What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

6 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Currently ploughing through the Pavement discography. 

What a cracking band and Lucky to have seen them live on a few occasions.

Terror Twilight is one of my go to albums. 

Brighten the Corners is my favourite, but you're right they've a hell of a band. One of my top 10 favourites I'd say.

• Like 1

Jaaaaysus! That Temptations album.

When the weakest track on side A is 'heard it through the grapevine' you're on a winner.

I even think I found a Primal Scream sample in there (as in PS sampled it, not the other way...you know what I mean). It's the 'love the life you live, live the life you love' thing which appears to be accepted as a 1970's Bob Marley quote, but this album is '69. Probably on craft cushions these days. Anyway, it's on Screamadelica, so I'm off on a proper tangent now.  

But back to Temptations, Cloud Nine. Now I know I quite like a bit of a rough cut chopped up out of focus Jamaican dub, recorded on rubbish equipment by people in a smoke haze. But bloody hell the production values on a 1969 Gordy / Motown album. Every instrument absolutely pin sharp and separable in your head. I've literally been playing side 1 over and over listening to drums, then bass, then vocals, then organ...

Anyway, good album.

But I'm streamin' a bit of Screamadelica now.

ea703ecd.jpg

• Like 1

fleetwood-mac-fleetwood-mac-12-lp-1st-pr

Just play-tested this, it's for my step-daughters birthday. I already have a copy (US press) but I got her a really nice UK press for £6.50, bargain.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

fleetwood-mac-fleetwood-mac-12-lp-1st-pr

Just play-tested this, it's for my step-daughters birthday. I already have a copy (US press) but I got her a really nice UK press for £6.50, bargain.

She has good taste. 

Was looking at original press albums by may blitz the other day, £400 :o

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That's shit. Girls aloud are heavier than them clearings in the woods.

d2781769b2b5decf9561f254ade48301.jpg

Paul-Stanley.png

I can listen to most stuff. But the entire genre leaves me pretty much cold. 

Grown men dressed up in leather and bandanas singing about elf wizards and sex pentagrams. My personal ridiculous prejudice, but I lump heavy metal fans in with adults that take Batman films seriously or still buy comics, or have an NFL team they support, or use facebook or have walked through a park looking for a pokemon. On one level, it makes no difference to me and everybody is free to enjoy whatever art they like and I really get on with everyone and I do see my own ridiculous life. But then, on another level, I will judge you quite harshly.

Iced Honey by Lou Reed and Metallica is quite good. 

32 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Paul-Stanley.png

Grown men dressed up in leather and bandanas singing about elf wizards and sex pentagrams. My personal ridiculous prejudice, but I lump heavy metal fans in with adults that take Batman films seriously or still buy comics, or have an NFL team they support, or use facebook or have walked through a park looking for a pokemon. On one level, it makes no difference to me and everybody is free to enjoy whatever art they like and I really get on with everyone and I do see my own ridiculous life. But then, on another level, I will judge you quite harshly.

I'm pretty much with you on all of that except the Facebook bit. Very useful.

5 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Paul-Stanley.png

Early Alice cooper was good. I'm not a massive kiss fan but sabbath sing about the world.

On 04/04/2017 at 17:01, chrisp65 said:

but I lump heavy metal fans in with adults that take Batman films seriously or still buy comics, or have an NFL team they support, or use facebook or have walked through a park looking for a pokemon.

Haha, you just covered about 90% of this forum.

• Like 3

Â