• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Always take Fergies recommendations for other sides with a pinch of salt.

He obviously will have good words to say about McLeish given he played in his Aberdeen side etc

But Fergie ....this is the guy who sold us Djemba Djemba

He also sold us God ;)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paying compensation for Mcleish is the vomit coating on the shit filled eclaire that is mcleishs appointment.

I honestly thinly the most rational explanation for this is that Randy has an evil twin that has locked the real Randy up whilst he destroys the club

There are some drama queens around this week.

Here's Fergies take on it all from the Independent:

SAF has zero personal interest in Aston Villa succeeding (the other way if anything). He probably has some interest in helping a friend out of a bad situation with SHA, though. I don't think it's that difficult to see his primary motive in this (to help Eck and not Villa), even if you give him the benefit of the doubt, believing that he would never purposefully recommend poor choices to other teams. Surely that would be a consideration for anyone with a political bone in their body, however.

Hopefully the board didn't place more weight upon this advice than it merited. However, I seem to remember the General mentioning SAF's support in his defense of McLeish, so...

Always take Fergies recommendations for other sides with a pinch of salt.

He obviously will have good words to say about McLeish given he played in his Aberdeen side etc

But Fergie ....this is the guy who sold us Djemba Djemba

He also sold us God ;)

Hah

Very True but Fergie wanted rid and was to our benefit.

Fergie always talks so much machiavellian type shite when it comes to other sides it should always be taken with pinch of salt.

The fact that General Krulak was bigging up McLeish managerial credientials on basis of few Fergies praises few days back was bit alarming and embarrasing.

I genuinely think we have idiots on our board. As this shambolic managerial search has pretty much proven.

Hoping we can get copies of the PR scripts released. Would be nice to see what the club have prepared and what former managers and players they have on board to spread the good feeling to fool those who think its all good.

I think Mortimer will be one, an ex player or member of staff from Rangers, Bannan could be one, Agbonlahor another.

Oh and Randy has a Villa tattoo SO ALL IS **** OK.

It's radio silence at VP as MM posted... Facebook post on protest page - rumour staff have had to sign non disclosure contracts

not to name the manager... admittedly that was a FB rumour

I think definitely an FB rumour.

I doubt whether Mr Lerner has been near Villa Park all week, and I think if any managerial candidates had been , we would have known via the media.

1. No Radio silence or blackout was words used by MM on H & V.... FB post merely said similar. Why would Randy need to be at VP to order such a tightlip policy... he's the CEO!

2. Lerner didn't meet AM at VP did he.?. no he met him in London..or so we're told by the media.

3. Randy has a jet he can meet people anywhere he wants even overseas.

4. There's bin so much going on I knw I've read it somewhere but apparently RL is buying a house in Corsica.. that's y his jet his there alot. He went to stay with GH's brother for a few days and loved it so is sorting out a house there to stay somex. Think u might track his jet going there a fair bit from now on...

Hoping we can get copies of the PR scripts released. Would be nice to see what the club have prepared and what former managers and players they have on board to spread the good feeling to fool those who think its all good.

I think Mortimer will be one, an ex player or member of staff from Rangers, Bannan could be one, Agbonlahor another.

I really don't care how they try and gloss over it, this is a shit appointment. As my dad says "you can't polish a turd!"

I really don't care how they try and gloss over it, this is a shit appointment. As my dad says "you can't polish a turd!"

My point is, they are so predictable and will be rolling out the players, ex players and so on. Oh and Randy has a tattoo etc, the usual.

Mr Lerner's function is to meet the candidate, assess whether they are a suitable match, presumably offer and discuss the basic outline of a contract, discuss potential transfer targets, and he's out.

Paul Faulkner and the lawyers would then take over and work out the finer details.

So nothing strange about him going home and there being no immediate announcement.

I had no idea RL had left for US until I saw the Don's post. I've been out of the picture today mostly working,

Regardless of where RL is.. the whole thing doesn't stack up the more I think about it.

Maybe being a woman we don't think the same as men... but I'm trying to be completely logical, not emotive

and think this whole matter through along with trying my best to find out what the hell is going on.

I just have a strong hunch that's all but I might be completely wrong. So hands up if I am.

My point is, they are so predictable and will be rolling out the players, ex players and so on. Oh and Randy has a tattoo etc, the usual.

Sickening isn't it. I really hope this falls through at the 11Th hour.

Sickening isn't it. I really hope this falls through at the 11Th hour.

Definitely. No chance of it falling through though.

I said it earlier and i'll say it again, people saying this isn't over yet have to be speaking out of hope more than anything. I know when I wake up tomorrow morning it'll be over and AM will be plastered all over the OS, Sky Sports, BBC, etc.

I know it's just a hunch you have Julie but move on lol, not having a go at you or anything, it just plants that 1% worth of doubt/hope in my head it could happen like that. And a man needs to sleep at some point :lol: