• Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Its a steady appointment - we will be fine. Fingers crossed for a good cup run

I think it's anything but steady.

It could prove to be a masterstroke, but more likely be a disaster.

Half decent manager, Decent team - Steady Top half finish for me.

I cant see the potential masterstroke as much as i cant see the disaster

I just don't class someone who has relegated a team twice in three years as steady. Let alone the massive potential to fail as a lot will be against him from the start.

Has to hit the ground running fast and win the fans over which means we'll be getting results. He has to do this or things will turn ridiculously quickly.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing he knows is how to defend with XI men behind the ball. He has no knowledge on how to break teams down with technical play...Absolute NOTHING like Houllier.. We couldnt have hire anyone more different.

Blues won games with long balls and goal scrambles. They never knew how to break through teams..

WOW im so gutted atm its unreal..

To go from a team that could undo Liverpool and Arsenal at te end of last season with good passing and movement to a team with a manager that aint got a clue..

sad times..

people do realise that we have better players than SHA dont they?

Did he get to the last 16 of CL just thru scrambled goals?

Wheres the proven track record of him being a steady appointment? Ridiculous. This is a big risk!

The only thing he knows is how to defend with XI men behind the ball. He has no knowledge on how to break teams down with technical play...Absolute NOTHING like Houllier.. We couldnt have hire anyone more different.

Blues won games with long balls and goal scrambles. They never knew how to break through teams..

To go from a team that could undo Liverpool and Arsenal at te end of last season with good passing and movement to a team with a manager that aint got a clue..

sad times..

The players play the tactics and game plan the manager lays down..

He had Hleb, Bentley, Gardner, Bowyer, Larsson in the midfeild..Which is a pretty decent mix of young'old and experienced. They arnt all born out of long ball. They can play football under the right manager.

His tactical knowledge as a mangager is very poor at Premiership level..

oh well, wasn't behind the appointment but he'll get a fair chance from me. Just focussing on the fact that he was working under a bunch of muppets at the sty and, considering they're a small club, did well with them.

Also think Randy must have some money for signings lined up to bring around some better feeling. Lets go Foster, Dann (that'd piss them off), Nzogbia and Adam.

I hope for a decent away game in his first fixture where we nick a win. The away fans know how to support the team and this would be a good platform for his 1st home game.

Wheres the proven track record of him being a steady appointment? Ridiculous. This is a big risk!

the combination of mcliesh and Aston villa will be steady imo. Hes had success at the better teams he has managed. We will be his best!!

That team that undid Arsenal and Liverpool had gary mac at the helm.

half decent manager? **** dont tease me, we are getting a shit manager

lets not kid ourselves or wander into the world of make believe

his english premier league record is shit, it is consistantly shit in fact he has got the most constantly shit record in the premier league, THAT is just how shit he is.

people can talk shit about hibs or rangers or scotland and say he did a good job there, great, that is scotland where mighty managers such as gordon strachan, billy mcneil, terry butcher and other managerial heavy weights win titles each year.

and what did he do in his last season for rangers? have a good old guess?

yes he led them to 3rd in the scottish league, their worst performance in 20 years in the league

oh and in his time at rangers he outscored celtic 1 time, by 1 goal, so they outscored them once in his time.

yippppppeeeeee

sad times..

He had Hleb, Bentley, Gardner, Bowyer, Larsson in the midfeild..Which is a pretty decent mix of young'old and experienced. They arnt all born out of long ball. They can play football under the right manager.

not one of those players would get into the villa line up last year when at full strength

people can talk shit about hibs or rangers or scotland and say he did a good job there, great, that is scotland where mighty managers such as gordon strachan, billy mcneil, terry butcher and other managerial heavy weights win titles each year.

You conveniently left sir Alex Ferguson off that list.

Good mates with McLeish apparently. Not that that matters like.

Am i the only one who is not extremley dissapointed with is appointment..the man got balls of steele and iam looking forward to see what he can achieve with the quality players he got at villa.

I can see him shipping out dunne and collins and bringing in Dann to make him partner cuellar..

He will take no shit from anyone and i trust that randy knows what he is doing..UTV!

If he gets rid of those two and carries on the squad overhaul that Gerard started then he will have my respect - that would definitely make me feel better about this. I am just concerned that he will see them as his type of defenders, they are suited to defending deep and making last ditch challenges.

his english premier league record is shit, it is consistantly shit in fact he has got the most constantly shit record in the premier league, THAT is just how shit he is.

people can talk shit about hibs or rangers or scotland and say he did a good job there, great, that is scotland where mighty managers such as gordon strachan, billy mcneil, terry butcher and other managerial heavy weights win titles each year.and what did he do in his last season for rangers? have a good old guess?

yes he led them to 3rd in the scottish league, their worst performance in 20 years in the league

yippppppeeeeee

You forgot Martin O'Neill and Alex Ferguson

and what did he do in his last season for rangers? have a good old guess?

yippppppeeeeee

because you discount his achievements in scotland (which match MON btw) - surely you discount his failures in scotland as well? No?

