Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Saw an Aldi advert, sure they said they sell 20k roast chickens a week in the uk, Aldi are what the 3rd or 4th biggest supermarket in the uk? So tesco, sainsburys, morrisons, asda probably selling more or similar, then you add in chicken breast sales, processed chicken sales, restaurant sales etc

thats a lot of chicken!

had a look, we eat approx 1.5m uk reared chickens a day here, 10m a week

not sure what age we eat them at, then you add in the egg market, there must be an insane number of chickens about somewhere, like 250m of them or something, in the states it must be in the billions

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

thats a lot of chicken!

2db7883f161ada0c099d6bd9627d8e65.jpg

When you take the meat from a cooked chicken and the leg bones or wing bones are broken, or the meat looks bruised, that hasn't happened in the cooking, or in transit. We've developed a chicken and feed regime that gets them up to sales weight so fast, their bones can't support them.

I like to think that my decision to over eat cheap chicken has helped end an otherwise miserable brief bloated and chaotic existence.

44 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Saw an Aldi advert, sure they said they sell 20k roast chickens a week in the uk, Aldi are what the 3rd or 4th biggest supermarket in the uk? So tesco, sainsburys, morrisons, asda probably selling more or similar, then you add in chicken breast sales, processed chicken sales, restaurant sales etc

thats a lot of chicken!

not sure what age we eat them at, then you add in the egg market, there must be an insane number of chickens about somewhere, like 250m of them or something, in the states it must be in the billions

A pal of mine, the company he works for supplies the chickens to lidel, Morrison and waitrose, exactly the same chicken from exactly the same chicken farm. Just different packaging and a couple quid on the mark up! 

On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 22:54, Ikantcpell said:

Saw on the news that the world is 40 trillion dollars in debt.

Who is it in debt to?

My missus owes me 40 quid, wonder if that's on the tally? 

I look at some shops and wonder how they stay in business, Like a wool shop. How much wool do you need to sell to cover rent, rates, utilities and a earn you a living. 

There is a hat shop near where I work. Never seen anyone in there. Ever. Been there years. Is it a front for Boko Harem? Does anyone train to be a hatter now? Or a milliner? (what's the difference?!)

When you witness a really bad piece of driving, does anyone else wish that car would smash into a wall or ditch? Saw it tonight... car speeding and zig zagging trough the lanes... I just was wishing it would hit a lamppost 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Xela said:

I look at some shops and wonder how they stay in business, Like a wool shop. How much wool do you need to sell to cover rent, rates, utilities and a earn you a living. 

There is a hat shop near where I work. Never seen anyone in there. Ever. Been there years. Is it a front for Boko Harem? Does anyone train to be a hatter now? Or a milliner? (what's the difference?!)

I went to a hat shop just this evening, in fact.   I nearly didn't make it before they closed and had to drive ridiculously fast, weaving in and out of traffic.  Some other drivers did not look well pleased as I sped by.  Nearly drove into a ditch and hit a lamppost.   I'm sure they would have cheered.   Oh, well.   I picked up a spiffy lid.  I only wish they'd had the milliner make it instead of the hatter, but she was busy on another project...

27 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

This women who sits opposite me at work, everytime a female walks past she is looking then up and down from top to bottom, not in a sexual way but in an enquisitive puzzled look kind of way.

What is going on in this lady's head?

She's just assessing the other female's position in the pecking-order, relative to her own.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

This women who sits opposite me at work, everytime a female walks past she is looking then up and down from top to bottom, not in a sexual way but in an enquisitive puzzled look kind of way.

What is going on in this lady's head?

Probably wondering if she has a dictionary :) 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, il_serpente said:

I went to a hat shop just this evening, in fact.   I nearly didn't make it before they closed and had to drive ridiculously fast, weaving in and out of traffic.  Some other drivers did not look well pleased as I sped by.  Nearly drove into a ditch and hit a lamppost.   I'm sure they would have cheered.   Oh, well.   I picked up a spiffy lid.  I only wish they'd had the milliner make it instead of the hatter, but she was busy on another project...

Image result for well played meme

James Bond from Russia with love on Tv

he started running a bath then heard a noise went out to investigate and then gave the naked Russian agent what for all night .... 

how much water leaked into the floor seeing as he didn't turn the bath off ?

25 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

James Bond from Russia with love on Tv

he started running a bath then heard a noise went out to investigate and then gave the naked Russian agent what for all night .... 

how much water leaked into the floor seeing as he didn't turn the bath off ?

That would depend on the size of his overflow.

Â