• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

My choices are in order:

1. frank rijkaard

2. Rafa

3. Carlo just cause I think he won't come

mate no offence but its no wonder your so unhappy with the state of our club at the moment if these are your expectations of the board when it comes to getting a new manager

lower them for your own sanity

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Randy didn't choose Mclaren because of a fans backlash - then I don't see him going for Mcleish.

I reckon Owen Coyle might be our main target now - assuming MM is right about Hughes being a non starter

Some of the top foreign coaches mentioned on here is pointless, they will not come to a non CL side, McLeish is very unlikely.

Realistcally we are left with Moyes,Hughes & Maybe Coyle.

After Martinez, i doubt very much we will move for Coyle. To similar, and with our problems, it has to be somebody whom the squad will look up to, and hit the ground running....

I dont think we will make an appointment that does not meet the mass approval of the clubs fan base. Randy will not want to make the same error as we did with Houllier....

This is a big club, so too is the expectations and the pressure.....

Its Hughes, has to be.

Aston Villa have created more England internationals than any other club. Randy has already shown he is willing to make huge investments on and off the pitch for Villa. We have signed one of the best strikers in the world only 5 months ago. Our player of the season is back in the England squad and showing signs of having yet another massive season next year.

Current first-team squad members Albrighton, Delfouneso, Hogg, Barry Bannan, Clarke, Herd and Lichaj have all come through the Academy and reserve set-up at Villa Park under the guidance of Villa legends Tony McAndrew, Kevin MacDonald and Gordon Cowans. These are just a handful of the current team members - do you want a list of others?

We have facilities that other clubs can only dream of - built by the Chairman that loves this club. Randy must be an absolute delight to work for. We have a Director posting on this very forum, because they care about us, the fans.

After all this, you honestly think no managers want to join our Great Club are unable to find a single positive thing to write about? Believe me, we are turning down far more managers wanting the priviliedge to manage us than the other way round.

You can continue to spout out the nonsense that comes from your fingertips, but it is nonsense and anyone with half a brain can see that. And you can't get business degrees with half a brain.

Well said

My choices are in order:

1. frank rijkaard

2. Rafa

mate no offence but its no wonder your so unhappy with the state of our club at the moment if these are your expectations of the board when it comes to getting a new manager

Why people tell me how great our club is and now people say lower ur expectations lol we are great we should aim for great things Frank rijkaard could do that at our club

Im not sure I follow 100% POB!

Moyes is yet to prove he is capable of taking us where we want to be!!

I dont want consistent top 8 finishes!! I want trophies!! Now of course, I have to be realistic and acknowledge the chances of us dominating silverware are slim - But that doesnt mean I have to want a manager who is only a proven top 8 manager!

Now of course, Martinez would not guarantee trophies either and would prove a bigger risk than Moyes. But, theres an uncertainty with Martinez of just how much potential he really has - He could be a real gem!! He might not be. We kinda know with Moyes what were going to get and I suppose its whether you want the safe option, or the risky unknown 1.

I would also argue your point regarding Wigan dropping down since Martinez came in. They lost a lot of there best players and havent actually finished (pointswise) much lower than before. The leagues improved for me - Its a lot closer between 7th or so - 20th imo and I think Everton have also suffered from this as they appear to be heading baclwards too.

We dont agree on a lot POB, but you always argue your point well!

Our debate is in the background to the real one and the articulate astonvilla10 ;)

I get what you're saying, basically, we might as well go with the unknown because potentially Martinez could be something great but so could Moyes. Don't forget, Moyes has achieved top 7/8 finish regularly BUT without proper backing, the reason Everton seem to struggle is because of their small squad and their lack of depth and quality. With more money to spend at Villa, I believe if he can finish 7th/8th with very little money, then with a fair sum of money, I.e. £20-25 million net in a summer for 2/3 years (which I think is realistic) then he could push us on. At worst with Moyes, we know we are going to finish 7th/8th IMO but just because he hasn't finished higher up in last couple years, doesn't mean that with extra funding he can't go and do that. It's easy to forget his net spend, I doubt exceeds £20-30 million in his 8 years at Everton, maybe even lower than that. So make that £60 million net spend over 3 years at Villa and I like to think that he could achieve something here ....

Yeh I am...... We will see end of august we would give rafa 30 million even after youngs transfer would be more than half that shows what we have available so no I am going by what I hear n I will wait n see august 30

I have absolutely no idea what you are going on about. It is however, probably somehow slating one of the best clubs and boards in the world.

Wind-up bluenoses aren't welcome here. Go crawl back under your rock.

I don't think he's a bluenose mate, just genuinely thick. Which in that case, 'could' make him a bluenose.

The plot thickens...

Or just maybe somebody very young? :winkold:

Yeh young I am but you guys are **** old farts who believe your own shit go out get laid live your life

My kids call me an old fart too! :lol:

Hey, no worries.....as long as youve been brought up Claret and Blue, your views are welcome :winkold:

My choices are in order:

1. frank rijkaard

2. Rafa

Why people tell me how great our club is and now people say lower ur expectations lol we are great we should aim for great things Frank rijkaard could do that at our club

Now you all will say his crap not good enough or he wont come

We can have anyone we are willing to pay for money talks so randy pay up bring great things back to our club moyes be like mon nothing special we need to move forward

Is there any way to bet on people that won't become manager? I want to put some money on McCleish not becoming manager being that he is favourite to do so.

Betfair. that was why the refrence to laying mcleish was made earlier

Whoever thinks Bruce and Mctwat wouuld ever get a sniff of managing our football club needs their head read. I might become and independent bookie as this market seems to be a piece of piss to make money on.

Hopefully, some idiots put some serious money on it, Hughes drops back to something like 8-1, and then i put 50 sods him 8)

My choices are in order:

1. frank rijkaard

2. Rafa

unfortunately these champions league winning managers don't own a pair of claret and blue tinted spectacles

Yeh I am...... We will see end of august we would give rafa 30 million even after youngs transfer would be more than half that shows what we have available so no I am going by what I hear n I will wait n see august 30

I have absolutely no idea what you are going on about. It is however, probably somehow slating one of the best clubs and boards in the world.

Wind-up bluenoses aren't welcome here. Go crawl back under your rock.

I don't think he's a bluenose mate, just genuinely thick. Which in that case, 'could' make him a bluenose.

The plot thickens...

Or just maybe somebody very young? :winkold:

Yeh young I am but you guys are **** old farts who believe your own shit go out get laid live your life

My kids call me an old fart too! :lol:

Hey, no worries.....as long as youve been brought up Claret and Blue, your views are welcome :winkold:

Thanks I am claret n blue through n through