He's getting nothing from me. I can just see it now Seb Larsen and David Bentley on the wings to replace Young and Downing!

Will someone just **** shoot me now.

I support Villa, not Mcleish. The board aren't stupid, they know we'll just except his appointment and....WE'RE PAYING HIS WAGES!!!(£3m a yr apparently)

You conveniently left sir Alex Ferguson off that list.

Good mates with McLeish apparently. Not that that matters like.

Stories that Fergie recommended him, which he would coming from Barrhead a suberb of Govan. (slight exaggeration).

sad times..

not one of those players would get into the villa line up last year when at full strength

Not sure where but sure i read somewhere today that Hleb said something like he hated it there all he did was watch the ball go flying over his head

1st time poster here.

ST holder for, can't remember, mid 80's anyway. Passionate fan who has needed to join this site to air my views.

I am utterly utterly dismayed with what has gone on over the past few weeks, and, lets face it, the past 18 months - where has it all gone wrong.

I cannot accept the fact of McLeish taking over. I have read many posts on here saying "it is not about being a bluenose" - well, I will admit, it is 50% for me - it's 50% being a bluenose, and 50% being a crap bluenose.

In 137 yrs how many players, never mind managers have crossed the divide. I have heard, and believed Randy and General saying they understood - but they don't do they, it's just words.

Now, for the first time I was going to give up mine, and my son and daughters ST's - but I thought about it, who is it hurting, McLeish - I don't think he will care, Randy - well it may hurt his pocket, but I doubt my 900 quid will count against the 90 million TV money he pockets.

So I came to the decision, I will renew out of love for the club and out of love for my kids (as they would have been mortified to not go) but

a) No matter if we are top of the league, in the CL final and FA Cup final , I will NEVER chant for Alec McLeish - NEVER. I support the team, not the manager, if he brings my team success, I will celebrate with my team - not him.

B) Randy for me is now just another foreign owner who is in this for the money. I honestly believed he was different, but he isn't. I will NEVER trust him again. I will never sing "Randy give us a wave" or similar. He is the owner, I will be chuffed if he puts his hand in his pocket for another Bent, but to be honest, now, as long as someone richer came in, I wouldn't be bothered if he went (and I thought the complete opposite a month ago.

c) I will NEVER buy merchandise from the club again. I will for my kids, coz my view shouldn't impact on them. But not me, I even started today, was going to buy two pair of shorts for my holidays. Instead I went into Sport soccer and bought some there.

Sorry for long post, needed to say how I feel. Which is, absolutey gutted. :(

1st time poster here.

ST holder for, can't remember, mid 80's anyway. Passionate fan who has needed to join this site to air my views.

I am utterly utterly dismayed with what has gone on over the past few weeks, and, lets face it, the past 18 months - where has it all gone wrong.

I cannot accept the fact of McLeish taking over. I have read many posts on here saying "it is not about being a bluenose" - well, I will admit, it is 50% for me - it's 50% being a bluenose, and 50% being a crap bluenose.

In 137 yrs how many players, never mind managers have crossed the divide. I have heard, and believed Randy and General saying they understood - but they don't do they, it's just words.

Now, for the first time I was going to give up mine, and my son and daughters ST's - but I thought about it, who is it hurting, McLeish - I don't think he will care, Randy - well it may hurt his pocket, but I doubt my 900 quid will count against the 90 million TV money he pockets.

So I came to the decision, I will renew out of love for the club and out of love for my kids (as they would have been mortified to not go) but

a) No matter if we are top of the league, in the CL final and FA Cup final , I will NEVER chant for Alec McLeish - NEVER. I support the team, not the manager, if he brings my team success, I will celebrate with my team - not him.

B) Randy for me is now just another foreign owner who is in this for the money. I honestly believed he was different, but he isn't. I will NEVER trust him again. I will never sing "Randy give us a wave" or similar. He is the owner, I will be chuffed if he puts his hand in his pocket for another Bent, but to be honest, now, as long as someone richer came in, I wouldn't be bothered if he went (and I thought the complete opposite a month ago.

c) I will NEVER buy merchandise from the club again. I will for my kids, coz my view shouldn't impact on them. But not me, I even started today, was going to buy two pair of shorts for my holidays. Instead I went into Sport soccer and bought some there.

Sorry for long post, needed to say how I feel. Which is, absolutey gutted. :(

Aahhhh - a post full of contradictions.

You will be at home here