What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

The Soulsavers album Designer recommended a few pages back is one of the best albums I've ever listened to it. Its a proper album. Needs to be listened to from start to finish. Atmospheric genius complemented perfectly by Mark Lanegans voice. Not sure who the female singer who covers a Mark Lanegan song on it but she has a beautiful voice.

Took me quite a while for it to click, but it's a masterpiece. Can't believe it's not more well known.

Thanks Designer. :thumb:

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

The Soulsavers album Designer recommended a few pages back is one of the best albums I've ever listened to it. Its a proper album. Needs to be listened to from start to finish. Atmospheric genius complemented perfectly by Mark Lanegans voice. Not sure who the female singer who covers a Mark Lanegan song on it but she has a beautiful voice.

Took me quite a while for it to click, but it's a masterpiece. Can't believe it's not more well known.

Thanks Designer. :thumb:

Glad you liked it  :)

I'd recommend the album they did with Dave Gahan on vocal duty too, it's another belter.

In 1939 Elvis walked in to a recording studio, paid over 45 cents and recorded his own song, cut to vinyl as a present for his mum. Mrs Elvis didn't have a record player, so it wasn't until after the american civil war that Marconi invented one for her. On playing the record, it was discovered Elvis was a star, albeit without the legitimacy of a weekend tv show telephone vote.

Now you too can be Elvish. Or at least put some of your fave MP3's on vinyl for that authentic crackly clicky sound.

Vinylify

• Like 1

Bones72.jpg

True Detective brought me here...

It's the kind of darker Country music that i've always had a liking for. There's a track on there called The Bottomless Hole that is sublime.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 2

I thought I had seen the handsome family, at the water rats in london, but a search seems that it was beatnik filmstars, not similar at all. Unsure where I got that I had seen them from.

You like a bit of Country don't you Seat?  ;)

Any recommendations for similar sounding stuff to the Handsome Family? I don't have a very extensive knowledge of the genre but I love some of the darker stuff.

Any recommendations for similar sounding stuff to the Handsome Family? I don't have a very extensive knowledge of the genre but I love some of the darker stuff.

If anything their side of it isnt really what I listen to, you listen to Lambchop? Pernice Brothers (the world wont end, in particular), http://thehoneyants.co.uk/they are a UK band, seem pretty good. I am a little lost when it comes to americana type country music, I hear people talking about father john misty. Woefully ignorant about that stuff.

Edited, as its playing now, its not what I expected, and its more like american music club to my ears, I recommend Mercury by them. Try also Cale Tysons Introducing.

Edited again, thats some beautiful stuff that handsome family.

Edited by Seat68

If anything their side of it isnt really what I listen to, you listen to Lambchop? Pernice Brothers (the world wont end, in particular), http://thehoneyants.co.uk/they are a UK band, seem pretty good. I am a little lost when it comes to americana type country music, I hear people talking about father john misty. Woefully ignorant about that stuff.

Father John Misty is fantastic but I wouldn't put him any near the alt/dark Country genre, he does a lovely line in cynically lyrical Indie-Folk.

Worth checking out.

Â