Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

This isn't really something I often wonder, but I've been thinking about it a ton tonight. I was in a car with some friends, and 10 minutes after they dropped me off at my house, they got cut off by a drunk driver and their car flipped. Now, they're all mostly okay, it was mostly just cuts and one got a concussion, but it made me think about how quick everything can end.

We spend years going through school, working, saving for retirement, etc, all this stuff partially to help for the future, but in an instant all of the work you've done, all the things you've thought about, all the effort you've put into everything can be ended without any prior warning. Just seems kinda crazy to me.

Maybe life is designed and when your time is up your time is up , it just wasn't your turn that day.... Main thing for me is how you lived , not how you die , ( I probably nicked that line from a film as it doesn't strike me as one of mine but I like it none the less )

Or a line in a film I've seen: Mais l'important c'est pas la chute, c'est l'aterrissage

It's not how you fall, it's how you land

Edited by yillan

Why does the occasional fart have no scent?

Farts smell because of poo dust, duh. If there's poo in your bum and you fart then the gas passes through the poo, collects poo dust and then releases it to the world. If your farts don't smell then there's no poo dust. I believe that is scientific fact.

• Like 1

Why does the occasional fart have no scent?

Farts smell because of poo dust, duh. If there's poo in your bum and you fart then the gas passes through the poo, collects poo dust and then releases it to the world. If your farts don't smell then there's no poo dust. I believe that is scientific fact.

I believe some people on VT use a vacuum cleaner to keep the area dust free.

A little bit of Mr Sheen up there can also work wonders.

I tend to not think about it to much but yes its frightening that it can all be over just like that. Never gave it much thought but once I had kids its something that rears its ugly head now and again. If its going to happen its going to happen,aslong as I don't have to bury my kids I'll be happy with that,infact that's the one wish I would have if I could have anything.

The McCanns wished for that too.  Be careful...

• Like 1

Why are women more attractive with straight hair than curly hair?

Matter of opinion, and depends on the woman concerned. Kate Humble (for example) wouldn't be the same with straight hair. 

I quite like curls. 

I wonder if I have the bumpiest shin bones in the world. Veritable mountain ranges, they are.

Because of the treeline or the snowline?

It's the wild animals and queues of mountaineers that's the giveaway.

I wonder if I have the bumpiest shin bones in the world. Veritable mountain ranges, they are.

Because of the treeline or the snowline?

It's the wild animals and queues of mountaineers that's the giveaway.

... and the yodelling.

• Like 1

Seriously though, being an ex-film student myself I was thinking about the mechanics of filming you with people of more average height. I suspect the jib was thoroughly well-used. If that doesn't sound like a euphemism I'm not sure what does.

• Like 1

Â