dudevillaisnice

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Another nail in Dyche Everton coffin, i see some fans are restless and want him gone already.

They'd be mad to do that, not because Dyche is brilliant but because nobody sensible is going to take that job, especially when they could easily end up getting a 6 or 10 point deduction in October. It's actually possible they could get to the end of October on fewer points than they have now. 

2 hours ago, Artetasgirl said:

If we go down, we go down. The owners deserve it, as do a bunch of the players. Our problems run far greater than Dyche and don't look like they will be changing any time soon. You circle the drain so many times, only so many times you stay up. 

The club is rotten to the core and until that rot is gone, nothing will change. The ones left are the fans who are the ones who are hurt the most. 

Welcome back. Sorry it’s not good.

Sounds exactly like us when we went down tbh.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

They'd be mad to do that, not because Dyche is brilliant but because nobody sensible is going to take that job, especially when they could easily end up getting a 6 or 10 point deduction in October. It's actually possible they could get to the end of October on fewer points than they have now. 

I think they are like us when going down that they are accepting going down or in a battle but want a bit of fight/entertainment

Dyche will bore them to death

4 hours ago, Artetasgirl said:

If we go down, we go down. The owners deserve it, as do a bunch of the players. Our problems run far greater than Dyche and don't look like they will be changing any time soon. You circle the drain so many times, only so many times you stay up. 

The club is rotten to the core and until that rot is gone, nothing will change. The ones left are the fans who are the ones who are hurt the most. 

This sounds so much like us circa 2015 it's crazy 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Artetasgirl said:

Been there, done that. Got the t-shirt.

It sucks as all Villa fans know.

I had a look on Wolves forum and most of them were in agreement that the only reason they won was because Sa kept them in the game, so maybe Everton weren't so bad across the entire game, they were apparently unlucky against Fulham too.

They might be in a relegation battle this season, and may end up actually getting relegated, but they would have to be incredibly bad to be as bad as we were in 2015/16 season, we only won three games all season, at one point early in the season we took one point from ten games, and then managed to beat that at the end of the season taking just one point from the last thirteen games.

The Watfod game always sticks in my mind from that season we were winning 2-1 going into injury time but still managed to lose 3-2 and somehow it didn't come as surprise at all, and that that happened just felt normal by that season's standards, whereas normally to lose a game like that would feel gutting.

The tragic thing is we had already been poor for a while before that season but went into it with new optimism after signing the likes of Amavi, Veretout, Ayew, and Adama Traore, but ended up being even worse, we did still manage to beat small heath that season in the cup though.

8 hours ago, Artetasgirl said:

There's a name I haven't heard for a long while, welcome back. 

At least reading a Villa forum should give you hope that there is a way back. You may have to go our route - relegation and become a bargain buy for new owners. You just have to hope they're good ones. We only got lucky at the second time of asking. 

Watching these highlights it’s amazing they didn’t score yesterday. Looks like a real smash and grab from Wolves. They were unlucky against Fulham as well.

If they get a striker to put away some of these chances they will probably have enough to stay up. 

They face Doncaster rovers next week in the league cup and its live on sky. As we all know from recent cup history, it’s horrible to be on the Tv when you are at a low ebb and there is the potential for a giant killing

i remember when we drew with Wycombe in jan 2016 in our relegation season, they forced a replay and the fans turned on our players near the coach. This is a game they really need to win to get the confidence back 

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Watching these highlights it’s amazing they didn’t score yesterday. Looks like a real smash and grab from Wolves. They were unlucky against Fulham as well.

If they get a striker to put away some of these chances they will probably have enough to stay up. 

I remember one of the games under Sherwood like this. It might have been Swansea and we created a lot of good chances and they got a late undeserved winner

I seem to be in a minority of people who are convinced they’ll stay up. They’ll do the bare minimum to stay up (again) but they’ve got a nack of getting results when they really really need to. 

13 hours ago, villan95 said:

Guess we'll see. If him and Adams can get 15 between them that will be infinitely better than last anything they had last season though 😅

Joking aside, that may well be about 60% of their league goals.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Rev said:

I seem to be in a minority of people who are convinced they’ll stay up. They’ll do the bare minimum to stay up (again) but they’ve got a nack of getting results when they really really need to. 

I think with Dyche style they wont win or even try to win many away games and they have thrown away two of the easier home games already

12 hours ago, Artetasgirl said:

I think this is sadly true and a familiar story thst we all know too well. I hope Everton turn things around I’ve always thought that they are a proper club with proper fans unlike the clowns across Stanley Park. Now we’re on a different tragectory I can be generous and look at Everton’s results with sympathy, not pity, and thankfully no longer any relevance to our own plight. Good luck for the future and the new stadium which looks spectacular. I’ve got a feeling though thst things will possibly get worse before they get better. That’s obviously speaking from experience. I hope you finally get the owners you deserve like we did. I’d rather be fighting it out with you lot at the top end of the table rather than the bottom. Provided that we are more successful than yourselves obviously. A trip back to the 80s anyone?

10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Is it actually likely they'll be getting a points deduction?

12 hours ago, Artetasgirl said:

Replace the word "Dyche" for "Garde", and this is identical to the kind of posts we had on here just under 8 years ago about us.

3 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Goalscoring obviously an issue, but their defence and GK is also suspect, which is not great if you are trying the standard Dyche nick a goal and win it 1-0 approach.

The Wolves goalscorer was only about 5 yards out when he headed it with Pickford actually behind the goal line when it went in, and Tarkowski again caught out positionally - we dodged a bullet with him, given the clown previously in charge here wanted to sign him and on big money.

They were all over the place at the back against us as well.

Â