• McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

So, to summarise this so-called 'epic' last couple of weeks:

Houllier leaves by mutual consent - Villa state they have started search for new boss.

Statement by Villa that they will update when there is more news.

Whelan says Martinez was contacted and will decide if he wants to go for talks.

That's it. Finito. All the rest of this thread - Corsica, Moyes, Rafa etc is utter rubbish and no worth even thinking about. It's not been a huge, epic process and it's not been worth all of these pages.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going backwards, but thinking forwards. Aston Villa are against gender discrimination etc. Could be a good move. More women would come to games. They'd be more inclined to buy bollocks in the club shop. Gerard Houllier as DOF and Faye White as coach

So, to summarise this so-called 'epic' last couple of weeks:

Houllier leaves by mutual consent - Villa state they have started search for new boss.

Statement by Villa that they will update when there is more news.

Whelan says Martinez was contacted and will decide if he wants to go for talks.

That's it. Finito. All the rest of this thread - Corsica, Moyes, Rafa etc is utter rubbish and no worth even thinking about. It's not been a huge, epic process and it's not been worth all of these pages.

Spoilsport! :winkold:

You've only stated what has come out in the (reliable) press. That doesn't mean there is not more going on behind the scenes....

.... nor does it stop us all putting our wish lists in. Hence the thread size.

All good fun.

so the latest is it is houlier coming back and martinez is assistant?

it may make far more sense than trying to get an unproven unsuccessful young manager in at the top

however would GH risk his health? it would be very foolish to do such a thing and if anything else happened to him while he is manager how bad would that look on the villa?

cant see it myself

my only hope is that randy doesnt want to risk his entire 200 million pound investment in a club he has taken to heart get flushed down the bog by appointing an unproven or average manager. i think he values the club slightly more than that.

if its houllier ill slit my wrists

I like Houllier! I can picture he and Martinez working together as manager and General Manager (GM) we call them here. DOF as they are known in England. Houllier working transfers and aquiring talent and Martinez getting the players ready to play the beautiful game :) I can see it! But what I WANT is Carlo.

It has been a crazy few weeks, but I have the feeling that I will be distinctly underwhelmed at the "announcement", whenever that may be. I am in a state of "not-too-botheredness" at the moment.