• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

It seems to me that MM is hinting that a)he is a 'big' name that wont disappoint and b)he's a dark horse that isn't one of the 3 or 4 we're all talking about. The only person I can think of would be Scolari, is that too mental a thought?

Kevin Keegan :D

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KHV are you a recruitment consultant?

Why should the next manager have won honours at the highest level already? Why does he need to already have experience of managing a big club? If he has these things on his cv why is he available and why would he come to Villa?

The answer is because nobody else wants him as he is a has been or never quite was being!

If we are ever to compete at the highest level we need to take a chance on a manager whose star is still ascending. We need to get somebody in who is under the Champions League clubs' radars at the moment.

I've posted on here supporting Coyle, Moyes and Lambert, but the lads who are mentioning Martinez are also making a good call.

I'm telling you, though, if its Benitez there will be CIVIL WAR!!

He is available because he got the sack from Bayern Munich for coming 3rd in the bundesliga.

In his time there he won the league, the erman cup and got them to a CL final.

Why would he come to Villa?? Well the only thing he has never done is mange in the Premier League so maybe he would give it a shot

He has never been a failure anywhere and after Barcelona he went to manage AZ Alkmaar who he took to league champions and a cha,pions league spot. He could have had a bigger job but fancied the challenege.

He also works well with young academy players, look at the Ajax team he won the champions league with and the side he biult at Alkmaar.

If you want to compete with the best you need to appoint the best, seems like everybody here is happy with top 8 and a decent cup run!!!

Lerner said he had big plans for Villa when he took over and van Gaal is the right choice.

Why you mentioned Benitez I dont know, I havent mentioned hinm once?

I am convinced that the shock is ‘Ranieri’ and I would be pleased with that. Fits the criteria in that he has Premier League experience, is out of a job and has been reasonably successful without actually winning much.

Just been to Ladbrookes and William Hills both of whom didn’t have him on their markets but when a call was made from both bookies I was only offerred 16-1 and 25-1 respectively. I took 50-1 on Paddypower and hope that my hunch is right! Thoughts on Ranieri?

My family are aquainted with Ranieri, I think (hope) someone would have told me if it was imminent.

davvero? che centra catanzaro con ranieri? lui e romano, no? c'hai famiglia a roma?

It seems to me that MM is hinting that a)he is a 'big' name that wont disappoint and b)he's a dark horse that isn't one of the 3 or 4 we're all talking about. The only person I can think of would be Scolari, is that too mental a thought?

Personally I think the only hint in his last post is "I dont have a **** clue, like everybody else" no disrespect to him.

Why should the next manager have won honours at the highest level already? Why does he need to already have experience of managing a big club? If he has these things on his cv why is he available and why would he come to Villa?

The answer is because nobody else wants him as he is a has been or never quite was being!

If we are ever to compete at the highest level we need to take a chance on a manager whose star is still ascending. We need to get somebody in who is under the Champions League clubs' radars at the moment.

I've posted on here supporting Coyle, Moyes and Lambert, but the lads who are mentioning Martinez are also making a good call.

THANK YOU!!

BIG NAME DOES NOT EQUAL INSTANT SUCCESS!!!!

No, but the more capable a manager is the better the chance of success. Otherwise the big clubs would be hiring up and coming managers that havent proved themselves yet rather than the established managers they do tend to hire. Who then tend to be successful.

I dont think this is the right time to go for an unknown quantity or a middle of the road, average manager. We should go for the person of the highest calibre that is feasibly available and if Ancelotti wont come then in my opinion, and also in his achievemnets so far, it's van Gaal.

Why should Aston Villa settle for anything but the best we can get?

One of the top 20 clubs in Europe with a Billionaire owner.

THANK YOU!!

BIG NAME DOES NOT EQUAL INSTANT SUCCESS!!!!

who said instant success???

I said van Gaal neds to be given 3-5 years to transform the club top to bottom which he would do

Please tell me where van Gaal has not had success

Owen Coyle's achievements in 8 years of football management

Honours

Burnley

* 2008–09: The Championship Playoff Winner (promotion to the Premier League) – Burnley

* The Championship Manager of the Month - September 2008

Bolton Wanderers

* Premier League Manager of the Month - November 2010

WOW

I think that says it all really NO THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Considering hes only been in management since 2008 id say thats a decent record.

I mean, if were looking for a sucessful continental then why not take Juande Ramos?? I mean, he took Seville from bottom half of La Liga and made them into champs league regulars and title challengers. Also won silverware with them. i think we should give him the chance to manage in the PL.

Oh wait...

He has been in management since 2003!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Falkirk and St Johnstone

Sorry, i hadnt been on Wikipedia to check 8)

So hes a shit manager because he didnt win the SPL with either Falkirk or St Johnstone?

Alrighty then!

I don't understand what all the discussion is about. Mark Hughes would not have left Fulham if he did not have a job to go to. This "we have not spoken to him" and "it's just a coincidence" it simply a smoke screen so we don't get into trouble for breaching his contract. Once his 30 days are up he will be appointed and I am sure that as we speak he is thinking about where he is going to spend the Ashely Young money

Big advantage with Coyle is that, as he has on a number of occasions with Bolton, he can still turn out for the reserves if need be so not only are we getting a new manager we're getting a replacement for Salifou.

Brummiebloke, if appointing a manager who has already won things meant that we would automatically win things it would be easy. We couldn't lose could we? Trouble is past success doesn't mean future success.

I'm sick to the back teeth of the same old people getting the same old jobs. Nowadays, the managers who we refer to as "the greats of the past" would never get a gig.

If we appoint somebody who has learnt their trade at a lower level/ the same level as we are now, they will have a point to prove. They will be ambitious. There is also a chance that they will treat this club with respect (and eventually come to love it) and not treat it as a little post-Liverpool, retirement fund top up, like the Monsieur did.

Owen Coyle's achievements in 8 years of football management

Honours

Burnley

* 2008–09: The Championship Playoff Winner (promotion to the Premier League) – Burnley

* The Championship Manager of the Month - September 2008

Bolton Wanderers

* Premier League Manager of the Month - November 2010

WOW

I think that says it all really NO THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Considering hes only been in management since 2008 id say thats a decent record.

I mean, if were looking for a sucessful continental then why not take Juande Ramos?? I mean, he took Seville from bottom half of La Liga and made them into champs league regulars and title challengers. Also won silverware with them. i think we should give him the chance to manage in the PL.

Oh wait...

He has been in management since 2003!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Falkirk and St Johnstone

Sorry, i hadnt been on Wikipedia to check 8)

So hes a shit manager because he didnt win the SPL with either Falkirk or St Johnstone?

Alrighty then!

LOL

I never said he was shit. I dont want him because I think we should be aiming higher. Randy had a 5 year plan, MON cocked it up so time for a new 3-5 year plan with a top coach who can restructure the club from Youth level to 1st Team.

I dont think he fits the bill, we have a massive chance for change right now but a Coyle appointment is a bit like John Gregaory all over again, will be good for a couple of seasons then go South as it always does.

Why cant we do something big bold and exciting.

I belive we are a big club capable of big things

Van Gaal would be a brilliant appointment.

But seriously can anyone really see him coming to the Villa?

I am sure Randy and the board will sound out the likes of him and Ancelotti but I don’t think they will bother telling the fans and the media that they were told to pi$$ off!!