• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or do other wish they could just fire the vacancy so we can try to move on?

We will have to.

Round and round in circles on here lads...

Put me out of my misery.

Feeling more sick as the days go on, starting to feel just...well empty.

I actually cannot mentally deal with the thought of paying compo to get that clearing in the woods in. Why are we paying money for shit when there's much better out there for, comparitively speaking, free?

Factually Mick McCarthy is a better Premiership manager than McLeish

how do you work that one out?

More Premier league experience .

Has managed to stay up two season in a row on lesser resources than McLeish.

Whats his best position?

How many relegations has he endured?

people can talk shit about hibs or rangers or scotland and say he did a good job there, great, that is scotland where mighty managers such as gordon strachan, billy mcneil, terry butcher and other managerial heavy weights win titles each year.

You conveniently left sir Alex Ferguson off that list.

Good mates with McLeish apparently. Not that that matters like.

Stories that Fergie recommended him, which he would coming from Barrhead a suberb of Govan. (slight exaggeration).

I wouldnt be surprised either. Everybody ive heard within the game speak about him has had nothing but praise.

When he went blues from the Scotland job i remember all the talk of being way too big for that job, but he went there for a challenge and he won them promotion and a trophy. Fair play to him. Now hes come 'over to the dark side' in a sense, to a much bigger and better club, for an even bigger challenge without giving a toss about the possible animosity. Fair play to him for that aswell.

Of course he is..Because he has some idea on reading the game and working out the oppossition. He can find loopholes and how to take advantage..But this is like many Premierleague managers...Houllier was class at reading the oppossition too. MON was good at it.. The Premiership is a hard league and not just about the players, its also like a game of chess and you need a tactical brain too.

McLeish is out of his depth...Nowhere near in the same league as McCarthy. Its the reason he got relegated because he has no/little tactical nowledge. And McCarthy stayed up!

Whats his best position?

How many relegations has he endured?

At least Mick's team actually try to play football.

I wouldn't be so sure. He's been relegated a couple of times with different clubs and probably spent as much as AM (Doyle, Zubar, Hunt & Fletcher at least £18million between them)

I am not sure I still have the love for football I once had as I am really not that bothered about this appointment.

At the end of the day it is a load of overpaid idiots kicking a bit of leather around and is not the end of the world.

**** it at least we have a manager in and can prepare for the new season, never know he might do alright and we can give the noses a ribbing.

Mick McCarthy has always had much less resources - plus he got Wolves up in the first place.

McLeish inherited a Steve Bruce Premiership side and took them down.

Mick McCarthy is a better Premier league manager than McLeish as things stand

he then got them back up and got them to 9th. like I say, whats mcarthys highest position?

He then won them a cup (i know thats not prem) and whats mcarthy ever won?

B) Randy for me is now just another foreign owner who is in this for the money. I honestly believed he was different, but he isn't. I will NEVER trust him again. I will never sing "Randy give us a wave" or similar. He is the owner, I will be chuffed if he puts his hand in his pocket for another Bent, but to be honest, now, as long as someone richer came in, I wouldn't be bothered if he went (and I thought the complete opposite a month ago.

:(

Take it from someone who has watched the NFL and the Cleveland Browns, new and old, nigh on 20 years.

Lerner is not in sports for the money. He just thinks he can run sports teams, but he can't. What you see as greed is really incompetence.

If he had any sense, none of this would have happened.

wow were comparing him to McCarthy. Even if hes better than McCarthy....... is that really an achievement? Geez this club has sunk so low in the last twelve months.

Whilst I don't want him he is highly regarded in the game and not just by fellow Scots. Also he really doesn't deserve the personal abuse he's received. He's acknowledged within the game as one of the few genuinely decent people in the game and as a man I think he will be a good ambassador for the club. In my book thats a positive and I'm sure it was a plus for Randy.

FWIW I don't think they would have been relegated were it not for the cup run, it was as if their season ended there. When their own fans started to say things like 'we could get relegated but its still been the best season in years' its inevitable the players relaxed.

I'll give him a chance but I would expect to see a different approach to the game than he utilised with sha.

Thank you Woodytom for your kind welcome - made me feel very at home that did. :(

How can my post be full of contradictions - tell me where.

It is how I feel. I hate the idea of this happening, hate it, I would love to say "up yours, I'm quitting this" - but the reality is - if I did, the only person it would hurt is me. Randy Lerner doesn't give a toss if I give up going, my ST money is about 1 seconds worth of TV money.

So I will continue to go, but will NEVER support him or his manager. I will cheer for the team, I will sing "super marc" I will sing ... (well I was going to put another player in, but apart from Albrighton, I can't see many wanting to stay now).

I will NEVER sing for Randy, I will NEVER sing for McLeish - I will not back this decision.

How is that a contradiction. The only contradiction I feel in my heart, I didn't even write down. There is part of me that wants McLeish to fail miserably, so we can all stick two finger up to them, but again, then my head says - who does that hurt - ME.

I can remember feeling low many many times as a Villa fan. Crying as the final whistly blew at Wembley in 2000 , shocked to the core when we went down only a few years after Rotterdam - but I NEVER felt this bad as a Villa fan.