What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

yep, and there's a second issue too, so as lovely as 4 double albums would look on the shelf, that's a bit too pricey

lovely CD though, I could be converted to 10 minutes sessions of noodling at this rate

• Like 1

Got quite a lot of German stuff, if you get into it?

The Faust 'Tapes' and 'Faust IV' are two of my absolute favourite albums of all time.

They're just amazingly bonkers, densely chaotic, silly and beautiful - Sometimes all of that squeezed into a couple of seconds, or drawn out into 10 mins plus epics.

With Bicks mentioning he'd like the vinyl - Reckon Faust are a band that would have had to compromise some of their mixes, to avoid running into problems cutting the vinyl master.

Edited by Xann
  • Like 3

Hmmm interesting, I've only had time to listen to disc 1 so far (saying that, I've listened to it 3 times, I'm trying not to just rush through it and tick it off). But Neu! and Faust are currently my two stand out groups that I'll do some digging around. Disc 2 this evening, unless I get way laid by some dub I also bought!

I do suspect, that given the date of the tracks, they were considering how long a side of vinyl was when going off into a trance like state. One of those trance with an eye on the clock type moments I get at around 4:00pm on a weekday.

I totally get why people don't like Dylan's voice, but I disagree, I love the way he sings. Same with Neil Young and Tom Waits, who also have a negative effect on some people.

• Like 3

I do like some Dylan stuff but generally his voice is a fingernail and blackboard voice, it becomes unlistenable in a better of a few songs

Neil Young rarely makes a bad album

Tom Waits, depends on my mood, sometimes I love it, sometimes its the same as Dylan, can't listen to more than a couple of tracks

I had a tour of the BBC* on Saturday. They said that you need to take raw information and check against two credible sources before accepting it.

Well, I'm just going to accept that Xann has spoken stone cold fact there. That doesn't strike me as needing second source checking.

* Had my picture taken on Alex Jones

's little green sofa / couch

• Like 2

The second Neu album is a bit of an oddity. They'd only recorded a fraction of the intended final product when they were informed that the record company had run out of money.

Neu were understandably a bit miffed at this, as they would only receive a fee on handing over the finished article.

So, deviously, they took the tracks they did have and mangled them up to make a whole albums worth of material.

There's lots of fast, slow and backward on there.

Challenging is a good word to describe the whole.

I had a tour of the BBC* on Saturday. They said that you need to take raw information and check against two credible sources before accepting it.

Well, I'm just going to accept that Xann has spoken stone cold fact there. That doesn't strike me as needing second source checking.

* Had my picture taken on Alex Jones

's little green sofa / couch

Bastard. She's mine. MINE, d'you hear? [emoji35]

• Like 1

I totally get why people don't like Dylan's voice, but I disagree, I love the way he sings. Same with Neil Young and Tom Waits, who also have a negative effect on some people.

dylan's voice does not do it for me but neil young's voice i love. if im honest im not that keen on vocalist who are considered proper singers, take osbourne for instance although not so much these days but in the 70s and 80s i absolutely love his voice and tone but as we all know hes not what you call a singer.

Â