• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

I think we will comfortably finish in the top half maybe 7th. It wont get any better than that and it certainly wont be exciting, but with a few decent signings - Foster, Nzogbia, maybe dann - keep hold of downing. Get Gabby firing again. Maybe have a new player in Ireland if he wants it bad enough. Delph, Gardner, Bannan and Marc could all play big parts 2. Bent will always get goals (again if we keep hold of him).

Its a steady appointment - we will be fine. Fingers crossed for a good cup run

I wish i could share your opptimism . I really do. :cry:

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am i the only one who is not extremley dissapointed with is appointment..the man got balls of steele and iam looking forward to see what he can achieve with the quality players he got at villa.

I can see him shipping out dunne and collins and bringing in Dann to make him partner cuellar..

He will take no shit from anyone and i trust that randy knows what he is doing..UTV!

I think we will comfortably finish in the top half maybe 7th. It wont get any better than that and it certainly wont be exciting, but with a few decent signings - Foster, Nzogbia, maybe dann - keep hold of downing. Get Gabby firing again. Maybe have a new player in Ireland if he wants it bad enough. Delph, Gardner, Bannan and Marc could all play big parts 2. Bent will always get goals (again if we keep hold of him).

I wish i could share your opptimism . I really do. :cry:

Really though? our team is far superior to birmingham - you cant seriously be considering the worse, esp if its not a soap opera like last year.

Just had a WhatsApp message from a mate who works as an odds compiler for one of the big high street bookies - he reckons that McLeish will start as favourite when they open the market for the Premier League 'Sack Race' i.e. first manager to be relieved of their position in the new season.

not suprising really.

i mean imagine the atmosphere we lose first few games?

Ooof

Tho a 3 year contract (jez...**** hell) and paying 2 million compo for him means he'll be here wahtever happens for the long haul

I think it's anything but steady.

It could prove to be a masterstroke, but more likely be a disaster.

Apparently I'm not allowed to ask a genuine question asking for quotes on the manager search, so at a last gasp I'll put it in here and watch the relevant replies get lost in the maelstrom.

Thanks Mods, thanks for understanding.

I think it's anything but steady.

It could prove to be a masterstroke, but more likely be a disaster.

Half decent manager, Decent team - Steady Top half finish for me.

I cant see the potential masterstroke as much as i cant see the disaster

The only thing he knows is how to defend with XI men behind the ball. He has no knowledge on how to break teams down with technical play...Absolute NOTHING like Houllier.. We couldnt have hire anyone more different.

Blues won games with long balls and goal scrambles. They never knew how to break through teams..

WOW im so gutted atm its unreal..

To go from a team that could undo Liverpool and Arsenal at te end of last season with good passing and movement to a team with a manager that aint got a clue..

sad times..