• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand what all the discussion is about. Mark Hughes would not have left Fulham if he did not have a job to go to. This "we have not spoken to him" and "it's just a coincidence" it simply a smoke screen so we don't get into trouble for breaching his contract. Once his 30 days are up he will be appointed and I am sure that as we speak he is thinking about where he is going to spend the Ashely Young money

I agree with this. I dont think Mysteryman has a clue about this one if it is even the same mysteryman anyway.

MH will be appointed 1st July

Villa_Insider (remember him/her) has just popped up on twitter...

David Moyes. Claudio Ranieri. Not necessarily in that order

Ranieri currently at 50/1 is never going to happen, is it?

Van Gaal would be a brilliant appointment.

But seriously can anyone really see him coming to the Villa?

I am sure Randy and the board will sound out the likes of him and Ancelotti but I don’t think they will bother telling the fans and the media that they were told to pi$$ off!!

Did you see him going to AZ Alkmaar after managing Ajax, Holland and Barcelona.

Why wouldnt he fancy a crack at the premier league? He has done everything else in world football

I wouldn't mind Hughes and Benetiz and etc. Would love Ancelotti but part of me wants to risk it with a younger manager like Martinez. Wenger came from a Japanese team, Ferguson from Aberdeen and Moyes from Preston. Just think it could work out, but at the same time Paul Ince at Blackburn springs to mind! Just a thought that even if we appoint an unknown it doesn't mean he won't be a success over time!

I don't understand what all the discussion is about. Mark Hughes would not have left Fulham if he did not have a job to go to. This "we have not spoken to him" and "it's just a coincidence" it simply a smoke screen so we don't get into trouble for breaching his contract. Once his 30 days are up he will be appointed and I am sure that as we speak he is thinking about where he is going to spend the Ashely Young money

I agree with this. I dont think Mysteryman has a clue about this one if it is even the same mysteryman anyway.

MH will be appointed 1st July

Hughes will not be VILLA manager.

Villa_Insider (remember him/her) has just tweeted:

I thought that individual left Villa....

Yes he/she did, not sure whether still has any links at the club... if indeed they ever had any or were even there in the first place?

£50 going on The Tinkerman then.

Ciao Claudio.

:D

Where?

Dunno yet. Still gathering odds.

Although if Paddy is offering 50s - I may take that.

Can see it mate.

They only accept up to 13 £ though.

From PremRumours, again on twitter: VILLA RUMOURS: Club released McLaren rumours as a smokescreen. Lerner has met with Hughes, Owen Coyle and Rafa Benitez over last few days.

Basically they haven't got a clue either then. I think sites and newspapers are just drawing names out of a hat as usual.

Villa_Insider (remember him/her) has just popped up on twitter...

If we appoint Claudio Ranieri then I will give up all hope...

Owen Coyle's achievements in 8 years of football management

Honours

Burnley

* 2008–09: The Championship Playoff Winner (promotion to the Premier League) – Burnley

* The Championship Manager of the Month - September 2008

Bolton Wanderers

* Premier League Manager of the Month - November 2010

WOW

I think that says it all really NO THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me what Hughes has done? Tell me what Moyes has done?

Crazy post!

What they've done is prove they can deliver results in the Premier League consistently over a longer period than the first twenty-odd games of a given season. Only if Coyle has done this would the above look like a crazy post - as things stand, his list of accomplishments is very slight and in no way should he yet be considered a candidate with equal credentials to the likes of Hughes or Moyes.

Come of it!

Hughes - Won **** all

Moyes - Won **** all

Coyle - Won **** all

All have showed they can survive in the Prem, there is no difference between the 3.

No, what Coyle has done is shown he can survive in the Premier League - for one season so far. What Moyes and Hughes have done is work successfully (in relative terms) at this level for a number of years, taken teams into Europe, and in Moyes' case, make the top four.

In black and white terms, they may have all won the same amount of trophies. But for anyone that actually wants to think about their respective track records and evaluate what they can bring to Villa, it's not as cut and dry.

Coyle would be as underwhelming as McLaren, maybe more so. The only reason he looks like a better option to some is he because he doesn't bring McLaren's baggage.