What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

The Dylan marathon continues. Into the dreaded 80s. But still plenty of diamonds in the rough, even in Empire Burlesque and Knocked Out Loaded. Some good live bootleg stuff, too. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

The Dylan marathon continues. Into the dreaded 80s. But still plenty of diamonds in the rough, even in Empire Burlesque and Knocked Out Loaded. Some good live bootleg stuff, too. 

What's Dylan with the dead like?

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

Do it, Ruge.

And if you do, then pay close attention to the lyrics. Therein lies the genius of Nigel B.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

What's Dylan with the dead like?

Haven't got to it yet! And it's one of the few Dylan albums I've never actually heard, so I await with interest. However, it must be said that it has a very bad reputation among Dylan fans. If you dig around on the web, you can find hours worth of tour rehearsals, which are supposed to be better than the live album. 

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Haven't got to it yet! And it's one of the few Dylan albums I've never actually heard, so I await with interest. However, it must be said that it has a very bad reputation among Dylan fans. If you dig around on the web, you can find hours worth of tour rehearsals, which are supposed to be better than the live album. 

I have heard it's terrible tbf.

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

And if you do, then pay close attention to the lyrics. Therein lies the genius of Nigel B.

Poetry

If you’re going to quote from the Book of Revelation
Don’t keep calling it the Book of Revelations
There’s no “s”, it’s the Book of Revelation
As revealed to St John the Divine
See also Mary Hopkin
She must despair

• Like 3

I'm all about the dead at the moment. Kids are in the paddling pool, radio outside, cold beer. Anyway...

Grateful Dead, Live Dead. 

Endless jamming suits me just fine. Not sure if I prefer their trippy side or American beauty/workingmans dead etc 

Not my usual kind of album to listen to, but some of my friends formed a band a few years back and have had some relative success and have just released their second album. So I thought I had better give it a go. If you like heavy, crushing music then give it a listen, if not then probably best to steer clear :D.

The band are called Krysthla and the album Peace in our Time.

Edited by NeilS

Appreciating it more and more. I always preferred  Whats the Story... but this seems timeless, while WTSMG has suffered from being overplayed

0000783397.jpg

• Like 1

Â