dudevillaisnice

9 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

For sure, but the only thing that stopped us being Sunderland was two takeovers in relatively quick succession. 

Where as Lerner managed to shift us to Dr. Tony quickly enough and he (or whoever he was a front for) managed to invest enough to keep us competitive in the Championship...Ellis Short wasn't quite as 'lucky' and Sunderland dropped again immediately, their takeover going through too late. They're a pretty good view of what would've happened had Lerner not sold.

(And more realistically, Bury or Derby show what would've happened had Dr. Tony not sold).

We've gotten very lucky with the timing our takeovers have all happened..it'll be sad to see Everton become Sunderland, they'll need to get very lucky too. 

The thing with our takeovers, particularly in the case of NSWE, it was as much about luck as it was too do with our stature and pedigree - a club available for Championship prices with Premier League facilities is a tempting prospect.

Everton have a similar standing as we do, so there's every chance they'll be snapped up by good owners too.

• Like 1

Everton should just sack lampard while they have the chance. Yes will cost money BUT a nrw manager potenially keeps them up is better financially for them.

They should have just kept big dunc until end of season instead of getting someone as hopeless as lampard 

I still feel they'll pull a couple of results from no where and manage to get out of it. People bring up their fixtures but Leicester (like us with Burnley) really don't have anything to play for. Arsenal on the final day it could be that Arsenal have nothing to play for. I have a sneaking suspicion they might get something from Man Utd this weekend.

If the worst does happen to Everton it'll be a double edged sword - like when we went down, they'll lose some good players, alot of very bad ones and get a chance to rebuild. Provided the owners don't go into meltdown and not reinvest the parachute money or give it to a hack like Lampard who'll blow it on dross they'll have a good chance of bouncing back up. I quite enjoyed the Championship when we went down and you look at what we achieved to get promoted with our 10 game winning run - that can't happen in the Premier League for a team like Villa. It was also nice being the big fish in that division - teams coming to Villa Park and raising their game because they wanted to beat the giants of the division.

36 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Everton should just sack lampard while they have the chance. Yes will cost money BUT a nrw manager potenially keeps them up is better financially for them.

They should have just kept big dunc until end of season instead of getting someone as hopeless as lampard 

If I read anything from the Gerrard thread you have to give a manager 50 games no matter how poor performances are

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If I read anything from the Gerrard thread you have to give a manager 50 games no matter how poor performances are

Yeah but at least gerrards managed to actually win games. Lampards been a failure everywhere he is gone. His best stint was at derby County 

Everton are bottom of the form table since Lampard was appointed, we've taken eight more points than them in that time over twelve games, which over a season would average out to twenty plus more points. So again comparing Gerrard to Lampard doesn't really make sense.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I've read a few people saying things like this. He's managed them in 5 games and won one. He's managed to become this myth of a manager in waiting because he turns up and has a pint with the fans and looks like he cares. You may as well just pull someone out of the stands.

• Like 1

Funny how they all wanted Lampard and not that Portugeezer. I used to quite like Everton but their fans havent come across well in recent years; Not to mention their yobs attacking our boys at Goodison. Cheers for the 6 points and I hope they lose their ever-present PL status. That will knock them down a peg or two.

• Like 1

I still think it will be very close at the end of this season, Everton and Burnley likely to get 6 or 7 more points each. Would love it though if Leeds or NUFC stalled and found themselves close to it.

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

I still think it will be very close at the end of this season, Everton and Burnley likely to get 6 or 7 more points each.

jGwBQuCM5mh8-qY7tgd-iAObG_U8sDfmrU-lGmJf_fc.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s=795e97e9ea6e70dbfd703d9e57a45e565e8ec247

You always expect a team to pull a win out and surprise people, but I just don't see where 6 points are coming from. You'd think Brentford and Palace will have absolutely nothing to play for, but Everton are so bad I don't know if it matters.

Burnley play Southampton and Norwich which are every winnable games, they also play Watford, and I think they'll have more fight in them for it than Everton do. We'll see, but my money would be on Everton going down, probably in 19th. 

4 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

I agree with your points but Dele Alli was free, plus £10m after 20 appearances (which was never possible for him to hit this season).

Whilst it hasn't worked, I can still see why that deal got done

Got the feeling they'll have put a relegation release clause in it as his wages would be insane for championship so will likely just be moved on end of the season and someone you'll even forget was at Everton in 2-3 years time.

If they haven't that sums up how badly they're run as he has little motivation currently to even become a good premier league midfielder again.

16 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

jGwBQuCM5mh8-qY7tgd-iAObG_U8sDfmrU-lGmJf_fc.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s=795e97e9ea6e70dbfd703d9e57a45e565e8ec247

You always expect a team to pull a win out and surprise people, but I just don't see where 6 points are coming from. You'd think Brentford and Palace will have absolutely nothing to play for, but Everton are so bad I don't know if it matters.

Burnley play Southampton and Norwich which are every winnable games, they also play Watford, and I think they'll have more fight in them for it than Everton do. We'll see, but my money would be on Everton going down, probably in 19th. 

Just got a feeling that Everton still have a bit of quality in that team who could make the difference at least once - they'll need some luck though. That said they had their two pens last night and still bottled it!

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Got the feeling they'll have put a relegation release clause in it as his wages would be insane for championship so will likely just be moved on end of the season and someone you'll even forget was at Everton in 2-3 years time.

If they haven't that sums up how badly they're run as he has little motivation currently to even become a good premier league midfielder again.

He will be the Everton Micah Richards. He is going nowhere 

If Palace can be bothered (and I guess they want to finish top 10 and above likes of ourselves) then Zaha and Olise would rip that Everton backline apart which they did in FA Cup recently.

Of the above brentford looks most winnable but again just gone to Chelsea and scored four and Eriksen is miles above anything in Everton's midfield so no good them charging forward and leaving acres in central midfield.

Think they'll lose Watford away if Sarr is fit. Watford scored five at Goodison earlier this season and have better forwards than Burnley.

4 hours ago, Chicken Field said:

I guess that's what I get for only reading headlines :P

The transfer fee doesn't seem that bad then :) Still a horrific month. 

Horrific I think was selling Digne and bringing in two sub standard full backs one of which has hardly played and is now out for the season. And of course signing Alli for any money even if that money is just his wages (awful player)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Horrific I think was selling Digne and bringing in two sub standard full backs one of which has hardly played and is now out for the season. And of course signing Alli for any money even if that money is just his wages (awful player)

Mykolenko could be brilliant but needs to adapt plus what is happening at home no way his mind is on the game

• Like 1

Â