• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmn well obviously this is gonna get some intense reactions etc but trying to just look at the real picture for a moment the guy has won plenty of silverware including performing the impossible in getting SHA a cup. Ok they of course got relegated bla bla bla & played very defensive football.

The thing is he said himself he had to play that style due to the strengths of his team being defensive though ideally he would like to play a more attacking style if he had the players to do so.

Also you have got to admit he has a pair of balls the size of pillows to quit & in the same breath say he would like the Villa job... That for me is what we have needed for years.. a pair of balls at the club to lead us & many on here have said we needed a strong manager... Well he is certainly that although it would be easy to allow the whiff of sha to cloud ones judgement i appreciate :lol:

If he came i would applaud his courage & the boards for that matter & support their decision.

Hmmn well obviously this is gonna get some intense reactions etc but trying to just look at the real picture for a moment the guy has won plenty of silverware including performing the impossible in getting SHA a cup. Ok they of course got relegated bla bla bla & played very defensive football.

The thing is he said himself he had to play that style due to the strengths of his team being defensive though ideally he would like to play a more attacking style if he had the players to do so.

Also you have got to admit he has a pair of balls the size of pillows to quit & in the same breath say he would like the Villa job... That for me is what we have needed for years.. a pair of balls at the club to lead us & many on here have said we needed a strong manager... Well he is certainly that although it would be easy to allow the whiff of sha to cloud ones judgement i appreciate :lol:

If he came i would applaud his courage & the boards for that matter & support their decision.

The "bla bla bla" that you use in your post is fairly dismissive of a pretty **** serious issue!

He got them relegated, and they absolutely did not deserve to win the "impossible" cup you mention. The were minutes away from going out against was it Brentford... got battered by Villa... got battered by Arsenal... and played no one else of any note.

Sorry, but Mcleish is a disaster. Any manager can win in Scotland. Not any manager can relegate a half decent team X2.

No way would I ever accept Mcleish. No way.

McCliesh comes Villa, the board should expect a sizeable decline in tickets purchased. It would be madness, taking our arch rivals manager (who was on the edge of his job anyway), who has taken that club down to the championship twice in the space of 3/4 years. No way! Hopefully McLiesh going is nothing to do with Villa.

The bit I highlighted is kinda the most important thing is it not?

it will be a disgrace if we get McLeish he couldn't keep what i thought to be a strong birmingham side in the prem his time in the transfer market is woeful signing most of our cast off players.

surely we have more ambiton than him jesus christ i'd take McLaren over this guy.

Let's think about this. Hughes resigned from Fulham and the board was apparently unimpressed. So what's different here? Can't believe for a second in the wake of the McLaren uproar last week that the board would be that daft. What have they done previously to make us worry that they would appoint McLeish?

If it's mcleish I'm living off pot noodles for the next year, my entire bankroll is currently laid on him. If I could mortgage the house and get the money into the market immediately I'd have that on there too.

McLeish comes I'm finished with the Villa until Randys **** off !!

Had to switch my phone off today because the stick I'm getting from the scum fans - This will be the biggest disaster in the history since the club was formed.

Cue the "I'll never go back down the Villa" if the appoint McLeish. I don't want him either but if Randy feels he's the best man for the job and backs him in the market, I'll put up with it. I hope he's going to Everton though and Moyes is coming to us. You can't blame Sky for coming out with crap like "he wants the opportunity to talk to Aston Villa". I'm sure it's probably shit but they are journalists!!

Many of us on this forum know more about football than Randy and if he feels mcleish is the best man for the job, that will prove it.

This is the guy that just took the blose to the championship! All he should get from us is a pat on the back!

Surely not! There are some brilliant managers available i.e Rikjkaard and Van Gaal. These must be preferential over Mcleish.

cant name names, but have been advised of this :

McLeish is first choice but Lerner is concerned about the fans reaction. Source: inside Villa is all I'll say.

Season ticket sales matter I guess. Keep an eye on the fans forums because if they are in any way positive towards AM then he'll be signed.

so, say NO to McLeish.............you have been warned!

wish i kept my mouth shut now!