• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

plus look at the facts. apart from martinez every manager that the press reported on villa deined. and the only time they released a statement is because whelan opened his fat gob. there are agreements that lerner sets up that the parties cannot speak to the press or the deal is off. this makes sense because we only knew about houlier and bent when the deal was more or less done.

villa didnt mind whelan speaking up because martinez said no last week and whelan just took the advantage of a big pr stunt and it worked !! but as the deal was a non goer since last week he had nothing to loose.

the only correct information will come from ITK's and so far the reliable ITKs have said it isnt hughes, benitez, martiniez said no. and moyes is coming.

watch this space

Any news on this meeting at 13:00 or was that more Twitter lies?

What meeting?

Re; the above, it's Twitter bollocks. Twitter is a mobile way of adding posts on VT or H&V. None of it is true, it's just speculation and opinion. Believe it at your peril/frustration/disappointment. Load of old tosh. If you throw enough out there, something eventually will stick.

Old fist face has done a decent job anywhere he's managed. Pity he has a reputation for not hanging around. I bet he'd love to do a job for Villa.

McLeish, just don't see it. Let him carry on where he is, hopefully they'll get relegated again.

The comments by MM earlier on about it being between two people. I think he meant, it's between two Managers, not between PF and Randy. I'd say Moyes and **** knows.

If it's between "Moyes and f*ck nose" then the other candidate has to be ...... Phil Thompson!

Id take Phil Thompson tbh, Im losing the will to live (and my overdraft)!!

plus look at the facts. apart from martinez every manager that the press reported on villa deined. and the only time they released a statement is because whelan opened his fat gob. there are agreements that lerner sets up that the parties cannot speak to the press or the deal is off. this makes sense because we only knew about houlier and bent when the deal was more or less done.

villa didnt mind whelan speaking up because martinez said no last week and whelan just took the advantage of a big pr stunt and it worked !! but as the deal was a non goer since last week he had nothing to loose.

the only correct information will come from ITK's and so far the reliable ITKs have said it isnt hughes, benitez, martiniez said no. and moyes is coming.

watch this space

Using this logic, don't you think that if Everton wanted to keep Moyes they would just spout out to the press?

This is the biggest load of bollocks since sliced bollocks. Mysteryman,meltdown man,ginger Scotsman,only two people know,smoke screens.

It's an absolute joke.

Yet you didn't mention the biggest biggest load of bollocks, which is Steve Coppell.

This is becoming detrimental to the club so whoever it is, we better make that appointment quickly, otherwise we can kiss goodbye to the transfer window!

Yep. Holy ****, there is only nearly 3 months of the window left! :shock:

What's even more amusing is that more people will have this point of view on Sunday than yesterday, even though there has been no business days in that time frame.

Just goes to prove that people use the transfer window excuse just because they are getting impatient and want some action.

True, however this isn't championship manager, you cant just click a few buttons and make a few signings.

Any manager coming in is going to have assess the current squad, identify the areas that need strengthening, draw up suitable transfer targets based on squad analysis and potential transfer viability. Then after all that, begin the long and often painfully draw out transfer negotiations process.

So yes I'm slightly concerned.

watch this space

Using this logic, don't you think that if Everton wanted to keep Moyes they would just spout out to the press?

You have to take each one on their own merits. You dont know what get out clauses are in Moyes contract. Kenwright may need the compensation money. There are lots of variables and I wouldnt dismiss anything at the moment. Villa_insider has been on the money in the past.

This is the biggest load of bollocks since sliced bollocks. Mysteryman,meltdown man,ginger Scotsman,only two people know,smoke screens.

It's an absolute joke.

Dare I ask why? It's frustrating to not really know what's going on I'll admit but if it's to the benefit of the club then I don't mind.

Obviously take with a pinch of salt but here's the latest from our supposed ITK friends on Twitter. To be fair to Villa_Insider, she was right about Houllier before it was announced, but I had heard she'd left the club, assuming she's in touch with people who still work there.

Villa_Insider AstonVillaInsider

Its 12.30 in Birmingham & Liverpool. 07:30 in Cleveland & New York. Meetings and negotiations to resume in 30 mins. Dont expect news today.

and from our other friend who we are all skeptical about...

AVFCMysteryMan Sky Dream

#tsallsports #avfc #Moyes To #villa going very well

AVFCMysteryMan Sky Dream

#avfc the delay is none football but will be sorted just CAN'T be rushed

This is the biggest load of bollocks since sliced bollocks. Valhalla, Mysteryman,meltdown man,ginger Scotsman,only two people know,smoke screens.

It's an absolute joke.

fixed that for ya!

Not to mention 3am news embargoes!

