Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

It is a tough one. Would anyone agree that the symbolism of selling Bent would be a lot more harmful that losing what he brings to the team?

I know we have always lost players, but the selling of Bent in my eyes really puts us back in the 'also-rans' (I know that is where we are in the league).

I am torn.

I liked Imbruglia's version better.

I did think of you when the lyrics came up....

"I'm cold and I am chained

Lying naked on the floor"

If we sell Bent that is it for the board for me. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this view either. I thought selling Downing was going too far, but selling Bent would be an absolute disaster. The only reason why he's not banging them in this season is because of our completely inept manager. If we sell Bent then we are signaling that we WILL sell EVERY decent player we will ever have under Lerner.

Agreed, watch him go there and bang in 15 in 15 and fire them in to the CL, because thats what good players do. Keep him!! We cant keep selling every good player we've got, it's ridiculous. And if we arent careful it'll end up in a relegation scrap.

If we sell Bent that is it for the board for me. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this view either. I thought selling Downing was going too far, but selling Bent would be an absolute disaster. The only reason why he's not banging them in this season is because of our completely inept manager. If we sell Bent then we are signaling that we WILL sell EVERY decent player we will ever have under Lerner.

Just imagine if he sold Gabby at the same window. :shock: And before someone says Gabby love us...Well, he can't love us that much considering he was gonna leave if Houllier was here for another season. Talk about being bitter because he wasn't playing him every game.

There is absolutely no good in him leaving, i'm baffled as to how some can think otherwise :

He is currently our top scorer

He is an england international currently

He is a striker we have all been calling out for years

I can't think of any positives at all.. I do wonder if this is linked to Keane, Bent out Keane in on loan is easily the worst thing to happen.

Dark times i'm afraid.

How close are we to 'balancing the books'. It seems we could sell every player and replace them with conference players, yet the board will still want us to reduce the wage bill. This whole financial fair play is total bullshit. We're not going to reach the top 6 again so why is it still being used as an excuse?

Would be very disappointed to lose Bent but people need to think this may not just be down to the board or the manager. There is only one reason Bent is even here in the first place and that is money nothing else. Add that to the fact he can get a similar amount elsewhere at a better club and the rumours that he and Gabby dont get on then he may be engineering this move himself and there is little that can be done.

No doubt i'll hear something about Levy and Modric, well well done to Spurs but this window hasnt closed yet and Modric has already said he wouldnt dismiss a move still. Its only a matter of time before he moves on as well. Once a player wants a move or has had his head turned there is little that can be done.

There is only one reason Bent is even here in the first place and that is money nothing else.

Not sure on that.

When he came he had Downing/Ash at the club I think he genuinely thought he could score goals for fun whilst those two were around (and to be fair he did) but now those two are gone it's hardly surprising the goals stats aren't the same as last season either.

There is only one reason Bent is even here in the first place and that is money nothing else.

Not sure on that.

When he came he had Downing/Ash at the club I think he genuinely thought he could score goals for fun whilst those two were around (and to be fair he did) but now those two are gone it's hardly surprising the goals stats aren't the same as last season either.

Except that the 80k that is often banded around may well be a quite conservative estimate and its well over 100k. The same rumours of him and Gab not getting on are also where this higher wage has been mentioned. I'd like to hear if MM knows.

How close are we to 'balancing the books'.

It seems we could sell every player and replace them with conference players, yet the board will still want us to reduce the wage bill.

This whole financial fair play is total bullshit. We're not going to reach the top 6 again so why is it still being used as an excuse?

we're pretty close to balancing the books, once the out-of contract players leave this summer, we will have some spare wage capacity.

The FFP is not bullshit, it needs to be done, not just by us, but by everyone. what if we fluked a League Cup and then found out we couldn't play in Europe because we had spent too much.

Also, even without the FFP rules, its just common sense, you can't keep running the club at a huge loss year after year.

Not sure on that.

Except that the 80k that is often banded around may well be a quite conservative estimate and its well over 100k. The same rumours of him and Gab not getting on are also where this higher wage has been mentioned. I'd like to hear if MM knows.

Bent didn't come here just for the money. Very ignorant to say otherwise.

I'm not denying money played a part but to say "nothing else" played a part in his decision to move is wrong imo.

He also got into the england squad more since his move.

Not sure on that.

Thanks for the reasoning. I think its very ignorant to think that he didnt.

You worked out why he's called Eck yet?

Not sure on that.

Thanks for the reasoning. I think its very ignorant to think that he didnt.

You worked out why he's called Eck yet?

So explain to me why he decided to go to Tottenham over West Ham? West Ham offered them more money, but he went to Tottenham because they had more promise. It was the same with us. With him in the side and 2 great wingers, we would have been able to compete again. The board have let him down big time.

So explain to me why he decided to go to Tottenham over West Ham? West Ham offered them more money, but he went to Tottenham because they had more promise. It was the same with us. With him in the side and 2 great wingers, we would have been able to compete again. The board have let him down big time.

To answer you question I'd only be taking your word for it that West Ham offered him more money so you'll forgive me that I dont.

To answer you question I'd only be taking your word for it that West Ham offered him more money so you'll forgive me that I dont.

It was said in the press conference when he became our player.

So if bent goes there is little the board can do? My god the lerner love in from some gets worse.

How about the board don't hire a useless manager, sell the best players and come up with a long term plan that shows some ambition?

God, when southgate went because we had no ambition were people saying lay off doug theres nothing he could do?

Â