dudevillaisnice

Cahill? He had a shot, damn that was right infront of me :oops: I honestly can't remember :? This isn't purposeful I just seriously don't!

Anyway, the thing that annoyed me most was just his sheer inconsistency.

Yeah must have been Cahill. If you go on Virgin media highlights I think it's about 1 minute 20 or so in

However - ref - it was as if he made decisions to make up for decisions that he missed or wasn't brave enough to blow the whistle for. If I hate anything in a ref it's that. Don't be in the job if you're scared or swayed by fans ffs

It was when Arteta had the shot (I think Arteta) from the left hand side of the goal and Friedel parried it out, in the first half when you were attacking Gwladys stand

I know what incident you mean pal.

Cahill had the shot, Friedel parried, it came to Curtis Davies who cleared to his right only because a late sliding tackle came in and jolted his kicking foot back. Then I think it was Gabby that miscontrolled the ball and it went out for a throw.

Definitely should have been a free kick to us. Poor decision.

• 3 weeks later...

If we get a striker,like pazzini(the latest linked) i would be happy.Playin some brilliant football lately as well and full of confidence.Arteta was sensational today and is lookin fantastic in the middle now.Fellaini is class,cant believe he is only just 21.He offers a huge threat in the air but loves to keep it simple on the floor.The main thing is that the fight is back.I am a hell of a lot happier now than when i had my rant.

I actually fear Everton more than Arsenal at the moment for 4th place.

The reason? After an abysmal opening 6 weeks to the season, the quartet of Howard, Yobo, Lescott and Jagielka have all remembered how to defend properly again (apart from one match since then of course! :lol: ) So with them regularly keeping clean sheets again and despite having no strikers, one of their midfielders is always likely to conjour a goal from nowhere so the winning formula is back.

i do expect the way football works that they'll pick up their home form now and their away form will dip.

I definitely think you would be an idiot to ignore the threat from Everton. Only 3 points behind us, (ok we have a game in hand but anything could happen Tuesday) and playing well, but most importantly playing with confidence. They just seem to sneak up on you from nowhere. I don't think they will be too far behind us come May.

I quite like Everton, always have done. Back to Kevin Sheedy and that team.

However, they rely very heavily on Tim Cahill. He scores loads of goals - just nicks winners for them.

But in the past couple of years, he has been injured for several months at a time and they struggle big time.

If Cahill stays fit, then they are a serious challenge for 4th place. Time will tell.

Arteta moving back to the centre has been key.Been in inspired form lately.And as much as i cant believe i am saying this,since mid october he has been brilliant...edit: he being phil neville :oops:

Hull next for them, then Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United in a row?

If they're within 6 points at the end of that lot, then I might be concerned. Right now, I'm just concentrating on our own magnificent form.

:shock: I didn't realise they had such hard fixtures coming up, we really will see what they're made of won't we.

Hull next for them, then Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United in a row?

If they're within 6 points at the end of that lot, then I might be concerned. Right now, I'm just concentrating on our own magnificent form.

:shock: I didn't realise they had such hard fixtures coming up, we really will see what they're made of won't we.

I suspect we'll see that they're not made of enough. Not enough to challenge for 4th anyway. Now depending on what happens with either ourselves or Arsenal they're in with a shout for 5th, but can anyone really see them coming close to 70 points? I guess anything is possible in this game....

Â