This is becoming detrimental to the club so whoever it is, we better make that appointment quickly, otherwise we can kiss goodbye to the transfer window!

Yep. Holy ****, there is only nearly 3 months of the window left! :shock:

What's even more amusing is that more people will have this point of view on Sunday than yesterday, even though there has been no business days in that time frame.

Just goes to prove that people use the transfer window excuse just because they are getting impatient and want some action.

True, however this isn't championship manager, you cant just click a few buttons and make a few signings.

Any manager coming in is going to have assess the current squad, identify the areas that need strengthening, draw up suitable transfer targets based squad analysis and potential transfer viability. Then after all that, begin the long and often painfully draw out transfer negotiations process.

So yes I'm slightly concerned.

It's been nearly 16 years since I last played Championship Manager!

Current managers aren't going to be able to assess the squad until they return to pre-season, which isn't until July.

Transfers, you can start earlier, but even this can wait until end of June. How many transfers are usually done before the end of July? Not many.

I really don't think there is too much to worry about right now. I'd even be ok with this going on for another couple of weeks as it is far more important that we get the right person in tomorrow, rather than the wrong person today.

So I missed the last 40 pages after last nights TS Twitter feed and Villa_Insider both claiming Moyes was to be sorted today.

What's the crack with that? Still presume nobody is any the wiser?

Correct.

Though Mcleish is now favorite on the bookies, with no information in the public domain to explain why. I personally feel it is because of the twitter feed regarding the "ginger scotsman".

Free money on BetFair if you wish to lay Mcleish.

Can you help me out please mate - never laid someone on Betfair before and it's confusing me somewhat.

Firstly why are there three columns on every manager with different odds? Don't get that at all, surely they are offering one price?

Then when you click on a manager - McLeish for example - why does the 'Backer's odds' arrow allow you to change the odds? Also, what is that 'Payout' and 'Liability' option about?

And lastly, if you aren't already tearing your hair out, why when I stick £25 against Owen Coyle to be manager does it say returns £312.50 - that seems far too high. Surely if McLeish is more of a favourite at present his lay odds would be higher than someone like Coyle?

Thanks in advance

VAL

watch this space

last yeat moyes wanted to join us, everton said no and randy respected moyes's loyalty.

this year i think they have agreed on compensation so thats why everton have not spoken out cause if they speak out, deal is off and they get no money.

AND THEY NEED THE MONEY

watch this space

You have to take each one on their own merits. You dont know what get out clauses are in Moyes contract. Kenwright may need the compensation money. There are lots of variables and I wouldnt dismiss anything at the moment. Villa_insider has been on the money in the past.

Fair enough... I'm sure it is far more complex than any of us would even begin to think.

As long as we don't end up with Mcleish I am happy.

watch this space

Using this logic, don't you think that if Everton wanted to keep Moyes they would just spout out to the press?[/quote]

Equally, how many Managers are there to select from that fit the bill? If Moyes is ruled out over this weekend, who will the supposed ITK's move to next? The club have not ruled anyone in or out, the press have, the ITK's have.

I also don't buy this quit issue with Hughes. Football is a dog eat dog business, Hughes has removed the barrier of needing permission to talk to Villa and done Fulham a favour by not being involved with pre-season, signing players etc. Hughes has not mentioned Villa at any point, nor has his motor mouth agent, so why would Villa rule it out? I think people are trying to second guess Randy that's all. I still think it's Hughes and Moyes as the two front runners. I also agree with the bit in bold. Are people saying that Moyes deal is off if it goes to the press. No chance. If Villa want him, they want him. Nothing should stand in their way in getting him.

watch this space

Using this logic, don't you think that if Everton wanted to keep Moyes they would just spout out to the press?[/quote]

Equally, how many Managers are there to select from that fit the bill? If Moyes is ruled out over this weekend, who will the supposed ITK's move to next? The club have not ruled anyone in or out, the press have, the ITK's have.

I also don't buy this quit issue with Hughes. Football is a dog eat dog business, Hughes has removed the barrier of needing permission to talk to Villa and done Fulham a favour by not being involved with pre-season, signing players etc. Hughes has not mentioned Villa at any point, nor has his motor mouth agent, so why would Villa rule it out? I think people are trying to second guess Randy that's all. I still think it's Hughes and Moyes as the two front runners. I also agree with the bit in bold. Are people saying that Moyes deal is off if it goes to the press. No chance. If Villa want him, they want him. Nothing should stand in their way in getting him.

yes but if they need the compensation money they wont speak out cause the deal will be off

JESUS !!

Fair enough... I'm sure it is far more complex than any of us would even begin to think.

As long as we don't end up with Mcleish I am happy.

Without a doubt Lion. Randy puts constrarint on himself by playing with a straight bat. I'm with you on McCleish