Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

Win Percentages

O'Neill at Aston Villa - 42.11%

Houllier at Villa - 39.00%

Mark Hughes

Blackburn Rovers - 43.62%

Manchester City - 46.75%

Fulham - 32.56% (A lot of draws lower percentage)

?

so his last club his win ratio is less than either MON or houllier

great

and to be fair about it lets also include the stats for MON and houllier at their previous clubs

without proper calculation i see

houllier averages a win ratio around 52.5% including his villa reign his points per game is 1.82

Wheres this from?

In 33 games under Houllier and GMac we won 10 league games in 33 a 30% win ratio. If you take out the 5 games that GMac was in charge then in 28 league games under Houllier we won 8 a 28% win ratio.

I presume the other calculation includes cup games which shouldn't be used for working out points per game ratios. Houlllier/Gmacs points per game ratio was 1.24 taking out the 5 games GMac was in charge on his own it was 1.17.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumour is that Sky Italia have said that Ancelotti has turned down Roma and will become Villa manager.

About 20 odd pages late mate, was posted before Hughes was sacked.

Hughes advisor is on TalkSport now saying he has not had any contact with Villa, that it is just paper speculation.

Bet he didn't say Hughes wasen't interested in comming to Villa though...

Yeah and why would he, he would be ruling himself out if he did that, destroying his job prospects of managing Villa.

Please not Hughes! Please not Hughes! Please not Hughes!

Why not, I dont understand all this anti hughes, him and ancelotti are the best people for the job

Hughes is just mediocre. At a time when we need an inspirational manager signing in order to restore some faith and keep our best players, I think Hughes would just be a disappointment.

What I don't get is all the talk about Owen Coyle? Hell, why not go for Paul Jewell.

Bring back MM petition anyone? He still reads, maybe we could put a blanket ban on abuse towards him.

It was nothing to do with anyone abusing him for saying ITK stuff, I'm sure he's big enough to stand up to any abuse.

Nothing to do with someone from the club muting him either.

Of all the options available then Ancelotti is the stand out name. Hughes, Moyes, McLaren, Coyle etc. would be a negative step.

If Lerner was trying to start some sort of continental revolution when he appointed Houllier then not to appoint someone of the calibre of Ancelotti and go for the boring safe names would be going backwards.

Ancellotti no brainer

If not, Benitez - tho' I hate him almost as much as Redknapp, and hate myself for saying it (he is next the closest thing to a winner that is available) then Jol (got close with Spurs).

After that the others are much of a muchness, Hughes, Moyes...

If we ofer Ancellotti top whack plus a £100m transfer kitty we will sell 30000 plus season tickets, keep Downing, regain Milner, and finish Top 5 minimum next year - got to be worth it Randy, it's only money ! :D

Please not Hughes! Please not Hughes! Please not Hughes!

Why not, I dont understand all this anti hughes, him and ancelotti are the best people for the job

Hughes is just mediocre. At a time when we need an inspirational manager signing in order to restore some faith and keep our best players, I think Hughes would just be a disappointment.

What I don't get is all the talk about Owen Coyle? Hell, why not go for Paul Jewell.

What about him is Mediocre, back up what u say with truth, did u see what he did for blackburn, they where well and truly up shit creek without a paddle until he turned up, he could be a success at villa I reckon

Sky Italia now saying Ancelotti turned us down.
How accurate are they? I hope not very! I went on a translated page and it said someone was about to be appointed Roma boss, so i think he would come to us.

Sky Italia now saying Ancelotti turned us down.
How accurate are they? I hope not very! I went on a translated page and it said someone was about to be appointed Roma boss, so i think he would come to us.

Can we have some links to these translated pages guys!

http://wp.me/ptkZo-2ZZ

Apparently so...

Nobody knows anything concrete. Until Ancelotti or the club rule it out officially everyone is just speculating. He said he would manage West Ham, so I'm sure we can persuade him to manage Aston Villa, regardless of us not being in London.

The four I think the board have in mind are Ancelotti, Moyes, Hughes and Benitez. Matt Kendrick broke the story about Ancelotti and he was spot on 20 minutes before the statement was out so I'm not writing anything off.

UTV.