Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

I think he feels like he's just been dealt the double blow of being stripped of the captaincy and then dropped. I can understand why he might have questions for Lambert. Talking about it to the press never helps matters, though.

That said, I fully expect him to start next match, and this will blow over.

Whatever the situation, Bent shouldn't be spouting off to the media because that is just all "I am" !!!

Bent's performances this season have been poor and if PL wants to try something different then that's his call and Bent is not owed some major attention in explaining the decision ..... he's just a player like all the rest.

Youve gotta look at what he said .....he was surprised he wasn't in the team for sundays match.

Well he must be the one of the few who were surprised. Gabby had scored 2 in midweek - and there was much speculation as to who would start on sat. Bent must have known there was a reasonable chance he wouldn't start.

IMO wrong decision not to start him - Bentekke missed a number of chances - you never can tell - but we may have been 2 up with bent on the pitch.

However Bent seems to be egging up the row. I rate bent - best goalscorer for ages - we really struggled without him last season. However a parting of the waves seems highly probable.

Probably never been as excited about a new signing as Darren Bent and now I'm just not that bothered about him.

I didn't realise how limited or technically poor he was until I saw him in a villa shirt. His scoring is obviously good but if he doesn't score a goal we may as well play without him.

He deserved to be dropped for the west brom game and it was the right decision. He needs to shut up talking and perform better.

Anyone who bothered to watch him play prior to him signing would have known what a limited player he is. It's not his fault that he hasn't lived up to the silly expectations of others.

He's a goalscorer, a penalty box player, not a number 10 or even someone with the capabilities to do good work outside of the box. That's why top teams will never touch the bloke.

For us though he's important as he's the only one we can trust to find the back of the net on a consistent basis, the key is getting the supply to him. Dropping him certainly did give him a wake up call, on Sunday he worked very hard and I've never seen him celebrate with that much passion before.

The bottom line is that he's very important for us, without him we could be in trouble as we don't have proven goalscorers around besides him.

Anyone who bothered to watch him play prior to him signing would have known what a limited player he is. It's not his fault that he hasn't lived up to the silly expectations of others.

Silly expectations? No one is expecting him to dribble round defenders and put the ball in the top corner. Most might expect a £20 million player to be able to control the ball well on a regular basis or work hard during a game.

Again, if you watched him prior to joining us you wouldn't at all be surprised or expect anything more than what he has given us thus far (a goal ratio of almost 1 in 2 I believe).

He never asked to be signed for £20m, that was the valuation Villa decided, mainly because we were desperate and realised that without a goal scorer it was likely we would go down that season. Bent came in a played a major role in keeping us up, mission accomplished.

Now I do agree that he wasn't worth the fee but that's what happens when you sign England internationals, in January and being desperate.

The philosophy for the club is deserving your place in the team. Look at Shay Given, two costly mistakes against Everton and he's rightfully dropped. How many good chances did Bent fluff last season? The rumoured falling out with McLeish and the 'shopping trip'. Before Southampton, his last league goal was against QPR. Yes, he's come back from a very bad injury but he's not a guaranteed start, nobody in this squad should be. The quotes aren't that bad, blown up by the media to draw clicks. Bent will have to prove himself on the pitch to keep his place. Before his injury, he has been very hit and miss for a long time.

Bit disappointed he felt the need to speak out. It must have been a bit of a bad couple of weeks, to lose the captaincy and then his starting place. But he should have kept his mouth shut. The goal he scored has probably got him back in the team anyway.

i actually think bents worked on his game greatly this year. he has worked a lot harder and tried to contribute alot more than just scoring.

he has been good this year just struggled abit with goals. but he has been injured for how long people have forgotten that. would not sell at all

Â