Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Why do people who think 9/11 was a conspiracy always think the Moon landings were faked? Its always all or nothing. You never hear anyone say "well, I think 9/11 was an inside job but I think the moon landing were real"

• Like 1

Re: the moon landings, quite from all the other evidence, it comes down to Occam's Razor. It would have been far more difficult (and expensive) to fake it, than to actually do it.

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 3

I don't know enough about construction or exploding jets to make any sort of guess about 9/11.

I do know that if the Yanks hadn't made it to the moon, the Russkies, who were deffo in space, would have gleefully torn the arse out of their Cold War adversary.

• Like 1

Everyone is entitled to an opinion (however outlandish). The mistake lies in concluding that all opinions are therefore equally valid.

BBCitis - the need to give everyone airtime, even patent dickheads.

• Like 2

If I was the head of NASA and I'd managed successfully to pull off a fake Apollo 11 moon landing, and everybody involved had kept their mouths shut, I'd rest on my laurels, sit back and say "There! We did it!", and hope against all experience that I wouldn't end up with egg on my face.

What I WOULDN'T do would be to push my luck by attempting to fake another FOUR landings!

Why didn't we go back? We DID!

Fair point. Im not here to offend or antagonise anyone. Just to have a discussion.

May i ask why it is offensive to you? If for example news came to light that it was not a terror attack. Do people not have the right to know.

I don't say things for the sake of it. I think its a cover up.

Trying not to break rules?

I feel the overwhelming evidence points to terrorism, and I feel its offensive to all the people that died as a result of those attacks. To suggest their own government would glibly slaughter that many people is ridiculous in my opinion. There are questions that we dont have the answers to, there are unexplainables, but that doesnt mean that it was a governement conspiracy, just that questions cant be answered.

I don't really see how it's offensive. Unpleasant yes. Not nice to think about yes. But not necessarily offensive. And that's often where these conversations break down. You can't say that. That's offensive. So we can't even discuss the idea? No it's offensive to the dead people. The dead people are offended? They are the group of people I'm least concerned about offending.

Do I think the twin towers was an inside job by the USA government? No. Do I think it happening furthered the cause of being able to invade the middle east, sell arms and get access to Middle East oil? I do think it did yes. Do I think the financial benefit accrued by the oil companies and the arms suppliers would be considered 'worth' the lives of 3000 Americans to the people who own these companies? Yes I do think that also. So from that point of view I think it's worth talking about. But any conversation that starts with, it was a government conspiracy is not going to get anywhere. 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion (however outlandish). The mistake lies in concluding that all opinions are therefore equally valid.

After the day I've had, this seems rather apt. If I could be bothered, I'd repost it in the "things that cheer you up" thread.  :thumb:

• Like 1

Re: the moon landings, quite from all the other evidence, it comes down to Occam's Razor. It would have been far more difficult (and expensive) to fake it, than to actually do it.

I love how at Kennedy space centre they have a theatre with a mock up of the moon and a 1/4 size landing buggy, lunar module and astronaut... a love letter to 

conspiracy folks

It is actually fact that the moon landings took place.

There is enough proper, actual, concrete, legitimate evidence out there that it is a fact. A proper real life fact.

If you don't believe in them then you're entitled to your opinion, but you're wrong. That is also a fact.

If you said you believed in God then I wouldn't say you were wrong. I don't agree with you, but I wouldn't say you were wrong.

But if you believe that man didn't land on the moon, then you are wrong.

Edit: on that note, one of my favourite threads on VT ever was the one about the moon landings. PAges and pages of stuff and it was all absolutely brilliant. Interesting, informative and myth busting. Probably my favourite ever.

Unfortunately it got pruned :( Devastating. 

Edited by Stevo985

Edit: on that note, one of my favourite threads on VT ever was the one about the moon landings. PAges and pages of stuff and it was all absolutely brilliant. Interesting, informative and myth busting. Probably my favourite ever.

Unfortunately it got pruned :( Devastating. 

This one?

Â