• Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just getting ridicuous now.

People slating the press for making things up and speculating. Then this:

Mr Lerner liked Corsica so much during his meetings with Gerard Houllier, that he bought a place there.

The movements of his jet in that direction are people sorting that out for him (finalising, readying, overseeing alterations etc.)

Seriously, we should just knock this on the head and go down the pub. Make mine a triple.

someone on twitter (not naming names) - 'It seems a lot of people are saying that Alex McLeish has arrived at Villa Park. If they're right ... **** OFF RANDY LERNER YOU clearing in the woods!!'

Just wondering why potential managers and Villa staff choose to meet at Villa Park, the place most certainly garanteed to generate wast amounts of twits and e-mails...

someone on twitter (not naming names) - 'It seems a lot of people are saying that Alex McLeish has arrived at Villa Park. If they're right ... **** OFF RANDY LERNER YOU clearing in the woods!!'

Just wondering why potential managers and Villa staff choose to meet at Villa Park, the place most certainly garanteed to generate wast amounts of twits and e-mails...

If this were true I would be VERY surprised. If they do meet, it will be somewhere out of the media gaze. VP is too much of a public place.

Can the club just not release a quick statement stating we are not interested in McLeish?....

Just spoken to someone at the club and the official line is they cannot keep releasing statements every 5mins because the press don't have a clue who is going to be the manager. Randy and Paul are aware about the fans views on McLeish but they will not comment on it or any other manager. Also pleaded with them to ban Neil Moxley from the CLUB.

if its hughes, which i still reckon it is, then surely given our good relationship with fulham we could just get on the blower to them and ask if we can talk to him with their blessing before july 1st

i couldnt see it being an issue, given all the shite theyre reading out this failed manager hunt in the media, and they might even let him join us before then without any compo due

So having ploughed through around thirty pages of this thread over my lunch the conclusion is that no one knows anything. Fine I'll get back to work then.

How much does all the compo add up to for the below?

Houllier = ????

Oneil = ????

Bluenose dickhead = 5.5 million?

We could be paying out something in the region of 10 million to managers in just under a month.

I'm glad someone brought this up. Can anyone explain to me why we had to pay anyone off if ..

1. O'Neill resigned as we've been told he did from the off.

2. Houllier wasn't fit enough to continue, as we've been told.

Surely neither of those situations require a payout ?

I like the theory but the one part I would question is the use of a private jet for people sorting out a property project. That's a pretty expensive way of ferrying people around, isn't it? I would be inclined to think such people would be using scheduled flights.

That said, I don't have his money, don't have a jet, don't know the exact costs involved and don't know how he thinks.

We know he likes art, so if you are moving expensive pieces of art do you air freight them, or keep them under your own care for the sake of a (relatively) few dollars?

DHL cost me EUR180k earlier this year by losing documents, so I know what I would do!

if its hughes, which i still reckon it is, then surely given our good relationship with fulham we could just get on the blower to them and ask if we can talk to him with their blessing before july 1st

i couldnt see it being an issue, given all the shite theyre reading out this failed manager hunt in the media, and they might even let him join us before then without any compo due

That depends on how much compo they want.

I reckon Houlliers is massive, due to being under contract for 3 years.

What Martin Oneils?????

Basicly, thats around 10 million of the Ashley money, going on managers rather than a replacement.

i dont see why not, wouldnt it have the same rules as like a bosman transfer? he wouldnt officially be ours until 1st july but that doesnt stop him from holding talks or being announced by the other club

Just spoken to someone at the club and the official line is they cannot keep releasing statements every 5mins because the press don't have a clue who is going to be the manager. Randy and Paul are aware about the fans views on McLeish but they will not comment on it or any other manager. Also pleaded with them to ban Neil Moxley from the CLUB.

You just phoned em up?

:lol: