Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

I'm surprised people that buy into everything the gutter press prints (and a lot do) don't top themselves out of constant fear.

The spiders, the dark pigmented men, a cough and sneeze, the aeroplanes, the little girls, arrrrgh, what isn't trying to kill me?

I'm not trying to kill you :ph34r:

What sort of shopping is the most satisfying?

If you don't like shopping are you mall-content?

I went into a shop and the assistant sold me the exact opposite of what I'd gone in for, I was really happy with my purchase; I guess she was counter-intuitive.

• Like 2

I'm surprised people that buy into everything the gutter press prints (and a lot do) don't top themselves out of constant fear.

The spiders, the dark pigmented men, a cough and sneeze, the aeroplanes, the little girls, arrrrgh, what isn't trying to kill me?

You have a beard. I'm sure men with beards have done some killing, so you must be.

Daily Mail teaches me to generalise.

• Like 1

You have a beard. I'm sure men with beards have done some killing, so you must be.

Daily Mail teaches me to generalise.

And I'm foreign! :o

Who are the Vamps and why are they butchering a Simon and Garfunkel song live (questionable) on television?

I believe they are one of those horrendous boy bands that need wiping from the earth. I thought the word Vamp was meant to be reserved for females with a bit of a wicked side to them, not a bunch of soft lads pretending they're rock stars.

Who are the Vamps and why are they butchering a Simon and Garfunkel song live (questionable) on television?

I believe they are one of those horrendous boy bands that need wiping from the earth. I thought the word Vamp was meant to be reserved for females with a bit of a wicked side to them, not a bunch of soft lads pretending they're rock stars.

A modern beat-combo, you say?

I remember the years of trying to persuade my dad that the latest band I was into were ace, only for him to sneer that he'd seen it all before. Twenty years later and I totally get it now. There is nothing new in the world. Record companies will forever put together bands of vaguely talented, good looking youngsters and market the living daylights out of them, regardless of any quality in their offering. Every 4th hit is a cover and bobs' yer uncle, guaranteed success for 18 months followed by a lifetime of regret (for the band members and those who purchased their material). 

I used to be utterly obsessed with music but when I look back through the thousands of cd's and LP's I've got, the overwhelming majority will be a source of some embarrassment. But to keep things on-topic, I wonder how much I've spent on music over the years? 

I used to buy an album a week in MVC and I go through my collection and I'm happy with most of it, bar Big Willy Style, Limp Bizkit and WWF Aggression. I still can't bring myself to get rid of any of it. My music buying has almost completely stopped over the last 3 or 4 years though.

Â