• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why Moyes would come here as 2nd choice after we were rejected by 1st choice Roberto Martinez. . . . .

It's a shambles I can't see any decent manager wanting to join

Haha, you are funny. :D If you aren't on a wind up mission I'd suggest you kick back a little go out, have a beer, play some video games or just relax a bit. And try not to jump off a bridge if the local grocery store has run out of your fav cereal. ;)

Well, I hope that bicks is right about lumping money on Moyes :-

Selection Odds Stake Returns ? Receipt More

David Moyes

Next Permanent Aston Villa Manager: Next Permanent Manager 7/2 £142.86 ##EACHWAY## £642.87

I'm not all that bothered though, that money has been lying in my account since I won it by betting on Houllier...I had kind of forgotten about it and just thought might as well have a punt ;)

I was in the Mark Hughes camp even bumping into Randy after the Villa Everton home game LAST SEASON to express my thoughts on it he said at the time yes agreed but too late as he had taken the Fulham job which led me to think when GH went and MH resigned that it would be him . I can tell you with as much certainty as anything that a lot has changed and they are genuinely concerned that MH would end up turning us over and they will not be approaching him . It it happens I will be gobsmacked from how direct my nderstanding of their feelings and how they think it would be shortlived and the concern that we would be just a stepping stone for MH . I am getting a lot of PMS which I am not being rude as I haven't replied but genuinely I do not know who the target is because I am not sure how / what happened with the oustanding candidate Moyes . There is nobody ITK on this it's between 2 people and they aint letting onto anybody which is how it should be but yes frustrating the nearest to ITK now is probably Kendrick . I also wouldn't rule out the McCleish rumour he would want the job and so would Bruce who still lives in Lapworth and has said to people how much he thinks of Lerner and what he must be like to work for .

MM post

Ohh I hope fist face gets the job!

(Note there might be a touch of sarcasm in this post)

I don't need to prove what I have n dont to u but remember this it's a open forum n if I think we dont look like a ambitions club I will say it open ur eyes n see what have we got that a manager from any club would want to come here?

Aston Villa have created more England internationals than any other club. Randy has already shown he is willing to make huge investments on and off the pitch for Villa. We have signed one of the best strikers in the world only 5 months ago. Our player of the season is back in the England squad and showing signs of having yet another massive season next year.

Current first-team squad members Albrighton, Delfouneso, Hogg, Barry Bannan, Clarke, Herd and Lichaj have all come through the Academy and reserve set-up at Villa Park under the guidance of Villa legends Tony McAndrew, Kevin MacDonald and Gordon Cowans. These are just a handful of the current team members - do you want a list of others?

We have facilities that other clubs can only dream of - built by the Chairman that loves this club. Randy must be an absolute delight to work for. We have a Director posting on this very forum, because they care about us, the fans.

After all this, you honestly think no managers want to join our Great Club are unable to find a single positive thing to write about? Believe me, we are turning down far more managers wanting the priviliedge to manage us than the other way round.

You can continue to spout out the nonsense that comes from your fingertips, but it is nonsense and anyone with half a brain can see that. And you can't get business degrees with half a brain.

who do you want, woodytom?

I wanted Martinez mate. Got quite excited about him actually. A poor mans Mourinho :D

Right now, theres nobody that excites me!

you would prefer martinez over moyes? that makes no sense to me at all

Well, personality for a start!

When we were linked with Martinez everyone was saying why? he hasnt won anything??

Why arent we asking the same question with Moyes??

No they weren't, they were asking what has he achieved. two 16th place finishes isn't exactly a record that would make people say 'he can take us forward' ...people weren't saying what's he won at all. If he had finished 12th and 9th with Wigan, I bet helluva lot more fans would have loved Martinez.

ok, my bad - if thats what they were saying.

But again same question applies?

In the time Martinez has been managing (3 years) hes achieved a promotion with Swansea and no doubt achieved his season goals at Wigan, whilst reducing the wage bill quite considerably.

On the other hand, Moyes nearly got to the champions league, an Fa cup final - 2 other very good finishes. 2 quite atrocious finishes for Everton and then the rest where they probably should be.

Im unaware of his time at Preston tbh.

No one seems to acknowledge that whilst Martinez hasnt really achieved greatness, hes only been at it 3 years!!

Everton before David Moyes:

15th, 17th, 14th 13th, 16th, 15th.

Since Moyes:

7th, 17th, 4th, 11th, 6th, 5th, 5th, 8th, 7th ....so to say ...11th is atrocious ....and 5th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th ...where they should be is also IMO very wrong.

Wigan before Martinez ....10th, 17th, 14th, 11th ....

since Martinez, 16th, 16th.

So while I think he's a talented manager for the future ....you're being extremely one sided in your view Martinez has done some sort of good job while David Moyes has done nothing.

bloody hell, your one sad individual :lol: :winkold:

Right,

Im not for one second suggesting Martinez has done an exceptional job!

on the other hand,

Im not for one second suggesting Moyes hasnt done a good job!

I am basically saying, DO David Moyes' achievements (when you consider length of time hes been manager, size of club (foundations etc), quality of players (something he has to be given credit for)), outweigh the achievements Martinez has had (again when you consider time, clubs hes been at etc) so so much, that it would be unthinkable to question them (Moyes achievements), baring in mind we questioned Martinez's.

I don't understand why Moyes would come here as 2nd choice after we were rejected by 1st choice Roberto Martinez. . . . .

