Italian Football

Troglodyte

42 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Lazio play a very entertaining and open style. He reminds me of Vardy actually, fantastic box player and finisher but dosen't contribute much to build up. Belotti at Torino is similar.

Yet to have the same success on the international scene though as seen in the England game.

Yeah in yay England game he was awful, should’ve had 3

18 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Lazio play a very entertaining and open style. He reminds me of Vardy actually, fantastic box player and finisher but dosen't contribute much to build up. Belotti at Torino is similar.

Yet to have the same success on the international scene though as seen in the England game.

Probably the most overrated striker in football, average player who had one very good season.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Probably the most overrated striker in football, average player who had one very good season.

Torino must be kicking themselves now, apparently rejected £50/60M bids for him in the summer.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Conspiracy alert. Stefan De Vrij concedes late penalty to allow Inter to beat Lazio in Champions League decider, he is taken off immediately

De Vrij joins Inter for next season

• Like 3

It was a brilliant game.

I like how Lazio play football do disappointed they missed out again but CL needs one if not both of the Milan clubs back in it so it's a start even if Inter have lots of work to do to be competitive in it again.

Will be their first appearence since 2012.

59 minutes ago, sne said:

Imagine Lazio will get Monaco'ed now and lose many of their top players.

Milinkovic-Savic, Felipe Anderson,  de Vrij, possibly Immobile...

To be "Monaco'ed" :lol:  I hope there's a cream for that.

• Haha 1

And while I'm here. I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Imagine, there's a whole generation of football fans out there with no idea how awesome AC Milan used to be.  To them they're just a midtable/Europa League challenger :(

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, BOF said:

And while I'm here. I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Imagine, there's a whole generation of football fans out there with no idea how awesome AC Milan used to be.  To them they're just a midtable/Europa League challenger :(

I'm fine with that.  I like cyclical football and don't want the same old teams at the top necessarily.

A whole generation of football fans know Ajax to be just another average Dutch side, but that mid-90's side was incredible.  Van der Sar, the de Boer brothers, Davids and Seedorf, Overmars and Kluivert - just such a good Dutch production line.  Also, Jari Litmanen!  Pretty sure a load of that Ajax side (who beat Milan in the CL final) ended up going to Milan as well.

• Like 1

Â