• Like 1

going back to kendrick lamar, i "saw" him at reading a couple of years back, just looked up the setlist

Money Trees

Backseat Freestyle

m.A.A.d city

The Art of Peer Pressure

Swimming Pools (Drank)

****' Problems

Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe

Poetic Justice

Hail Mary

m.A.A.d city

Sing About Me, I'm Dying of Thirst

i

Alright

King Kunta

that is pretty incredible, i say "saw" because what actually happened was during the day i was giving it billy big bollocks to some youngsters and long story short necked about 300ml of vodka in one hit, i was pretty much stood up asleep during kendrick, jamie t and the maccabees :( 

• Like 1

do you mean royal blood?

i think from memory they do have some house band to the side of them but yeah it does seem suspicious just how much they can produce and why they play it off as a duo

as for the genius that is ed sheeran and his looper pedal nothing at all ever is a recorded track, the most genius thing for me was the way the pedal played the backing singer...

Yeah, Royal Blood, Death From Above, White Stripes, etc. Even bands like The Doors that didn't have a bass player. 

Just seems wrong, like a football team without a goalie, or something. 

31 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i was pretty much stood up asleep during kendrick, jamie t and the maccabees :( 

That's a lottery win right there!

• Like 1

i can understand it in the studio, they probably can do the whole album as a pair with various recording techniques that arent even anything special anymore (after i watched the sgt pepper thing on BBC the other week im not sure what would be "special" anymore)

but live...dont pretend...saw foals last year, you had the main 4 from the band, they then had 3 more blokes playing instruments to the side of them, they might be session players but you can see them

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

That's a lottery win right there!

booooooo

if it helps i woke up just before the libertines came on ;) 

i also watched lethal bizzle rather than metallica the night before! (although i found him shit so left, stumbled round for a bit and ended up in a tent watching ghost which was incredible, we werent ready...)

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

booooooo

if it helps i woke up just before the libertines came on ;) 

i also watched lethal bizzle rather than metallica the night before! (although i found him shit so left, stumbled round for a bit and ended up in a tent watching ghost which was incredible, we werent ready...)

No, Libertines are poo, but Ghost are awesome ;)

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard's Murder of the Universe.

album 2/5 for 2017 and heavier but more bonkers than ever! 

Split into three parts, it flows well at a cracking pace with some truly gonzoid moments.

already looking forward to album 3 for this year! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Xann said:

:)

Any regular readers want to take a wild stab at whose set up this actually is?

The Goon Show?

Â