It's a shambles I can't see any decent manager wanting to join

Haha, you are funny. :D If you aren't on a wind up mission I'd suggest you kick back a little go out, have a beer, play some video games or just relax a bit. And try not to jump off a bridge if the local grocery store has run out of your fav cereal. ;)

Cheers for the advise maybe a smoke will do

The way I see it Martinez was a high risk, potentially high return investment.

Moyes is a no-risk, moderate returns sort of investment, but one capable of keeping us in the top 8 pretty much every year.

Sparky is a moderate risk, moderate returns sort of investment - could do the job but there is every chance he'll get itchy feet and bugger off elsewhere within a year or two.

For me, Moyes at the helm would be the best case scenario. I've had my flirt with relegation and didn't enjoy it one bit.

Moyes will get us no better than MON did, he just may do it with less money!

If this is what we want lets go for it.

Although I though our ambition was more than that!!

For me it had to be Martinez. Now he is not coming it will still have to be a European manager. With our funds and not attracting the best players, the only way we are gonna have any success is with a European style of football, its the way foward to me!

I don't need to prove what I have n dont to u but remember this it's a open forum n if I think we dont look like a ambitions club I will say it open ur eyes n see what have we got that a manager from any club would want to come here?

Aston Villa have created more England internationals than any other club. Randy has already shown he is willing to make huge investments on and off the pitch for Villa. We have signed one of the best strikers in the world only 5 months ago. Our player of the season is back in the England squad and showing signs of having yet another massive season next year.

Current first-team squad members Albrighton, Delfouneso, Hogg, Barry Bannan, Clarke, Herd and Lichaj have all come through the Academy and reserve set-up at Villa Park under the guidance of Villa legends Tony McAndrew, Kevin MacDonald and Gordon Cowans. These are just a handful of the current team members - do you want a list of others?

We have facilities that other clubs can only dream of - built by the Chairman that loves this club. Randy must be an absolute delight to work for. We have a Director posting on this very forum, because they care about us, the fans.

After all this, you honestly think no managers want to join our Great Club are unable to find a single positive thing to write about? Believe me, we are turning down far more managers wanting the priviliedge to manage us than the other way round.

You can continue to spout out the nonsense that comes from your fingertips, but it is nonsense and anyone with half a brain can see that. And you can't get business degrees with half a brain.

The young ones are good not great they won't win us games bent is not great top 5 no way

Club has done loads but the squad is thin no stars young gone downing going soon don't look like we have a massive budget either

Compare to top clubs they are splashing the cash last year to do so we need to or we will always be a mid table club n I don't want that

I do have a brain I just see things different to u don't make me not have what I have said these are my thoughts my feelings about my club right now

When MM says it's between 2 people does he mean that only 2 people know or it's between 2 managers?

I think he means it's just between Lerner and Faulkner and there are no genuine ITK's.

That is correct

When MM says it's between 2 people does he mean that only 2 people know or it's between 2 managers?

I think he means it's just between Lerner and Faulkner and there are no genuine ITK's.

That leads me to believe that our next manager could be absolutely anyone. Obviously I know the media are full of shit but if the ITKs don't really know much either then I think the only managers you can rule out are the obvious ones like Mourinho and Ferguson.

who do you want, woodytom?

I wanted Martinez mate. Got quite excited about him actually. A poor mans Mourinho :D

Right now, theres nobody that excites me!

you would prefer martinez over moyes? that makes no sense to me at all

Well, personality for a start!

When we were linked with Martinez everyone was saying why? he hasnt won anything??

Why arent we asking the same question with Moyes??

No they weren't, they were asking what has he achieved. two 16th place finishes isn't exactly a record that would make people say 'he can take us forward' ...people weren't saying what's he won at all. If he had finished 12th and 9th with Wigan, I bet helluva lot more fans would have loved Martinez.

ok, my bad - if thats what they were saying.

But again same question applies?

In the time Martinez has been managing (3 years) hes achieved a promotion with Swansea and no doubt achieved his season goals at Wigan, whilst reducing the wage bill quite considerably.

On the other hand, Moyes nearly got to the champions league, an Fa cup final - 2 other very good finishes. 2 quite atrocious finishes for Everton and then the rest where they probably should be.

Im unaware of his time at Preston tbh.

No one seems to acknowledge that whilst Martinez hasnt really achieved greatness, hes only been at it 3 years!!

Everton before David Moyes:

15th, 17th, 14th 13th, 16th, 15th.

Since Moyes:

7th, 17th, 4th, 11th, 6th, 5th, 5th, 8th, 7th ....so to say ...11th is atrocious ....and 5th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th ...where they should be is also IMO very wrong.

Wigan before Martinez ....10th, 17th, 14th, 11th ....

since Martinez, 16th, 16th.

So while I think he's a talented manager for the future ....you're being extremely one sided in your view Martinez has done some sort of good job while David Moyes has done nothing.

bloody hell, your one sad individual :lol: :winkold:

Right,

Im not for one second suggesting Martinez has done an exceptional job!

on the other hand,

Im not for one second suggesting Moyes hasnt done a good job!

I am basically saying, DO David Moyes' achievements (when you consider length of time hes been manager, size of club (foundations etc), quality of players (something he has to be given credit for)), outweigh the achievements Martinez has had (again when you consider time, clubs hes been at etc) so so much, that it would be unthinkable to question them (Moyes achievements), baring in mind we questioned Martinez's.

The key to this is consistency and Moyes consistently delivers with limited resources. He may be seen as a 'safe' choice, however given recent events, I'd say he's the only logical choice.