• McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

who do you want, woodytom?

I wanted Martinez mate. Got quite excited about him actually. A poor mans Mourinho :D

Right now, theres nobody that excites me!

you would prefer martinez over moyes? that makes no sense to me at all

Well, personality for a start!

When we were linked with Martinez everyone was saying why? he hasnt won anything??

Why arent we asking the same question with Moyes??

moyes got everton into the cl qualifying stage and has established everton as a top 6 or 7 club, he has done a lot more than martinez

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted Martinez mate. Got quite excited about him actually. A poor mans Mourinho :D

I like Martinez as well. He'll be a very good manager in time.

The only thing I'd question was whether he was a bit of a bottler? This was his opportunity, his chance to make the step up and he chose loyalty to a club and chairman who, lets be honest, will never be more than they are now. Commendable, of course, but the wrong decision for a young up-and-coming manager to make.

I think we need someone stronger than that at the moment. We're at a bit of a crossroads as a club and we want someone with a big character to take it in hand.

Theres no doubt the decision he made was a risk!!

But that to me just shows the ambitions of the man. He believes he can take Wigan forwards. True to his word a good man all round by the sounds of it, and in this day an age, a breath of fresh air in english football.

When we were linked with Martinez everyone was saying why? he hasnt won anything??

No they weren't, they were asking what has he achieved. two 16th place finishes isn't exactly a record that would make people say 'he can take us forward' ...people weren't saying what's he won at all. If he had finished 12th and 9th with Wigan, I bet helluva lot more fans would have loved Martinez.

Moyes is different league to Martinez.

He's turned a club with **** all money to spend apart from money they've been able to make from selling into a top 8 club and a club everyone hates playing against (in a 'Everton are a good team' way)

You are totally deluded. MON did this too, and we gave up on him cause he could go no further, What makes you think Moyes is this exciting manager he cant and wont improve us.

he's hardly got shite playes

Arteta

Osman

Cahill

Jagielka

Bains

Beckford

Saha

Rdwell

Fellaini

Many would argue he should be doing better with these players.

Our team is no better than Evertons, if we are happy with top 8 go for it. But for me we will just be equal to Everton if we take Moyes.

Also he is hardly worth the & million quid buy him out of his contract.

Now Hughes im 50 50. After all the talk he will have alot to prove.

I find your reasoning regarding Moyes vs Hughes rather interesting. You look at their records and dismiss Moyes while remaining 50-50 on Hughes. I mean, obviously, we will never know beforehand how something turns out, but how do you arrive at the conclusion that Hughes is 50-50 while Moyes is a no-goer?

Hughes seems to show alot more ambition. I never see this with Moyes, he looks like he is happy enough plodding on with Everton. Remember he could have managed Tottenham and turned it down. No one else has really come in for him since then maybe a little worrying. To me he is average at best.

Moyes wouldn't cum we don't have any players left just bent

Beg you pardon?

He is a bluenose... if you look at all his posts he is either blatently on the wind up or incredibly stupid. Probably both.

Reminds me of a poster called "Angelbear" from the old ICBirmingham forums...

Beg you pardon?

He is a bluenose... if you look at all his posts he is either blatently on the wind up or incredibly stupid. Probably both.

O open ur eyes n look we have one star player bent the youngster are ok not great not match winners we don't look good to any managers what is great about our team right now??????

Beg you pardon?

O open ur eyes n look we have one star player bent the youngster are ok not great not match winners we don't look good to any managers what is great about our team right now??????

. , are allowed.

Ffs the press are just rocket polishers , Mclaren interview cancelled- fact Mclaren stated he'd had no contact from Villa

Martinez turns down job- fact he didn't have an interview as he was to chicken shit to take s massive step up.

It's all bollox !!!!

Getting really pissed off- come on Randy show these pricks that we are Villa, and we are not in decline .

Villa till I die !!!!

moyes got everton into the cl qualifying stage and has established everton as a top 6 or 7 club, he has done a lot more than martinez

so hes won what SGC??????

In treble the amount of time I may add.

Oh yeah, I keep forgeting, Martinez has managed 2 real powerhouses in European football as well.

What did Bickster say ?

"If you can still get Moyes at 5-1 take it, take it now"

I saw Gareth's tweet last night as well. If anyone would know the crack it would be him because he lives in the area and what's more he's a taxi driver IIRC.

When my ex ran the taxis in the Lakes, there wasn't anything that we didn't know within about a 50m radius of the town, given 20 minutes of something happening.

julie, what is gareths twitter id please

thanks

He's turned a club with **** all money to spend apart from money they've been able to make from selling into a top 8 club and a club everyone hates playing against (in a 'Everton are a good team' way)

You are totally deluded. MON did this too, and we gave up on him cause he could go no further, What makes you think Moyes is this exciting manager he cant and wont improve us.

Arteta

Osman

Cahill

Jagielka

Bains

Beckford

Saha

Rdwell

Fellaini

Our team is no better than Evertons, if we are happy with top 8 go for it. But for me we will just be equal to Everton if we take Moyes.

I find your reasoning regarding Moyes vs Hughes rather interesting. You look at their records and dismiss Moyes while remaining 50-50 on Hughes. I mean, obviously, we will never know beforehand how something turns out, but how do you arrive at the conclusion that Hughes is 50-50 while Moyes is a no-goer?

Hughes seems to show alot more ambition. I never see this with Moyes, he looks like he is happy enough plodding on with Everton. Remember he could have managed Tottenham and turned it down. No one else has really come in for him since then maybe a little worrying. To me he is average at best.

What, so you want us to get a manager who within 1/2 years if he does a good job will leave? over someone who's willing to build something at a club and stay loyal. :?

Makes sense.

Beg you pardon?

Ah yes Angelbear I had forgotten about him and those happy days on ICBirmingham where there was minimum moderation and the insults flew thick and fast. Its pretty much dead as a forum now.

Beg you pardon?

I remember Angelbear... he was Villa through and through - he was very open with his learning difficulties and I always admired his perseverance even though everyone seemed to hammer him.

This guy is different, not only is his sole intention in nearly every post to provoke a negative reaction, if I remember correctly, he also stated he had a business degree in one of his many threads he has started, which I think you can tell from a single line in his posts is absolutely not true.

The way I see it Martinez was a high risk, potentially high return investment.

Moyes is a no-risk, moderate returns sort of investment, but one capable of keeping us in the top 8 pretty much every year.

Sparky is a moderate risk, moderate returns sort of investment - could do the job but there is every chance he'll get itchy feet and bugger off elsewhere within a year or two.

For me, Moyes at the helm would be the best case scenario. I've had my flirt with relegation and didn't enjoy it one bit.

so hes won what SGC??????

In treble the amount of time I may add.

Oh yeah, I keep forgeting, Martinez has managed 2 real powerhouses in European football as well.

he got everton to an fa cup final, which i still believe they should've won, he has done a lot more than martinez, that is for sure

Arteta

Osman

Cahill

Jagielka

Bains

Beckford

Saha

Rdwell

Fellaini

What, so you want us to get a manager who within 1/2 years if he does a good job will leave? over someone who's willing to build something at a club and stay loyal. :?

Makes sense.

We should of gave kev the job last year if you wanted loyality