• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Utterly embarrassed by the reaction of most of our support, this is not 'Villa's darkest day' or any of that tripe, this is a day where we potentially appoint a very good manager who happens to have previously managed our local rivals. Grow up!

Getting a team relegated twice in 3 seasons makes you a very bad manager, regardless to where you previously managed.

..well the Wigan manager was close to that and he was first choice.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cant name names, but have been advised of this :

McLeish is first choice but Lerner is concerned about the fans reaction. Source: inside Villa is all I'll say.

Season ticket sales matter I guess. Keep an eye on the fans forums because if they are in any way positive towards AM then he'll be signed.

so, say NO to McLeish.............you have been warned!

posted this sunday 343 pm

never ever thought it would come true!

GUTTED

The prophecy has been fulfilled! Oh great wise one use your sources within the club to dissuade the board from appointing such a jester!

Utterly embarrassed by the reaction of most of our support, this is not 'Villa's darkest day' or any of that tripe, this is a day where we potentially appoint a very good manager who happens to have previously managed our local rivals. Grow up!

Mate, this man's come fresh off a relegation. He's probably the only manager available whose football is bad enough to relegate Villa.

Even fookin Curbishley outperformed this tosser. Dark days indeed if you appoint McLeish. Does my head in, makes no sense.

Ill be first to say it. i prefer him to Houllier.

I'll second this.

Anyone But Houllier.

Gerard Houllier is ten times the manager Alec McLeish is.

Here's a thought Mcleish comes to villa & we get relegated & McClaren steers Forest into the premier league.

And all the pies at Villa Park will be of the "humble" variety

I won't. I voted for McLaren in both polls as soon as they came out. Moyes was never going to leave Everton, Ancelotti never going to come. Schteve has a much better record than most on here give him credit for. I'm not English so couldn't give two shits that he failed to get a bunch of overpaid prima donna wanabe celebrities to qualify for a tournament. That many on here would have prefered Martinez is both laughable and frightening.

McClaren has found his level IMO. The fact you are not English will dilute the disgust that we English have for the job he did with England. I would ask you to respect that. Just as I respect that you feel McClaren would have done a good job at Villa, and perhaps have been a better appointment than McLeash.

Fair point.

Back to current situation, as a ardent Villa fan since 94' I am utterly dejected at how the club has become part soap-opera/pantomime/farce in the last 48hrs. It all feels like a bad dream at the moment.

This is **** depressing.

Jesus, when you admit to being depressed over something villa related you know things are bad. You'd think McCleish might be our next manager or something...oh wait :cry:

It's a **** joke. I don't have a clue what are board are doing. Disgrace.

I hear ya, loud and clear! Couldn't agree more.

Getting a team relegated twice in 3 seasons makes you a very bad manager, regardless to where you previously managed.

That would be a perfectly valid point if McLeish had been in charge of a decent and stable premiership club like Bolton or Blackburn, fact is he was in charge of a yo-yo club that is always on the verge of relegation. When he arrived it was in November, which left him no time to make any signings or do anything constructive to stop the team from being relegated. This season there was practically nothing he could do as his already weak squad was hit by injuries to his key players.

If you want to blame him for the relegations you must also give him credit for getting a poor Blues side their highest EVER premier league finish and winning them their first trophy in decades.

:crylaugh:

Is this a pisstake? If so I hope the mods bring you down for this.

FOR WHAT BRUTHA??

hulk-hogan-02.jpg

What the f u c k is Rafa doing with the Hulkster??

I'd rather have the big man that Mcleish at the moment.

Say your prayers, eat you vitamins and think " **** you big eck"

What ya gunna do? when the B6 boys run wild on youuuuuuuu?!

Can the mods make a new topic and bring up a poll if we want McLeish or not? We need a clear reflection on what we think of him.
Might as well make a poll to ask whether people would like a smack in the face with a brick.

I heard McLeish was resigning on the 25th of May, I posted it on here. I never thought he was coming here though. Looks like he handed in a resignation and it was refused and he has been working on his get out clause ever since..

very much this, people will say grow up etc etc and blame the blues link for peoples reaction to AM but its not, the fact is he's not a very good manager with an awful brand of football, when people say they wont renew their ST etc they'll get pelters but £600 for how he plays is shit to say the least

TRO makes a good point though, RM also asked makes you wonder what the **** is going on

Can the mods make a new topic and bring up a poll if we want McLeish or not? We need a clear reflection on what we think of him.
Might as well make a poll to ask whether people would like a smack in the face with a brick.

Ironically I'd rather get smacked in the face with a brick, than have McLeish as our manager.

Mate, this man's come fresh off a relegation. He's probably the only manager available whose football is bad enough to relegate Villa.

Even fookin Curbishley outperformed this tosser. Dark days indeed if you appoint McLeish. Does my head in, makes no sense.

This pretty much sums up my feelings although from the perspective of an opposite fan.

......are you all ready to eat humble pie.

Shows McLeish and Lerner to be strong Characters..... not listeneing to fans.

Ps I seem to remember fan power wanting Stan Collymore...oops and sasa curcic.

Ironically I'd rather get smacked in the face with a brick, than have McLeish as our manager.

Unless the brick was gonna cause some really bad damage then I'm in the same boat as you.