• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think all this has been a smoke screen...!

Its always been Hughes Villa until July 1st so why not try to see who else you can get its a win win situation.

It will not be Moyes.

It Will not be Coyle.

It will be Hughes its so obvious...!

Whats all this talk of smokescreens? It's not mi5, if they want Hughes just get him.

They are Playing some silly little game of how well can you keep a secret. It's like new bloody labour are in charge.

Overly concerned with PR instead of just doing the bloody job.

Is there any way to bet on people that won't become manager? I want to put some money on McCleish not becoming manager being that he is favourite to do so.

Yes, goto betfair and click on the red box next to Mcleish's nameThe red box is betting he will not become manager - this is called laying Mcleish (which someone else found rather amusing :)), the blue one is backing him to become manager.

I've already got £150 on him not becoming manager. The odds right now are amazingly good.

Or the other way of doing it is through your normal bookie, and back every manager other than the one or two you think won't get a job. This is much more difficult though because of the huge number of options and you have to bet different amounts on different managers depending on the odds...! Stick with BetFair.

You can have some real good fun using the flutuating odds on the Villa Manager market on Betfair. By laying managers at low odds and backing them again for less money at higher odds you can make guarenteed profit as well as your favorites making you more money if they were to happen. I'm sure someone earlier said they were due £150 regardless of who was made manager by doing this!

Yup, though next manager books are slow moving. Horse racing or in-play football is much more exciting.

What you are talking about is "arbitrage" - an age old, minimum risk way of gambling (investing).

Horse racing odds can move scarily fast, at least the next manager market isn't quite so heart stopping!!

This is becoming detrimental to the club so whoever it is, we better make that appointment quickly, otherwise we can kiss goodbye to the transfer window!

Yep. Holy ****, there is only nearly 3 months of the window left! :shock:

What's even more amusing is that more people will have this point of view on Sunday than yesterday, even though there has been no business days in that time frame.

Just goes to prove that people use the transfer window excuse just because they are getting impatient and want some action.

Yeh I am...... We will see end of august we would give rafa 30 million even after youngs transfer would be more than half that shows what we have available so no I am going by what I hear n I will wait n see august 30

I have absolutely no idea what you are going on about. It is however, probably somehow slating one of the best clubs and boards in the world.

Wind-up bluenoses aren't welcome here. Go crawl back under your rock.

I don't think he's a bluenose mate, just genuinely thick. Which in that case, 'could' make him a bluenose.

The plot thickens...

Or just maybe somebody very young? :winkold:

Yeh young I am but you guys are **** old farts who believe your own shit go out get laid live your life

Ah, the wonders of social networking. Does anyone remember the halcyon days before the world wide web was invented? Checking teletext at 8 am before going to work to see what was being said about Villa, and then checking again a few days later when another bit of gossip may have been added.

It was relatively laid back and stress free, and the place to discuss Ellis's or Bendall's latest antics was down the pub with your mates.

**** off you old Fart :winkold: :lol:

I asked for that one! :lol:

Overly concerned with PR instead of just doing the bloody job.

Nail on head for me aswell 8)

Football is a hard and nasty buisiness, with very little room for sentiment, and very little thought into respect. In fact, the weaker you appear, the more others will take liberties.

Ipswich had a very similar approach......it stood them in good stead :oops:

Any news on this meeting at 13:00 or was that more Twitter lies?

Please tell me you didnt fall for that ?

:lol:

Fall for what? :shock:

I'd have thought that was obvious

Ranks up there with believing those folks on Twatter are ITK

What meeting?

Re; the above, it's Twitter bollocks. Twitter is a mobile way of adding posts on VT or H&V. None of it is true, it's just speculation and opinion. Believe it at your peril/frustration/disappointment. Load of old tosh. If you throw enough out there, something eventually will stick.

Old fist face has done a decent job anywhere he's managed. Pity he has a reputation for not hanging around. I bet he'd love to do a job for Villa.

McLeish, just don't see it. Let him carry on where he is, hopefully they'll get relegated again.

The comments by MM earlier on about it being between two people. I think he meant, it's between two Managers, not between PF and Randy. I'd say Moyes and **** knows.

What meeting?

The comments by MM earlier on about it being between two people. I think he meant, it's between two Managers, not between PF and Randy. I'd say Moyes and **** knows.

Without reading the comment again, I'm pretty sure he meant PF and Randy, because he went on to mention unless there any ITK's from Kenwight's group releasing information because he basically knows nothing...

What meeting?

Re; the above, it's Twitter bollocks. Twitter is a mobile way of adding posts on VT or H&V. None of it is true, it's just speculation and opinion. Believe it at your peril/frustration/disappointment. Load of old tosh. If you throw enough out there, something eventually will stick.

Old fist face has done a decent job anywhere he's managed. Pity he has a reputation for not hanging around. I bet he'd love to do a job for Villa.

McLeish, just don't see it. Let him carry on where he is, hopefully they'll get relegated again.

If it's between "Moyes and f*ck nose" then the other candidate has to be ...... Phil Thompson!

, lol i will probably get abuse again for this.

Villa_insider is very ITK. Never wrong.

24 hours after she mentioned about moyes it turned up in the mirror. and now TS report on twitter mentioned about it been a ginger scotsman... that was mentioned last week

villa_insider said a lot of knowledgable stuff last night. i for one believe it due to her being correct on two occasions last year.

its gonna happen. watch this space and it will be 13:00 our time 8am US time

Without reading the comment again, I'm pretty sure he meant PF and Randy, because he went on to mention unless there any ITK's from Kenwight's group releasing information because he basically knows nothing...

Ok mate, I'm probably wrong. Perhaps it's the way I read it. Be nice to just get it sorted so we can start addressing the shortfalls in our squad.