dudevillaisnice

5 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

The longer they leave frank in charge the more they will be adrift at the bottom soon enough, they have West Ham away next weekend they ain’t winning that even though West Ham are awful this season, they will be in the new stadium in the championship 

Only team who hasn't played Arsenal this season aswell.

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

everton have a shit squad. Will go down I tihnk, along with Bournemouth. But west ham in trouble too

I'd love it if West Ham got relegated. Glorified Championship club.*

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 2

Everton have really bad players. I know Lampard is shit but that team is really poor. Such neglect over the years. They’d do well to make top 6 in the championship. I think another guy could squeeze a bit more out of them but it’s a bit of a myth that they are massively underperforming. That team is similar to our relegation year. The funny thing is their fanbase still won’t think they’ll go down. Ahh i remember that naivety all too well 7 years ago. Wait until March or so when they are still there - then it gets real. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Everton have really bad players. I know Lampard is shit but that team is really poor. Such neglect over the years. They’d do well to make top 6 in the championship. I think another guy could squeeze a bit more out of them but it’s a bit of a myth that they are massively underperforming. That team is similar to our relegation year. The funny thing is their fanbase still won’t think they’ll go down. Ahh i remember that naivety all too well 7 years ago. Wait until March or so when they are still there - then it gets real. 

Dunno I had a quick browse of their forums and not only do many think they will go down, some even think they could go bust due to their financial situation.

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

This will be curtains for Frank. Losing at home against 20th place Soton will be too much to tolerate.

22 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They're having our 15/16 season right now.

5 defeats out of their last six at Goodison.

Lampard surely sacked in next 24 hours.

18 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Frank will be out. Possibly as soon as tonight. I suspect they’ll already have Dyche lined up to come in and shithouse their way to a few points. Horrible Jurassic manager.

Didn’t Lampard just get the vote of confidence from the directors / owners? Absolutely no chance he gets sacked one game after that, it would be unheard of.

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Didn’t Lampard just get the vote of confidence from the directors / owners? Absolutely no chance he gets sacked one game after that, it would be unheard of.

Would it really be unheard of? If the board are having to come out publicly to boost the manager then he’s probably on borrowed time.

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

You do know that “ the vote of confidence “ in football is actually the deathknell ? Weird i know but the sack tends to come soon after. I’d be shocked if he takes training Monday. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I knew we were fooked as soon as we lost at home versus Watford that year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Moshiri said similar about Benitez last season and sacked him two weeks later when they lost at Norwich.

Same will happen here.

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

I knew we were fooked as soon as we lost at home versus Watford that year.

I thought much earlier. We lost at home to West Brom 1-0 in late September and I looked at our team and just thought we had nothing in the final third compared to other poor Villa teams and so it proved.

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

Will this end Lampard's managerial prospects, or will he get the benefit of the doubt of managing an absolutely dire squad?

He should be judged harshly too i think. The guy has got a leg up since day one. Gets Tomori and Mount at Derby, losing a playoff final qualified him for the Chelsea job and Everton getting that is a big gig too. Let him piss off down to league 2 if he’s serious about management and learn his craft. The guy hardly needs the money 

• Like 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

I thought much earlier. We lost at home to West Brom 1-0 in late September and I looked at our team and just thought we had nothing in the final third compared to other poor Villa teams and so it proved.

I was hoping on the new managerial bounce, which was like a dead cat.  In regards to Everton I just hope we look at them as a lesson in how not to do things. They spent a fortune and now look odds on for relegation. A utter shambles of a once proud club.

With regards to when I felt the writing was on the wall when we went down, that Watford game was a factor but funnily enough, we played Everton a week before and lost 4-0. 

The Man City draw prior to those two gave me a bit of hope Garde could salvage something. But those two defeats following it really took out much if not all of that hope.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I was hoping on the new managerial bounce, which was like a dead cat.  In regards to Everton I just hope we look at them as a lesson in how not to do things. They spent a fortune and now look odds on for relegation. A utter shambles of a once proud club.

Ah **** em. They’re Tranmere in white. 

Â