Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

I remember, when I were a lad, old folks would go into shops, pick up a newspaper, and open up the obituary page. I thought it was kind of funny, because I thought they were just looking a bit of gossip, but now I look back, it is clear they were seeing if any of their old friends died. Bit grim. 

Now you just go on facebook, I suppose. 'Oh look, Barry died.' 'How'd you find out?' 'His wife changed her relationship status.'

I remember when I was a kid, my parents were always on about somebody who'd just died - either a relative, or a friend, or some celeb that they'd liked. 

I used to think "Bloody hell, it must be bloody miserable, being them". 

I am now at that stage of life.  :mellow:

• Like 1

seriously, 'tis a VT tradition, anybody reporting any form of disease or symptom will get the following:

A: I have a bald patch

B: could be aids

A: good aids or bad aids?

B: good aids

A: thank fudge for that!

similarly, whenever anybody asks for present or gift ideas, it is VT law that somebody has to suggest a pearl necklace

If it's the case that, as a VT thread's length goes to infinity, the probability of dhutwu reference goes to 1.

I'm leaning towards yes, but there are long-lived threads that, to my knowledge, have not had a dhutwu reference, so...

Related: can "dhutwu" supplant "word removed" as the secret password for those who spend too much time on VT?

I lean towards no, simply because the latter is universal across the forum, while dhutwu seems to only be found in the Tropics of Off.

• Like 3

Â