dudevillaisnice

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

They probably should have kept Ferguson from January and they would have stayed up then chose a proper manager in the summer 

Even if Lampard perfoms a miracle and keeps them up 😂😂😂 they are favourites to go down next season 

I wouldn't go that far....Lampard will probably call in a loan or two from Chelsea or elsewhere and they might have an o.k and more motivated 11.

Wouldn't shock me if they were 12th or 13th next December and sacked him but that could easily happen to us and Gerrard.

Pretty sure I read they might get away with exceeding FFP as -9 deduction would knacker them given their current state if applied in August.

I think they'll absorb this season and go back to steady mid table for a few years until the next bad managerial appointment.

As I've said a few times they're basically having our 11/12 season and it took us a further four seasons to actually go down which was some achievement when you look at what we were generally signing in those years.

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think I can clear this one up @The_Rev

BannedfromHandV is reacting to this post:

Which he's read as the "the police, who were in possession of his vehicle at the time of the event" but which I'm guessing is intended as "he's failed to notify the police as to who it was that was in possession of his vehicle at the time".

I'm two days late, and largely irrelevant, but you're welcome!

Might steal this (anonymised) for a class on meaning unit boundaries, unless anyone objects.

/boringteachingpost

• Like 1

Well, they played well for the first 15 minutes… 

i can see absolutely no positives in their team and the way they play. 

they will need other teams to be worse than them to survive as I cannot see them saving themselves.

Absolutely woeful team 

On 19/03/2022 at 11:56, foreveryoung said:

Random, but just saw Demari Grey in the apartments opposite us. Was stuck behind the electric gates in his car for about half hour, they wouldn't open (McComack style). Not sure what he was doing round here?

He’s from Birmingham so probably has a pad here when visiting family.

• Like 1

Palace is one of the "winnable" home games they have left.

Different feel on that day of course as Palace are just stuck in mid table and may be in FA cup final but after watching that today you wouldn't be confident of winning that.

To me they have a look of us in 15/16. Competitive at 0-0 but just give up as soon as they go a goal down. Would love to know how many points Everton have claimed from losing positions this season.

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Palace is one of the "winnable" home games they have left.

Different feel on that day of course as Palace are just stuck in mid table and may be in FA cup final but after watching that today you wouldn't be confident of winning that.

To me they have a look of us in 15/16. Competitive at 0-0 but just give up as soon as they go a goal down. Would love to know how many points Everton have claimed from losing positions this season.

Joint 2nd highest with 11 points from losing positions. 

26 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Joint 2nd highest with 11 points from losing positions. 

Very surprised at that!

Can't be any in last few months as their only wins were scoring first goal v Newcastle and Leeds.

Just checked and it was that early honeymoon period under Benitez, were 1 down at home to Burnley and Southampton and got 3-1 wins.

They offered nothing today as soon as went 1 down and was similar at Spurs.

36 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

In fairness I cant think of many we claimed

Just now, Zatman said:

In fairness I cant think of many we claimed

Was a huge problem under DS. This season though even under Gerrard we got the 2-2 v Man. United and also came from behind v Leicester. Also technically Leeds although certainly didn't feel that way.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Was a huge problem under DS. This season though even under Gerrard we got the 2-2 v Man. United and also came from behind v Leicester. Also technically Leeds although certainly didn't feel that way.

I think a draw vs Brentford as well and that was it 

5 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

That’s what Lampard has been criticized for, blaming the players. One would hope Gerrard is smarter.

And Lampard’s man management skills are questioned again after accusing players of not having bollocks. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/mar/20/frank-lampard-accuses-everton-players-of-lacking-bollocks-after-fa-cup-loss

This is good too: Frank explaining how Everton lost by conceding a bunch of average fluke goals.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue

Lampard has to be gone in the summer no matter what happens, surely. It was a poor performance, but a few weeks in the job, publicly asking if the players have the bollocks to play. Yikes.

16 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Lampard has to be gone in the summer no matter what happens, surely. It was a poor performance, but a few weeks in the job, publicly asking if the players have the bollocks to play. Yikes.

His after match comments were very amusing. Totally refusing to accept any responsibility for the team mentality as it was like it before he arrived! 

it may have been, but what has he done to address it - absolutely nothing! 

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Is it that different to Gerrard saying players didn't have a clue on the gameplan yesterday?

Lampard hasn't been great so far but Everton spiraling out of control regardless.

His one full season at championship level Derby got to play off final so to me makes sense to keep him around and hope he can built a young and hungrier team than what they have now in the long run.

• Like 1

On 19/03/2022 at 11:56, foreveryoung said:

Random, but just saw Demari Grey in the apartments opposite us. Was stuck behind the electric gates in his car for about half hour, they wouldn't open (McComack style). Not sure what he was doing round here?

I thought he still lived in Barnt Green? Might have been visiting friends. 

Edited by Xela

Â